Apple.com preorder thread - iPhone 6/6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltb7, Sep 9, 2014.

1. bcooln macrumors regular

this is going to be my first time, i guess i will have my imac, macbook, and ipad ready because i am going to order 2, 64GB 6 silver and 64GB 6+ Gold

----------

me too because fedex usually deliver stuff early for me, UPS always around 6-7pm

2. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Apple.com preorder thread - iPhone 6/6 Plus

Glad this thread exists! A place where we can share our experiences.

I'll be pre-ordering a 64 GB 6 Plus at midnight on the 12th. I keep reading that a lot of people use the app. I used Apple's website for ordering the 5s without any problems. However, I'll have both the app and Apple's website up, as well as AT&T.

3. iWallace26 macrumors regular

how does pre ordering work if i courrently have verizon but will go to at&t using then next program?

4. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

Have owned every iphone except for the 5S....so I've purchased a lot of iphones.....buying iphone 6....+ is too big.

5. msesha87 macrumors 6502

msesha87

Im back iPhoners

So, I find myself here every year tracking and chasing my iPhone .. let the fun begin.. I haven't missed one yet. I do regret not keeping my old ones and collecting.

6. pmcdn macrumors regular

Couple Verizon pre-order questions:

1.) I will trade in my iPhone 5 for the $200 and take advantage of the 1Gb data. Can I pre-order online and still do this?

2.) The Verizon guy told me on the phone that when I order, I can use CC or apply to the bill, get the $200 gift card, then use it towards the bill to balance out.

Can I still add the phones to my Verizon acct whenI pre-order instead of using a CC?

3.) Does it matter whether I pre-order from Apple site or Verizon Wireless site?

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Sounds like calling Verizon might help...

8. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

You guys think there is any reason for apple.com to not allow us to pre-order the phones at full retail price (no contact)?

9. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

WOOT! I finally get to participate in these threads! I'll be staying up 'til midnight tomorrow, and ordering 4 phones (3 of which are 6 or 6 pluses, the other one might be a 5S or 5C).

10. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I'll be up at 12:01 PST ordering on my Mac. Getting the 64GB iPhone 6 (+ is way too big :p) on T-Mobile hoping it's unlocked for use on AT&T. If it's not, well, I guess I'll be returning it then!

I wonder why the app doesn't show T-Mobile as an option? I've heard people have much better luck with the app vs the website.

11. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

I thought last year, the easiest way to get a unlocked GSM 5s was to buy the Verizon version? Supposedly their was a law implemented that Verizon phones had to be unlocked on the GSM bands. So ATT and T-Mobile radios where unlocked.

12. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I love this thread! I remember all the excitement with the iPhone 5, and now it starts with the 6.

Awesome!! :)

13. pmcdn macrumors regular

Oh, trust me... I've called a couple times and finally walked into a store. I'm not ragging on Verizon, but I've been given all sorts of conflicting info.

I think I got it settled now.

14. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

Anyone speak to Verizon on how the trade in works if u pre order online Friday?? I'm sure it's in store only on the 19th. I also heard Apple+ doesn't apply to this deal??

I'd love to do that deal BUT i'm pre-ordering on either Apple or Verizon Midnight.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Excellent, I won't need to stay up to 3 am anymore. I can do it comfortably at 3 pm my time :D

16. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I'll be ordering a 64 GB space grey...unsure if 6 or + yet.

17. pmcdn macrumors regular

The Verizon rep told me that if I pre-order online, they will send me a mailing package where I can send my used iPhone back to them, and then sometime later I'll receive a gift card (the only way Verizon will pay you for trade ins) in the next few weeks.

This isn't bad, but I'm too cautious to mail in my trade in. I'd be really upset if I sent my iPhone 5 in, which is in pristine condition and during shipping back to Verizon it got damaged causing my trade in value to drop to nothing.

18. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I would love a Verizon model - but I don't have an account and AFAIK I can't pre order a Verizon device only.

19. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Quick question, can you add a line to an existing AT&T (or other carrier) account via ordering on Apple.com?

20. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Right. I had to stayed in line at the Apple store to get the Verizon 5S.

21. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Weird. That's the only way they let us pre-order the iPhone in Canada.

22. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

That's how it is everywhere else in the world besides the U.S. I don't understand why the SIM-Free model (unlocked) doesn't come here for several months. Very annoying.

23. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

Yes. But only if your favorite football team did better than 4-8 last year. Sorry. :eek:

24. California King macrumors 65816

Does anyone know if the pre-order is gonna be midnight Pacific or Eastern time? Anyone remember how it was like for the 5 or 5s? I believe they didn't do pre-order for the 5s, right?

25. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

you serious? 12am PST IS 3am EDT!!!