Apple Contacting Some Early Apple Watch Customers: 'We're Working on Your Order'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 22, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple on Wednesday emailed select customers that pre-ordered the Apple Watch to reassure them that the company is working on their orders and will provide them with specific delivery dates and tracking information when available. Apple appears to have sent the email to customers with Apple Watch pre-orders that have yet to be prepared for shipment ahead of Friday's launch.

[​IMG]
    Apple Watch pre-order deliveries will begin on April 24 as scheduled, although it remains unknown how many devices will reach customers on day one. Apple confirmed earlier today that many Apple Watch pre-orders with extended shipping estimates will be delivered sooner than expected, but also noted that some customers with extended shipping estimates may still be in for a long wait.

It is unclear if this email is intended to reassure customers that their Apple Watch pre-orders may still be delivered on April 24, or to acknowledge that the shipments will not be finalized in time for Friday but will still be delivered within the original April 24-May 8 estimated window.

Article Link: Apple Contacting Some Early Apple Watch Customers: 'We're Working on Your Order'

2. jacobh101 macrumors regular

got this email from Apple, was hoping it was preparing for shipment. Instead its a link to videos. :mad:

3. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

4. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

This launch seems very disorganized for Apple. Reassuring people?

5. ditdot, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

ditdot macrumors newbie

Yeah, I got this email...pretty much was a kick in the junk!!

42mm SS Classic Buckle

6. syndalis macrumors regular

3:09am order. EST. SO nine minutes after launch.

Stainless steel watch with black sports band.

Still nothing at all.

I have sat in line for every iDevice launch since the 3G - feeling kind of salty at my inability to have this at launch.

7. rcastro0 macrumors member

I'm so confused. i got the same email. This is their way of telling us no 04/24 delivery. Hope mine will ship sometime next week. :(

8. alexcue macrumors 6502

alexcue

Got it too.. I just read that someone else who got it just confirmation that his is shipping. So all is not lost.... Just yet

9. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

This is by far the most misleading email of the 21st century.

10. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I just wanna know why the certain people got this

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i got this email, yet some people are getting their watches early...
    apple you dropped the ball on this one and i hope heads roll at Apple HQ

12. hellamyers macrumors newbie

I got this email just now. :( Hoping to be surprised but doubt it. I ordered the 42MM Apple Watch with Classic Buckle. I have the 4/24-5/8 delivery window.

Such is life.

13. Willskate4free macrumors newbie

Yup got one of these on one of my watches ... The ss 42mm sport black ... The 38mm that I ordered is in preparing to ship :( if the wife gets hers and I don't on Friday I'm gonna be a sad panda :(

14. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Just got mine. I have now fully accepted I will be getting my watch next week at the earliest. Oh well.

15. Yourboyg macrumors newbie

Got these email a few minutes ago. I feel like everyone who got this email isn't gonna get there watch till the 8th

16. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

So what you're saying is that Apple is now promising to deliver my watch in the exact same time frame that they have been promising all along?

Man am I angry about this.

17. hlevolve macrumors regular

hlevolve

I got this email at 10:04 CST... WHAT????? Talk about not providing any information at all... other than at least they didn't forget about me...

18. aceys macrumors member

12:02 PST pre-order e-mail. 38mm Sport Space Gray. No receipt, no shipping, and now no e-mail =(

19. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

For some reason this line really stood out to me as being "un-Apple" sounding. Perhaps because it's a very generic, canned customer service thing to say?

20. icedlatte macrumors member

21. michael31986 macrumors 68040

Ugh. Watch me get it. I am in the preparing for shipment batch of people though. Any preparing for shipment people have this?

22. gvogrin macrumors newbie

This is the worst email ever. Did you just want to remind me that I ordered a watch? Wait, you mean I need to update my iPhone? Whoa! Thanks for that. I was wondering if I needed to do that? I guess that will keep me busy during the two week waiting period.

You mean in the two weeks since I ordered the watch you cannot narrow down the expected delivery date by even a few days? Do I really want to see Apple's celebrity friends sporting their watches that they got for free while I am sitting here in limbo-land?

42mm SS Black Classic Band - 3:12am(Eastern) aka t+12 (still being processed)

23. DannyJr17 macrumors newbie

Just received emails for both my SG 42 Sport and my 42 Sport with Pink Band. Honestly, I am quite pleased that Apple reached out in this way, even though it possibly means no 4/24 shipping date...

24. dannyp13 macrumors newbie

I got this and my 42 SS with Milanese band is still processing. Order confirmed on 4/10 at 3:10am EST.

25. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Oh no! They are going to deliver within the time they advertised when people placed their orders. Oh the horror!