Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today debuted a new iPhone-focused video featuring Apple Pay as part of its ongoing "If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone" advertising campaign. The video, available on the company's YouTube channel, features an iPhone being used to make different Apple Pay purchases.

The iPhone is centric to the video and is shown going through several different Apple Pay transactions as a voiceover explains Apple Pay and its features in a clever rhyme. At the end of the video, Apple ends with its latest signature tagline, "If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone."

This is an iPhone. And this is Apple Pay. Which lets you shop in a faster, simpler way. For groceries, and kicks, toys, and your lunchtime fix. It's safer than a credit card and keeps your info yours. And you can already use it in over one million stores.
"Apple Pay" is the fifth ad in this particular campaign, which focuses on the different capabilities of the iPhone. Other videos in the series have included "Loved," "Hardware & Software," "Amazing Apps," and "Photos & Videos," each with catchy music, visuals, and voiceovers.

In addition to its latest video ads, Apple also recently introduced a new iPhone-oriented web campaign, "Why There's Nothing Quite Like an iPhone," focusing on features that differentiate the iPhone from competing products. The mini site highlights the iPhone's integration of hardware and software, wide range of apps, camera, resistance to malware, Touch ID, and Apple Pay.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New 'Apple Pay' Ad in Ongoing 'If It's Not An iPhone' Campaign

MrJesseHammond

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
Sydney, Australia

Apple today debuted a new iPhone-focused video featuring Apple Pay as part of its ongoing "If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone" advertising campaign. The video, available on the company's YouTube channel, features an iPhone being used to make different Apple Pay purchases.

The iPhone is centric to the video and is shown going through several different Apple Pay transactions as a voiceover explains Apple Pay and its features in a clever rhyme. At the end of the video, Apple ends with its latest signature tagline, "If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone."

"Apple Pay" is the fifth ad in this particular campaign, which focuses on the different capabilities of the iPhone. Other videos in the series have included "Loved," "Hardware & Software," "Amazing Apps," and "Photos & Videos," each with catchy music, visuals, and voiceovers.

In addition to its latest video ads, Apple also recently introduced a new iPhone-oriented web campaign, "Why There's Nothing Quite Like an iPhone," focusing on features that differentiate the iPhone from competing products. The mini site highlights the iPhone's integration of hardware and software, wide range of apps, camera, resistance to malware, Touch ID, and Apple Pay.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New 'Apple Pay' Ad in Ongoing 'If It's Not An iPhone' Campaign
That's funny because I have an iPhone and can't use Apple Pay....

Ted13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
NYC
More to the point, if "it's not an Apple Watch, it's not an Apple Watch" - paying with it is truly effortless -- nothing gets taken out of your pocket or bag when doing Apple Pay with your Apple Watch.

Reactions: thekeyring

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I actually liked that ad
and don't think Pay a fad,
but there's one question I must ask.
Answering might be quite the task.
Why does the narration RYHME?
The ad was quite witty,
I thought the :apple:Pay use was wise,
Much better than the other guys,
Whose payment schemes are viewed as ....

Need help here.

Last edited:

bgraham

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2015
United Kingdom
Smart of them to hit on personal security twice by saying it's safer than a CC and they don't sell your data.
Neither does Google. Can we stop saying that? Firstly, it would be completely illegal for Google to hand over your bank details to third parties and secondly, they just don't sell your data anyway, they use your data to let advertisers target the people they want to advertise to which might be you. For example, Google might learn you like coffee from your search history, they'll then give you ads for coffee machines. That's not selling data.

Dargoth

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2014
Maybe this will help the certain banks (who will remain nameless) who haven't even bothered to investigate ApplePay, to do so (since they don't seem to be doing their own research). I called mine up, they claim they have no plans to implement it. I have plans to unimplement them if this keeps up...

Dargoth

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2014
The ad was quite witty,
I thought the :apple:Pay use was wise,
Much better than the other guys,
Whose payment schemes are viewed as ....

Need help here.
Your rhyming pattern doesn't work, which is why you're having trouble finishing it. The best-sounding patterns are "ABAB", "AABB" or sometimes AABBA, Yours would have to be... ABBA or ABBB or something? Doesn't really sound right to me...

daye

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2013
Maybe this will help the certain banks (who will remain nameless) who haven't even bothered to investigate ApplePay, to do so (since they don't seem to be doing their own research). I called mine up, they claim they have no plans to implement it. I have plans to unimplement them if this keeps up...
That what I did to rite aid , I switched Walgreens for my priscriptions.

Reactions: Kaibelf

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Neither does Google. Can we stop saying that?
Well, that's debatable. While you are probably right in the literal sense, they certainly do collect your data and monetize it. You also have no guarantee that they won't share your data with third parties, or that it doesn't get stolen or otherwise abused at some point.

In particular, Google Wallet collects all your transaction data (allowing them to build an even more detailed profile about you). Apple does not collect transaction data from in-store transactions. Apple Pay also does not disclose your name to the retailer like swiping a credit cards does.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
More to the point, if "it's not an Apple Watch, it's not an Apple Watch" - paying with it is truly effortless -- nothing gets taken out of your pocket or bag when doing Apple Pay with your Apple Watch.
I dunno. Not to down the Watch but I'm much more comfortable using my iPhone to pay. I'd feel like I'm "showing off" by raising my wrist up towards the Pay scanner. It's like, "Oooh look at me, I have the Watch". Not to mention, it seems less comfortable holding your arm up so the Watch can communicate with the scanner rather than holding the iPhone in a standard position.

Dargoth

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2014
Well it's not like they're airing this ad for us down here. Just wish the banks would work out an agreement with Apple soon so we can use it here...but I'm not holding my breath :(
It'll happen eventually. These transition phases for technology are never fun...

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Neither does Google. Can we stop saying that? Firstly, it would be completely illegal for Google to hand over your bank details to third parties and secondly, they just don't sell your data anyway, they use your data to let advertisers target the people they want to advertise to which might be you. For example, Google might learn you like coffee from your search history, they'll then give you ads for coffee machines. That's not selling data.

Who mentioned Google? I was referring to the store itself. Iron those panties.

ricosuave

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
In front of my mac
Of course they do."Google" doesn't sell you coffee, advertisers do.

tmiw

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
For those who don't know what to look for at the unofficial retailers, that one million stores figure is probably wildly inflated. :( Not saying that Apple is wrong but a lot of places don't even have the contactless logo anywhere so most won't bother trying.

On a positive note, the ad is pretty cool and might actually get people who gave up on AP to try it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.