Apple.com Pre-Ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshGlzBrk, Jun 13, 2010.

1. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

So I know pre-ordering won't be available until Tuesday but I went ahead and did a mock buy and attempted to buy a 3GS from the apple store. They do allow you to keep your unlimited plan on there thank god lol. But I noticed something odd when I look where it shows my current plan it shows my current voice plan as 99.99 when I only have the 69.99 (60.00 with FAN) 700 minute family plan. I'm replacing an existing phone.

Should I be worried at all if it's like that on pre-order day?

[​IMG]

2. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I think if you have a FAN discount you want to go to AT&T

3. JoshGlzBrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Pre-Order from AT&T website? Will it just be like an in store pickup?

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

There's no reason to goto AT&T. Apple.com uses the AT&T website to check your eligibility. Your current rate plan shows up when you add a phone and enter your social etc...

Your FAN discount will not be dropped simply by ordering from Apple's website.

5. JoshGlzBrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Well the thing is I only have the 69.99 voice plan (3 lines) and then my fan discount brings it down to 60.00 but apple.com shows 99.99

6. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

Im the authorized user on a small business CRU account. Im going to do and upgrade swap. Will i be able to preorder thru Apple or do i have to deal with ATT?

7. monksealpup macrumors regular

People need to stop saying this sh*t. This was the case back in 2008, not now. Those problems have been solved. Stop spreading 2 year old advice.

8. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Well the people at the ATT stores need to stop saying this also!!! I think its a way to get me to come into an ATT store and pre-order w/that ATT salesperson so they get a commission. But a bunch already told me "If I were you and I had a 28% FAN I definitly would come to the ATT store to pre-order."

This was 4 different ATT retail shops that said something like the above to me. I'm all paranoid. I said, "Why not just order from Apple, I want it delivered on 6/24..." and the ATT sales kid would say, "well then you might mess up your FAN"

9. JoshGlzBrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Well if it does mess up you can always have them re apply it anyways.. So I guess it wouldn't really matter.

10. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

my FAN does not show up on a mock buy as well. shows just like yours does. From what I'm reading from others and from one Apple CSR we should have nothing to worry about in regards to the FAN getting dropped. If it does the Apple CSR said ATT Premier CS can put it back on.

I've already gotten mis-info from ATT sales reps...

11. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

well considering my FAN comes from a previous employer... I just don't want an issue ;)

12. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Can you pre order with a new line of service that hasn't been created yet?

13. JoshGlzBrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

That's always nice lol

14. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I understand there is no issue for existing customers with FAN discounts who upgrade at the Apple store. However, does anyone know if the same applies to new AT&T customers who want to purchase the iPhone 4 and set up their plan/discount?

15. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

FAN discounts will not be effected by ordering from Apple.com

Apple does not show your UPS/Coca Cola/etc... FAN discount #. That's only on your mywireless page.

If for any reason your FAN discount get's taken off during the process, call 611 and they can see that your FAN discount was previously on your account and can be re-added.

You can find out the same information by calling 611 and asking CSR or calling an Apple store. I got the same information from both.

16. JoshGlzBrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Also I have another quick question if anyone knows.

The iPhone 4 I'm ordering will replace my current 3GS. But if I want to move one of the other lines on my account to my old iPhone is it easy to do online? Or would I need to go to AT&T?

17. gammaknife macrumors newbie

The primary acc holder on our att account is my wife and we have FAN through her employer. I am registered as the authorized user. Can I pick up my pre order from the apple store or shud my wife who is the primary acc holder be there to pick up the iphone?

18. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

does anyone know what time the apple.com pre-order will go up? Also is there any certain part of the website that we need to go to to sign up for the pre-order?

19. japresl macrumors member

This is my big concern, too! I can't get it re-applied because I no longer work there...hah

20. tylertech macrumors regular

All you have to do is put the other line's SIM card into the 3GS, then sync with iTunes and set it up. Call 611 to add the data plan to that account and you're done.

21. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

We're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again. :p

22. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i don't think we will have a problem. i've read and been told if for some reason the FAN is dropped ATT will re-apply it w/o question so...but hey who knows.

23. dave006 Contributor

dave006

I would suggest that you read this link and then call your local Apple store to ask based on what you read on the link.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-...e=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB110035

Dave

24. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Everyone else seems to be skirting the OP's question (like every other thread on this site), but this is interesting to me.

Our family base plan is $80 (1400 mins) with 5 total lines. This shows up as $119.99 on an Apple.com run-through. $80 + 4 (extra) x $9.99 = $119.96 which is pretty close (but still off).

25. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

Hi,

I am using T-Mobile currently and checked if I can keep the same number. ATT website said that I can. However, when I pre-order, will I be asked about it at Apple Online Store?