Apple Customer Care - What to do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sheramf, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sheramf macrumors newbie

Hi, I don't know what else to do, Service center is pointing me to call Apple Customer Care.... Apple Customer care is pointing me to service center..

This is Senco Service center in the Philippines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's the nature of LCD technology. Sometimes you get "warm" yellowish screens, sometimes you get "cold" bluish screens (which produces better whites as you saw).

I'm no Apple apologist, but frankly my best advice is, live with it.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I tend to agree. You only really notice it side by side with another computer. You can try to call Apple again and explain the situation, but even if they replace it, maybe it still the same.

It's really not that bad. In fact, I heard the "yellow" screens produce better color.

4. sheramf thread starter macrumors newbie

I am okay with that if that's the case.... but it's not "warmer" you would really feel the "tint" when you use it actual.

Also I have compared it to at least 3 MacBook Airs, and 1 MBA that is exactly the same model and same batch as mine.. all our "whiter"

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I can't really tell from the pictures, as I'm on my phone. Is the yellow consistent across the screen? If so it is not faulty and just needs calibrating. Beg, borrow or buy a ColorMunki Display or i1 Display Pro and profile your monitor. This will resolve your issues. Comparing 2 displays, when neither has been calibrated will never result in identical colours etc. By the way the yellow ish tint is probably more like real life than the burning cool white most people have their monitors set to.

6. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

Ask the service shop if they have a display calibration tool, if not then check with creative agencies (Sign shops, photographers, ad agencies, etc) around your area. If you could "rent" one for 15 minutes you could use it to calibrate your Mac's color profile to bring out true whites and whatnot.

LCDs are all different. I'm still shocked that these types of problems are so often complained about these days. 6 - 7 years ago people just accepted that there were variances and would simply adjust the display's color and go on about their day.

Article that talks about calibrating displays

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The linked article also mentions the Apple Display Calibration Assistant. I also know that some photo manipulation programs include screen calibrators. Has the OP tried this?

8. sheramf thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the responses, will consider.

But we already tried "calibrating" it, and tried several adjustment for the "white" we still can't reach the white compared to the other MBA that has default settings.