Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doogle

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Australia

obviously the graphic references the black monolith from "2001, A Space Odyssey"...it's actually kind of foreboding.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    985 bytes · Views: 3,154

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Let's hope the event hype is matched with real product launch.

Here's what we DO know about 2007, MWSF aside. . . .

Apple bought a $50m telecom center over a year ago to do "something". . . .

Apple bought a new Cupertino campus for over $50m 6+ months ago to do "something" . . . . .

Steve Jobs owns a "significant" portion of Disney, not because he needs the money, or because his ego was not big enough already, but to leverage the evil non-compliant world around him, to HIS view of things. You know, downloadable media content of all types, at all times, to all devices, at all places, from all people (against their will).

Buy once view many.

First music, then eBooks, and broadcast TV, then movies. What's next? consumer distributed content?

Shocking.

On the hardware side we have incremental COMPUTER upgrades, incremental MUSIC upgrades, incremental computer SOFTWARE upgrades, and ASTOUNDING media and MEDIA VIEWING, and MEDIA DISTRIBUTION, and MEDIA STORE/DELIVER upgrades to come.

In 2007.

Rocketman

thomasfxlt

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
Here's what we DO know about 2007, MWSF aside. . . .

Apple bought a $50m telecom center over a year ago to do "something". . . .

Apple bought a new Cupertino campus for over $50m 6+ months ago to do "something" . . . . .

Steve Jobs owns a "significant" portion of Disney, not because he needs the money, or because his ego was not big enough already, but to leverage the evil non-compliant world around him, to HIS view of things. You know, downloadable media content of all types, at all times, to all devices, at all places, from all people (against their will).

Buy once view many.

First music, then eBooks, and broadcast TV, then movies. What's next? consumer distributed content?

Shocking.

On the hardware side we have incremental COMPUTER upgrades, incremental MUSIC upgrades, incremental computer SOFTWARE upgrades, and ASTOUNDING media and MEDIA VIEWING, and MEDIA DISTRIBUTION, and MEDIA STORE/DELIVER upgrades to come.

In 2007.

Rocketman

You and I are on the same planet Rocketman

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
I really hope leopard doesnt come out!

*hides*
I just invested $1500 on a macbook, i really dont want to fork out another $150 for an upgraded OS, cuz i know i have to get it. lol :p

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Meh. . . I'll believe it when I see something that warrants such hype. My cells have been so saturated with radiation from Steve's Reality Distortion Field that I'm immune to BS at this point. Enough Top Secret" features. No more snappy banners. No more pretty speeches talking crap about Vista. Its time for Jobs to put up or shut up come January 9th.

I really hope leopard doesnt come out!

*hides*
I just invested $1500 on a macbook, i really dont want to fork out another $150 for an upgraded OS, cuz i know i have to get it. lol :p

Don't worry it won't. And if by some massive stretch of someone's imagination that it does; only a fool would upgrade to an OS as rushed, if it comes out in Jan, as 10.5.

thomasfxlt

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
How Steve thinks...

Digital cameras became "mainstream" when it became easy for "mom" to print the pictures at any local Walmart (and they looked good)

MP3 players showed up in everyone's pocket when they were easy to get content into and were reasonably inexpensive.

There is a microwave in every kitchen because of 1 button cooking.

Steve has a few more "toasters" up his sleeve for 07'

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
How much does it cost to go to MAcworld?

Basic floor vendors and watching Keynote from a different theatre then where Steve is live usually runs $45 for late register exhibitor hall.

The cost to get there (assuming you don't live in the Bay Area) varies with airlines and the hotels for lodging.

They are quite enjoyable. Well worth the general admission vendor ticket.

Pricing: http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/register

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
...but the graphic does look a little... poorly done? Especially that distortion in the corner...

OH GAWD!!!

Here come the "Photoshop Conspiracy Theorists" already! :eek:

:D

Animefan 1 said:
The image isn't about balance, it's about symbolization. The light rays in the image Apple used are not used to simulate a spotlight (where the light source would be more consistent around the edges), but rather a dawning - a new dawn for Apple in this case. About the bite mark, it looks the same to me.

Ah geez... :rolleyes:

;)

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Basic floor vendors and watching Keynote from a different theatre then where Steve is live usually runs $45 for late register exhibitor hall.

The cost to get there (assuming you don't live in the Bay Area) varies with airlines and the hotels for lodging.

They are quite enjoyable. Well worth the general admission vendor ticket.

Pricing: http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/register

DAmn...is the 45 dollar basic ticket even worth it?

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Meh. . . I'll believe it when I see something that warrants such hype. My cells have been so saturated with radiation from Steve's Reality Distortion Field that I'm immune to BS at this point. Enough Top Secret" features. No more snappy banners. No more pretty speeches talking crap about Vista. Its time for Jobs to put up or shut up come January 9th.

Agreed.

This MacWorld is going to be very exciting. Last year they unveiled the first round of Intels, now they need to try to top that...

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
MWSF will be Apple starting point for telling their "competition": "Sit down, shut up and let the Master show you how it's done."

Rock on Apple!:cool:

Nice. I also do not think its 100% tied to Macworld, but I hope to God it is.

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
...I hope people keep in mind that Apple is not putting all of their eggs in one basket - MWSF. Rather, MWSF will the starting point for one hell of a year for Apple.

MWSF will be Apple starting point for telling their "competition": "Sit down, shut up and let the Master show you how it's done."

Rock on Apple!:cool:

That's EXACTLY what I was saying when I started this thread... "I've been telling everyone all year that I felt that Apple is REALLY gonna do BIG things in 2007."

Meaning several things throughout the entire year. :cool:

"Rock on Apple" indeed. :D

BenRoethig

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Dubuque, Iowa
Digital cameras became "mainstream" when it became easy for "mom" to print the pictures at any local Walmart (and they looked good)

MP3 players showed up in everyone's pocket when they were easy to get content into and were reasonably inexpensive.

There is a microwave in every kitchen because of 1 button cooking.

Steve has a few more "toasters" up his sleeve for 07'

The question here is there another iPod up his sleeve where apple took an emerging market and took it to the next level or will iTV be an expensive attempt to fix things only Steve and a few others think are broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.