Apple Debuts 'Reimagined and Redesigned' Support Site

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 29, 2016.

1. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

So...Apple is becoming the next search engine. "Applee!"

2. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I'm sure they will. They wouldn't do this out of the blue unlike the redesign of the support site.

WWDC, maybe?

3. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Seriously? Do you go onto a clothing site and search for "sweatshirt" Give it a clue.

I really like how as soon as you click in the search space it offers some very useful starting points (manuals, tech specs etc) so you don't even have to scroll down or type anything.

4. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

"iPhone batter"

Guys I think theres something wrong with mine. I'm having serious boot issues.

[​IMG]

5. dwhittington macrumors regular

dwhittington

Most immersive support experience ever. Now I can see my support issues extend beyond the edge of my nose, all the way to the screen.

6. funone0 macrumors member

7. nt5672 macrumors 68000

I don't suppose any of you remember when Apple products did not really need a lot of support, they just worked?

But now Apple hides or removes needed functionality in the name of massive white space and produces software which only barely works for mainstream use, but really does not work well for many corner cases.

And remember when smart people used Apple products, not any more. Now it is just dumb teenagers and they apparently need lots of hand holding.

8. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Wow. Noticed that they raised the price for Air 2 screen repair (replacement) from $299 to $379.
    Unless they forgot to update it to the new rates again.

9. adrianm2000 macrumors member

I'd like me some iPhone batter, too.

10. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

[​IMG]

Ah, the always noisy and crowded experience at a Genius Bar.

The  feeling.​

11. diipii macrumors 6502a

diipii

Apple will never understand why words like "reimagined" make my skin crawl and make me want to bite my own head off.

12. mfvisuals macrumors regular

mfvisuals

This assumption is based on what exactly?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    You and many others don't seem to realize that Apple is a huge company and the people responsible for maintaining their support website are more than likely not the same people managing their hardware lineup.

An update for one thing doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of focus on another aspect of the business.

13. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Somehow I now see the table as a shelf where the people on top are dropping the Apple devices to the people at the bottom. I can't unsee this.

14. ghanwani, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016

ghanwani macrumors 65816

Brand new site and it's already broken?

(Couldn't resist. :D)

15. samcraig macrumors P6

16. 1024724 macrumors member

I try to explain this every day during my daily screaming about Apple fits.

17. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

Does gravity work sideways?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    Exactly. The tiles on the left and on the right side don't seem to be equal as well.

18. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

The newest one I believe has marshmallows!! Yum!

19. MrDidel macrumors newbie

Am I the only one bugged by the poorly executed graphical editing?

Attached Files:

20. hagar macrumors 6502a

As long as they don't improve their search engine algorithms, it will always result in a poor user experiencing. Just like the search engines of Maps and the Stores suck big time as well.

Fuzzy search, coming to Apple in 2025... Just license Google's Technologies and get it over with.

21. Red Oak macrumors regular

At the top is one big search box. When I enter for example "iPhone cracked screen", I get 15K results across 1K pages. Many of the results have nothing to do with the specific query I entered. It is a horrendous user experience. It is like a bad execution of Google

And, it took me 16 clicks/steps to make an sample appointment at the Genius Bar

How is this in anyway good? How does something like this pass Apple's "exacting" standards?

22. Tech198 macrumors G5

With Apple respects the term "Think different" becomes clearly day by day why Apple does what it does, And this in one place where it's universal across everything, all their products, not just website.

They introduce a convenient way to search, but then limit it to what u can search *for*

I'd rather a search be useful, than not useful, but taking me to a search results page all the time.... You only do that IF you can't fine the match...

I typed in 'Macbook tech specs" and it couldn't find anything.... Yes, it found it in the first link in results but that's an extra step u must take... (may not be exact term, but Apple knows what its referring to)

Spotlight, search on iOS (probably the only useful thing i can say here) far out-beats any others.. and the Mac App Store. maybe only you purchases. Just wish search works exactly as it should do... But this is Apple were talking about here.

23. tigres macrumors 601

tigres

tried the new site. selected replace by mail, due to charging issues with the phone (it takes hours to charge up lately on all of my chargers).
    said I had to make an appointment for my 6s. so much for a seamless revamped support site.

24. Toltepeceno, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016

Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Jony Ives designed them to be the flattest pancakes ever made and white but some have a very yellow tint. They are only good with imaple syrup and ibutter, only 29.99 an ounce each at any apple store. Other brands of butter and syrup may cause them to explode or start smoking in your stomach.

Phil Says they are to be called ipancake thinnesteverintheworlddisks and to do otherwise will delete you permanently from icloud. Which to some may be seen as a good thing.

25. bwillwall macrumors 6502a

bwillwall

Sorry, but what are you talking about? It's a basic photo of an Apple help desk with a search bar.