Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Apple Watch Series 6, introduced by Apple in September of last year, has been discontinued following the launch of the new Apple Watch Series 7.

apple-watch-6s-202009.jpeg

Following pre-orders of the Apple Watch Series 7 opening up earlier today, Apple has removed the Series 6 from its website, no longer offering it to purchase for customers. The Apple Watch Series 7 replaces the Series 6 and now leaves the Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 3, and Series 7 in the lineup.

Apple announced the Series 7 earlier last month but declined to offer availability dates until earlier this week. Between the Series 7's announcement and pre-orders, Apple kept the Apple Watch Series 6 available for purchase on its website, but many models were unavailable and out of stock.

The Series 7 is Apple's most high-end Apple Watch model, featuring advanced health features and display technology. The Series 7 starts at $399, with the most expensive configuration having a $1499 price tag.

The Apple Watch SE is the mid-level Apple Watch model; starting at $279, the SE offers customers basic Apple Watch features without advanced functionality, such as a blood oxygen sensor. The Apple Watch Series 3, introduced five years ago, remarkably remains in the Apple Watch lineup and starts at just $199.

Article Link: Apple Discontinues Apple Watch Series 6 as Series 7 Pre-Orders Begin

Last edited:

Apple TarHeel

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
What a marketing scam by the boys in Cupertino … come up with two new watch faces, slap them on last years watch .. stretch the screen 1mm and sell the hell out of it … discontinuing last years watch which is also this years watch .. you can’t make this **** up!

Last edited by a moderator:

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
My Series 3 is still going strong. Great watch if you just want a basic activity tracker and don't need cellular or any of the added features they've tacked on. Especially now that they fixed the update issue. It had been a giant PITA having to restore the watch every time an update came out.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
What a marketing scam by the boys in Cupertino … come up with two new watch faces, slap them on last years watch .. stretch the screen 1mm and sell the hell out of it … discontinuing last years watch which is also this years watch .. you can’t make this **** up!
I hope that the person holding the gun to your head and forcing you to buy it gets apprehended soon

Last edited by a moderator:

sw1tcher

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
I haven't been paying attention since the Watch doesn't interest me, but holy carp, the series 3 is still being sold? No shame, Apple. No shame. ?

Sucks for those shoppers who don't know that it's 5 years old and Apple will probably drop support for it next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.