Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

124507-apple-event-9th_400.jpg

Engadget confirms that there is an Apple media event for September 9th as rumored.

Apple is expected to release new iPod nanos and a new iPod Touch. While Macbook and MacBook Pro updates are also in the pipeline, we have heard suggestions that those will not see updates until at least October.

Article Link

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Bring it on! This would indicate an iPod / iTunes related event for the Tuesday the 9th and thus opens the door to a Mac event at a later date.

The Back-to-School promotion ends on Monday September 15, 2008 and as many on these forums know, Apple has a tendency to release Mac updates on Tuesdays (it's not absolute but heavily favored over other days).

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Just saw this. Very excited. Too bad I'll probably be away from Interwebs all next week. Hopefully things are available online on the date mentioned!

Tyten

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
You'd have to wait for a later event probably. Rumours were there'd be another event a week after, so you'd have to wait until next week to find out.

O? another event in just a week after the previous? where did you hear that?

scouf

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
October????!!

I can't believe it! That's what one of the Apple Store employees said about the release of the new macbook, back in July!

aljawad

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Now let the various interpretations / speculations begin: what does Apple actually refer to with the "Let's Rock" in the invitation? Aren't we rocking already with the current iTunes store and various iPods?? What about the longish looking iPod the figure in the picture is holding? Why 5 stars? And what exactly is the significance of the progress bar? Is that picture displayed on an iMac - or is it a new cinema display?? Etc... :D

Personally, I CAN'T WAIT!!! :p

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Woohoo!!! Are iPods normally released simulataneously worldwide, or will we in Ireland have to wait a little longer?

johata3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Damn. Only iPods? Nice to hear that we're having new models but no MBP? I kind of want to hear some news about it before heading off to school. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.