Apple.com preorder thread - iPhone 6/6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltb7, Sep 9, 2014.

1. jchiou macrumors 6502

jchiou

yay so excited :) my fav thread every 2 years! it's fun to go through all this with everyone! got my alarm set for Friday at 2:50AM EDT!

2. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

I'm working nights on Thursday night into Friday morning so I'll already be awake and near the internet. Going to order through the Apple website as I've had good experiences both times that I've done so. I received my iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 5 one day before launch due to carelessness on the part of FedEx. Would be cool if that happened again.

3. The Tos macrumors 6502a

The not knowing of when I am going to get my phone is way I stay away from pre-ordering. I just get up early on launch day and head to the closest corporate store. I am usually there by 330-400am and am always the first in line. That way I ensure I walk away with the phone I want on launch day. Just my opinion on getting the new phone every year, I know everyone has different options that work best for them…

4. burgman, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

This and the shipping threads that track shipments in detail, Very entertaining

5. pcmofo macrumors member

pcmofo

Pro Tip

Pro-Tip... Use the Apple Store App on your current iPhone to pre-order your NEW iPhone, it works every time!

I remember waking up at 3AM (EST) to pre-order on my Mac, only to refresh for 30+ minutes with no luck... My friend called and told me to try to Apple Store App on my phone, Since all the data is pre-loaded in the App, the only thing the App needs to do is send out the actual final transaction, so it's much more likely to go through and NOT lose your session like the web store is! Also, it has all your info in the App, no need to re-enter.

The next two pre-orders took all of 10 minutes to wake up, launch the app, and pre-order my new iPhone. (No pre-orders last year :eek:( )

So, I would highly recommend updating your Apple Store App and using that to order directly from Apple!

6. stiloverx macrumors regular

I will have to make sure i have my shipping and payment information ready in my account so i can pre order quickly.

Also this time i am going to use my credit card, does anybody know if it gets charge right away with the total amount or it charges the card once it ships?

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I'll also be changing from contract to Next. I'll be using the app on my current phone. I checked things out yesterday on the app and it can handle the change to next.

8. mgiangra macrumors newbie

i wouldnt worry too much about speed i think theres plenty to go around

9. king-spirit macrumors newbie

Im from Germany and i have a question.

I want to order from the Apple Store app on my iphone. But i think i can only use it with a credit card which i dont have.

On the apple website i can pay with paypal, but that isnt possible with the app am I right?

Can anyone tell me the german time (Berlin) when the pre ordering starts?

thanks guys

10. itjw macrumors 65816

And it's the folks like you that "didn't ask questions" and "don't get it in writing" that are always the ones I see getting hosed the easiest.

You're probably fine. Probably.

You will have to sweat for 12 hours to find out, and what IF there was a limited run of the 128GB models for whatever reason? At least by pre-ordering at midnight you would KNOW.

If you are comfortable in taking the word of some guy you've never met just becau... well, just because he works for Verizon, what with their 3 YEARS of lying to people about getting the iPhone away from AT&T (remember that? I do lol), then okie dokie, but I sure wouldn't.

All I was trying to say was that it wasn't worth the risk. Every year there are people that get hosed out of a launch day phone because they trust someone OTHER than Apple to deliver (Best Buy for the 4, as another example). It is what it is, and as long as you're cool with it fine.

After an initial rush of "gotta get the +" it seems people are starting to come to their senses and realize that they don't want to tote around an iPad micro as their primary phone. The "base" 6 may end up being the preferred model after all.

All hypotheticals, but I only know one way to get what you want for sure, and it involves a computer (or iDevice) at 1200AM Friday. Anything else and you are taking a gamble of a major delay. People thought the 5 pre-order was going to be like the 4S, and look what happened: 30 minutes in and you were waiting weeks.

11. rodknocker macrumors 6502

I've heard that the preorder starts at 8:00 h in the morning.

12. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

I always love this part of the process for some reason. I will be up at 3am ordering a Silver 64gb AT&T 6 and a Gold 128gb Verizon 6. Hoping it goes smoothly like it did on the 5.

13. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

ltb7

iphone 5 tracking was SOOOO much fun! i hope everyone from iPhone 5 in 2012 comes back!!

also, it is really helpful for people to post here when they are getting orders confirmed as we quickly learned the app was the secret sauce! my iPhone 5 order was a breeze.....i assume app will be the way but we will find out soon!!

spoke to my apple dude and he said it will be at 12:01 PST/3:01 EST as usual and that if you want to use apple gift cards (i have a few) that it's better to buy with express pay with your credit card and then go by the store with in the 14 day time period and they can easily adjust....

i still have all links to the alaskan air traffic controllers!!

make sure you put your proper phone number set up in your apple account as that is how we can find our phones when they leave the factories....we will receive tracking and serial numbers but it was well after they began to move, so we used our phone numbers through back door.....

i am still surprised that they did not drop the 16GB model, i was really hoping for 32GB entry level but with everything backed up on times machine, thumb drive + iTunes match + iCloud/iCloud Photo Library, i am thinking i will go for iPhone 6+ 16GB - seems people are so confused over which size phone to buy that the GB issue was left more on the side lines...it better hold me over until 2016! i don't use that many apps so hoping it will be plenty, it better be! rest up!

14. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

Previously paying an extra $100 to upgrade from 16gb to 32gb did not seem worth it to me. Going from 16gb to 64gb I can justify. 64gb for me this time.

15. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

ltb7

if i remember correct, i think it taps your account for an authorization hold then charges soon after, your phone will start jumping around pretty quick to get to you, IF you wake up on time, ha!!

just looked and with iPhone 5, i rec'd my confirm from apple by 3:07 am EST sept 14, 2012 and received shipping info email on sept 20, 2012 and got the iPhone 5 the next day by 10am.....

----------

good point......still have 24 hours to sort it out!!

16. ctbaz macrumors regular

Anyone know that has been through this before if you need to upgrade your shipping at all to get the phone on release day or will normal shipping be enough?

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Ready for Thursday night mayhem at 11:50 PST. Let the race begin! :D:D:cool:

[​IMG]

:apple:

18. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

ltb7

i asked about that as i saw 8am posted somewhere too but i was told that is time for apple store to open to purchase iPhone 6/6+ in store on release date, Sept 19th

----------

normal is perfect

19. ethan0917 macrumors newbie

20. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

ltb7

yes! there should be threads set up for other carriers/stores as well! it get's too crazy to have everything combined! i have only pre-ordered from apple so i don't know if you can track phone nor if pre-order arrives on release day....what are you thinking? are you going to do pre-order??

21. sandmanfvr macrumors member

Never done this with an iPhone and I think I will do this like you said. I tried on the Apple Store app and you can "play" like you ordering one and I was smooth till you can't actually start the order, but if it is quicker then order it and go back to sleep. I do think the wake up time is kind of insane but oh well, heh.

22. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

My favorite thread, every two years. :cool:

I'll be preordering a space gray, 64 GB, AT&T, iPhone 6 at 3am tomorrow night and am looking into my ordering options. This website mentions that there will be a pick-up option so we can head to our local Apple Store on the 19th and get it, rather than waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Does anyone have any additional information on this? If I remember correctly, in the past, the "in-store pickup option" was not a true pre-order. They simply stood in a different line than the others. Is this a true pre-order pickup this time around? If so, it'd be great to stop by the Apple Store that morning, grab my phone, and go.

23. ltb7 thread starter macrumors 6502

ltb7

have everything ready and opened just in case - def plan on app, make sure your easy pay is turned ON, the less buttons to click the faster you will go

24. sandmanfvr macrumors member

Good point above, I use paypal for iTunes and app stuff as I don't use credit cards, can that be used to pay for this or can I use/have to use my debit card?

25. nyc410 macrumors member

I was reading somewhere on Applecare website that your purchase date is considered the day the iPhone ships which is also the same day your credit card gets charged, not at the time of the transaction