Apple Debuts 'Get Ready to Pre-Order' Option for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Alongside its new purchase pages for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, Apple debuted a website feature called "Get Ready to Pre-Order", an attempt to streamline the pre-ordering process in what is frequently a hectic and potentially confusing time for some would-be iPhone purchasers.

The option, which is available both online and in the Apple Store app, allows users to enter their wireless account details to confirm available pricing options before pre-orders officially begin at 12:01 a.m. PDT on September 12. This allows users to have a more streamlined pre-order experience, simply selecting their iPhone model, storage size, color and potential accessories before checking out.

In recent months, Apple has made efforts to streamline its shopping experiences in both retail and online stores. Last month, the company removed the iPad Smart Signs from its retail stores and moved pricing information into new apps on the display products themselves. The company also merged the Apple.com website and online store, creating a more streamlined experience for users.

Article Link: Apple Debuts 'Get Ready to Pre-Order' Option for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
If I pay full retail for the T-Mobile version during preorders, can I toss a Verizon sim into it and it work fine as well?

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
I'm not buying this phone purely out of protest at their decision to stick the base model at 16GB for a FOURTH year running. I personally would upgrade to the 64GB model regardless, but the way that NAND storage prices have plummeted over the last few years there is really no freaking excuse. This year really should have been the year. A "premium" phone should never be crippled with 16GB of storage.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I'm not buying this phone purely out of protest at their decision to stick the base model at 16GB for a FOURTH year running. I personally would upgrade to the 64GB model regardless, but the way that NAND storage prices have plummeted over the last few years there is really no freaking excuse. This year really should have been the year. A "premium" phone should never be crippled with 16GB of storage.
Like that will get you anywhere.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I don't see it either. The only option it gives me is AT&T next or the full retail price. Does anyone see the Apple option?
Same here. All I get is that I can order one for the usual 200/300/400. I thought we were checking our eligibility for the Apple plan?

If that's not going to show until 12:01 Saturday (reservation for store pickup with the Apple Plan) that will be confusing.

I'm not sure I like having to go to the store, presumably hand over my current phone to get the new one (next year)... Rather get it, set it all up and then get rid of the current one. But I bet that's not how this 'upgrade every year at the store' works. :)

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
That'll show 'em!

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Doesn't work for my AT&T business account. Thanks for making the process "easier." I'm more confused than before.

Reactions: theipodgod16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Question, (probably get an answer at the apple or ATT store, but thought I would see what people thing here). I am on ATT and will give my iphone 6 to my wife and buy the 6s for myself. I should be able to simply buy a sim free phone, take my sim out of the 6 and drop that into the 6s, and then take the 5c sim from my wife's phone and drop that into my 6. Other than wiping the phones and restoring from backup, does anyone see any problem with this? Any recommendations? I will pre-order this saturday morning and am planning on the sim free option, so just checking I am messing anything up.

Thanks

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
I'm a big believer in using exit & voice, but for a company this size, this will achieve nothing in terms of getting them to change.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If I pay full retail for the T-Mobile version during preorders, can I toss a Verizon sim into it and it work fine as well?
With the old models you could. But as was pointed out to me in a different thread it looks like they are changing it this time to have the ATT and T-Mobile models not having the CDMA radios to work on Verizon.

guitarman777

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
Question, (probably get an answer at the apple or ATT store, but thought I would see what people thing here). I am on ATT and will give my iphone 6 to my wife and buy the 6s for myself. I should be able to simply buy a sim free phone, take my sim out of the 6 and drop that into the 6s, and then take the 5c sim from my wife's phone and drop that into my 6. Other than wiping the phones and restoring from backup, does anyone see any problem with this? Any recommendations? I will pre-order this saturday morning and am planning on the sim free option, so just checking I am messing anything up.

Thanks
Sounds right to me.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I'm interested in a 6S Plus mainly for the T-Mobile Extended Range LTE. I'm guessing that out of the gate, you can only buy one (even at full price) with an existing line of service? I am on a T-Mobile MVNO and as such don't have an account with them. I know I had a heck of a time getting a 6 Plus unlocked because nearly everywhere you had to provide your existing carrier # (ended up buying "full price" from Best Buy and they almost refused to sell to me because I couldn't prove I was a Verizon customer).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.