Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared three new videos that are part of its ongoing iPad Pro advertising campaign, which features tweets from actual Twitter users complaining about problems that Apple suggests can be fixed with an iPad Pro. "Real problems... answered" is the campaign's tagline.

All of the videos are 15 seconds in length, the ideal size for sharing on social media, where the spots have been featured.

The first video features a tweet that says "My laptop weighs five million tons..." which is used as the basis to highlight the iPad Pro's weight (about a pound) and its ability to run apps like Excel and PowerPoint.

In the second video, a Twitter user complains about needing to get out of her dorm room, which is answered with "Well, get out of there! You know your iPad Pro can hold your textbooks and notes so you can study just about anywhere."

The third video features a tweet complaining about a dead laptop battery during a flight, which is used to point out the all day battery life of the iPad Pro.

Apple's been running its Twitter-based iPad Pro advertising campaign since mid-February. It uses real tweets from real people, but actors are used in the videos to hold up signs and do the voiceovers. Videos so far have focused on features like the Apple Pencil, its range of note taking capabilities, its slim size and portability, its range of software, and more.

Article Link: Apple Continues Twitter-Based iPad Pro Ad Campaign With Three New Videos

ScottButler

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
Sunderland, UK
Is it just me who feels the 12.9 iPad Pro is almost being forgotten about? Yes it's still advertised as part of the collective "iPad Pro" product line, but it's missing big features that the 9.7 got a couple months after the 12.9 originally came out.

Also in the accessory department you get much more colours for the 9.7 than the 12.9.

It seems to me that both the 12.9 and 9.7 should have come out at the same time with the same features and accessories.

On top of all this, the budget iPad (without a version number) released this week and the rumoured 10.5 iPad, are really making the iPad product line confusing.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Waiting on the new iPad pros. Come on Apple. Less ads....more updates! I've got a wad of cash burning a hole in me pocket. Hurry up! Heh heh heh
[doublepost=1490916849][/doublepost]
Is it just me who feels the 12.9 iPad Pro is almost being forgotten about? Yes it's still advertised as part of the collective "iPad Pro" product line, but it's missing big features that the 9.7 got a couple months after the 12.9 originally came out.

Also in the accessory department you get much more colours for the 9.7 than the 12.9.

It seems to me that both the 12.9 and 9.7 should have come out at the same time with the same features and accessories.

On top of all this, the budget iPad (without a version number) released this week and the rumoured 10.5 iPad, are really making the iPad product line confusing.

The 12.9" iPad Pro is the new 17" MacBook Pro.

Reactions: midkay

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Curious Apple would release new iPad Pro ads now. I think it's a tell that we shouldn't expect new models until at least WWDC -- again not typically a hardware showcase so I have my doubts there too.

Also caught my attention: one ad touts the "iPad Pro." No size differentiation. But the 12.9 is not light and does not weigh "about a pound." And the last ad takes place on a plane. I have never seen a 12.9 iPad on a plane. Seems like it would be awkward -- so was the model in the ad a 9.7"

If so, is Apple getting read to knife the 12.9"? The 10.5" will take it's place maybe? 9.7" and 10.5" Pros seem too similar.

Just observations.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
My favorite tweet "I bought a new iPad believing it would be better than an iPad Air 2"
By new iPad do you mean the "iPad" or "iPad Pro"? Pro is 100% better than air 2 but I agree the new iPad is just worse.

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Come on Apple, don't abandon the Mac line. I have three Macs that need replacing, but refuse to pay extreme prices for 3 year old tech. Just purchased a Windows machine to experiment with as Apple is abandoning their Mac customers.
Apple has repeatedly said they are NOT abandoning Mac.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I guess these ads are not as bad as some of the others, but they are still not that good.

The worst one is the idiot that kept saying
"Worrrd".

They might as well have dancing people making a clicking sound with their MS Surfaces.

It is strange, I feel like Apple used to have great ads, and MS ads were just plan silly, but lately it seems like MS has been making more Apple-style ads, while Apple makes ads like these.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Apple has repeatedly said they are NOT abandoning Mac.
How do you or Apple define "abandoning"? It has been years since Apple advertised any Macs this aggressively.
[doublepost=1490918187][/doublepost]
Mac-Buyer's-Guide.png

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
How do you or Apple define "abandoning"? It has been years since Apple advertised any Macs this aggressively.
I was referring to supporting and refreshing product lines? You consider lack of ads abandoning really? These ads are cute but entirely irrelevant to the iPads, they hold very little value

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
[doublepost=1490918187][/doublepost] View attachment 694242
That is a lot of red "Don't Buys". Not one green.

I was referring to supporting and refreshing product lines
According to MR buyer's guide, Apple's Mac line is hardly refreshed.

These ads are cute but entirely irrelevant to the iPads, they hold very little value
I guess I can agree with this, but I have been seeing these ads a lot lately, I don't think that Apple believes the ads are irrelevant.

Reactions: HJM.NL

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
I know you're getting some sh*t for this, but the current iMac cycle is a disgrace. Those machines should be discounted 30% right now. And I cant even fathom the outrage if I were in need of a Mac Pro.
The prices are expensive but I feel BestBuy prices are a more reasonable price. A MacBook Pro starts at $1300 I consider that a great price to get a new MacBook Pro. Considering a MacBook starts at $1300 according to Apple, BestBuy gets that closer to $1000

Reactions: marty11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.