Apple did it, Made a ugly laptop Thread.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jman888, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman888 macrumors regular

Who's With Me here? I was exited at the idea of this Aluminum & 9400 G Laptop until i saw the design...
    I thought apple made nice looking laptops but to me this is Just plain ugly with the black sided screen and keyboard. Its just plain ugly (Mostly) i tried to like it but yuck...

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

They already did it in January with MacBook Air. This new black/silver direction is hideous.

3. mark88 macrumors 6502a

I quite like it but to me it doesn't seem unique as Apple has always been...

Other brand names have been doing the glossy black thing for years.

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I like the design, but it doesn't seem like Apple's iConic Clean WHITE products and such...

5. Jman888 thread starter macrumors regular

You Think Apples Losing It?
    I Mean a MBP + This Baby would be perfect but this is honestly nasty looking

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Baloney. Nobody has actually seen one yet, and yet some already have a bad opinion. Reminder: we heard the exact same things about the current iMac line. So many people hated it before actually seeing one. How many people complain about the iMac now?

Give it a rest.

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I do. I bought one because it was good value at the time but every time I look at it I can't help feeling that they made a huge error with that giant black rim. The iMac was a huge step backwards in terms of looks and so are these new MacBooks.

8. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I really like the new designs. They are far more in line with most of the other Apple products now, such as the iMac, MBA, Mac Pro, even the aluminium iPods. As for the "white" thing. That seems to be over. Aluminium appears to be the direction Apple are going right now (besides the iphone 3G), and I think it looks good, and distinctive.

9. Jman888 thread starter macrumors regular

I loved the imac seeing pictures. and like it in real life, Something about the Macbook makes me think i'd be more embarresed to have that then a 2001 P3 Compaq (Or something else sure to be ugly)

10. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

gloss black is the new matte white.
    apple is keeping with fashion trends.

11. Jman888 thread starter macrumors regular

Weird Part is That i still want it. But would rather buy a MBP Refurb.

Think apple will at least change to aluminum keyboard?

12. Jpoon macrumors 6502

At least they don't look like those hideous HP's with the designs on the lids and what not.

13. tbae12 macrumors member

yea from what i see i don't like the black borders on the screen...maybe it'll eventually grow on me.
    i never had a first hand experience with the keyboards though.

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Then you are one of the few. I never cared for the design of all-white iMac, if it makes any difference. The point being, the gripe factor on these boards was overwhelming when the new iMac was announced -- all sight unseen of course. When it was actually available for viewing and purchasing, the vast majority of the pronouncements that it was "hideous" and "Apple has made a huge mistake" vanished. Hardly anyone still thought so after laying eyes on one.

The history suggests otherwise, that most of the people who piss and moan now won't feel the same way once they actually see the device.

15. MBrolling macrumors member

Have you seen the new Voodoo laptops??
    So sexy. If I was spending in the pro range I would opt for that for sure, it makes the macbook/pro look like stale bread in comparison.

[​IMG]

16. Jman888 thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, Right after seeing this i began looking at hp, the 13.3 is ugly but the rest seem decent

17. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Really? Not convinced by that at all. Each to there own i guess.

18. MBrolling macrumors member

Maybe I am just biased towards sleek black laptops. I think that the outgoing blackbook's were very nice, and it would be cool to have had an all black aluminum for the new ones; I guess its off to colorware now haha.

19. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Apple already made an ugly laptop. Go look at pictures of the iBook.

20. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

YUCK! Fingerprint magnet!

21. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Hey hey, don't be dissing the iBook. I like the design of the iBook far more than the old macbook and even the new macbook. Those chiclet keys are lame-o.

22. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I personally hate how it's multi-colored. It looks childish and unprofessional.

23. wingingflipper macrumors newbie

I agree, the two-tone look is ugly. The black keyboard just kills the whole look.

A perfect macbook would be the one they just announced but all metal. AND MATTE DISPLAY (like the old MBP, but with new form factor)

A perfect MBP would be the above, but with better specs and larger obviously.

A perfect IMac would be exactly like the old cinema displays.

A perfect cinema display would be exactly the same as they were, maybe a little thinner.

Apple NEEDS to scratch the whole two-tone thing and go all metal

24. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

I kinda like the new laptops :eek:

They look similar. Which i like. I think the names finally fit.

Macbook

Macbook pro.

The pro is a little bigger, little faster, close to a desktop as far as use of it's power.

The macbook is a little smaller, littler slower, more portable.

25. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I can't believe they uglified both the MB and the MBP. If I were in the market for either--particularly the MBP--I'd get a refurbished model. The two tone thing just doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.