Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
Wow. People need to keep the complaints coming. Apple actually seems genuinely concerned about the reaction to their latest MBPs (as they should be).

Hopefully they are getting the message loud and clear that they did not release the most amazing magical laptop ever this year and they need to actually take their customers into consideration. All I want is a slight price drop (or ram and storage bump) next year and I will be happy!

Johnny907

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2014
Lol nope, too little too late Tim. Your new MacBooks are still 200-400 bucks too much, but this was a cute try. You've got another week to drop prices to match reality, or the Touchbar-less model I've been demoing is going back and I'll grab a maxed out 2015 13" model off eBay for the same price.

xmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2016
CA
Oh wowwwweee. Thank you Apple. wooowww. I can buy a cable - a piece of metal that I can buy for 000000.2 bucks - and now you will let me buy it from you for....?

ffs people ? are you apple apologists crazy?

Apple is ffing everybody - up the ****** or up the whateverhole - it doesn't matter - the point is, this company is now taking its customers for chimps and chumps.

Come on people - enough - enufffffffff. STOP THIS SHxT APPLE

I LOOOOOVED U - I must have spent 100,000 GBP with you- stop being an idiot - this thinnner thing - wtf????
Hey, here's an idea, don't buy the Apple versions? USB-C is an open standard. Plenty of cheaper options if you'd prefer.

Johnny907

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2014
Yup, that's why they dropped the prices of the actual laptops too.
Yeah, and why my local Best Buy already has three open box units for sale a week after launch. That's some pretty GD fast buyers remorse when you figure they had between 14-45 days to return it depending on their customer rewards level.

Damodici

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
It's still extremely tight of them though isn't it.

Considering the price of the laptops and the miniscule costs the dongles cost them to produce, 20-40% off an Apple Dongle that's already over priced is a fairly empty gesture.

Admittedly they haven't had to offer anything, but equally I think they're deluded if they think this is a fix for what has been a considered a bit of a flop release. (When compared with what it could have been)

Reactions: TheBuffather

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Great move, Apple. Now, let's do it also for RAM and SSD (not charging 2 to 3 times more than the very same make/model from manufacturer or retailers like Amazon).
Sorry, show me the link to a PCie 3 3.1GB/s SSD on Amazon for 2 to 3 times less? I can't seem to find that item. Show me which PC can be bought with an equivalent SSD card for less (having a heck of a time trying to configure systems on the Dell site).

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
1.jpg

But yeah, the MacBook Pro prices are laughable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.