Apple Debuts 'Reimagined and Redesigned' Support Site

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Junior117 macrumors 6502

Did they not just do this with the support site a couple of years ago? I'm pretty sure they did.

Whatever. It looks fine.

2. jwwetzel macrumors newbie

I just searched "Macbook Pro" in the support page, and it even auto-completed. I hit enter.

I am returned A WALL OF TEXT, OVER 10,000 RESULTS! WTH AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT?

3. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

[​IMG]

4. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

See? New Apple Support page.

"Can't innovate anymore, my ass."
    --- Post Merged, Apr 29, 2016 ---
    Kidding, right?

How many hits do you get if you search for "the"?

Try being just a little more specific. Like why are you searching for Macbook Pro?

5. jwwetzel macrumors newbie

Because it autocompleted "Macbook Support", I didn't just type it in. You would think that it would autocomplete significant terms, or bring me to the Macbook Support page, not a wall of results.

6. tw1ll macrumors regular

It's a Support site.....fine, but the first thing I spot when browsing the iPad section is a top level link to the error 53 fix. Says it all really about their declining Software QA. Also, despite the fortunes paid to senior managment, like everything else they do now there is zero innovation in customer experience being shown here. Support could be a great place to show they still subscribe to the idea that the experience of using Apple products is central to everything they do. If the high paid help focussed on that we would see a real turnaround in performance, both product and financial.

7. stopthenonsense macrumors member

stopthenonsense

Apple's support, being perfectly honest, SUCKS!

8. rezwits macrumors 6502a

rezwits

Yeah actually it does suck, especially because they probably have cut support to only support the last 3 years of products by now (jk), but bejeezus why the hell did they get rid of all the old articles? Stupid I think...

9. Shirasaki, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016

Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

And please allow users to just use iTunes Card to purchase iTunes Store product.
    For fraudulent user, simply ban the account, problem solved. (although likely this is not that easy)
    Finding a way to get a CC from destination country/region is harsh. :(
    -------------------------------------------------
    Well, there is an interesting sentence: if he choose to tolerate for now, then he may show greater power in the future. I don't know. But if Apple choose to do this, it is actually not that bad.
    However, those Wall Street fanatics may not have enough patience to wait.

10. SeaFox macrumors 68030

SeaFox

I call it just like the real thing -- still a little short to be usable.

11. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

And yet the sub-pages are still not designed for mobile devices like an iPhone. What a shame for a company touting itself having revolutionised the mobile landscape.

Maybe when the iPhone 10 arrives with a 12" display we can use the Apple Communities without sideways scrolling.

12. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Interestingly putting in "MacBook Pro" is around 2K hits, putting in the suggested "MacBook Pro support" is 10k hits.

FYI "the" = zero :)

On a serious note though, searching for the issue that plagued my laptop "MacBook Pro retina 2012 wifi " it's not in the first page of results, Still get 3k results, be good if they structured the search results. I'm sure they will improve it.

13. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Oh no! What a horribly skeuomorphic design. Just look at that picture of an actual physical in-person support interaction!

Why didn't they give their support site a more modern design, meaning flatter and less welcoming?

14. mw360 macrumors 68000

mw360

Hmmm, I must have accidentally accessed a beta. Whatever problem I type into the search bar it just returns the words, 'Buy a new one.'

15. Mac Fly (film) macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

Give MacRumours what they want. Physically changed products for change sake with no support. I'm sure then they'll say great things about Apple. The cynicism around here is mega tiring guys. None of the ever have a positive thing to say about anything.

16. BruceEBonus macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

First battered Mars Bars. Now battered iPhones. Scotland .... This is the future! :p

17. emm386 macrumors 6502

emm386

Considering Apple's current software quality and service reliability, this move makes a lot of sense to me.

18. AndyUnderscoreR macrumors 6502

AndyUnderscoreR

"iPhone Batter" 8160 hits

19. MH01 Suspended

MH01

20. tw1ll macrumors regular

Perhaps it's a symptom of frustration from people who once enjoyed products that "just work" and product launches that were guenuinely interesting and not full of trivial self-congratulatory claptrap?

21. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Wondered how soon will Apple redesign the community page ... still old layout and is not mobile friendly either.

22. jscooper22 macrumors regular

jscooper22

And no links to server or work stuff. I swear, Apple is treating its business customers like they wish we'd just go away. It's like your girlfriend deciding she wants to break up with you, but rather then look you in the eye she just keeps getting harder and harder to reach.

(EDIT: ok, found it, buried a few links in ... like I said, getting harder and harder to reach.)

23. KernelG macrumors member

KernelG

Most likely accompanied by a fresh round of 404 errors and missing KB articles for anyone trying to use an external search engine. Hooray.

24. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

Don't moan...

It's taken YEARS to design those long tables, now they are done, the team are starting to work on some Apple products again, but may take a while.