Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
I'm beginning to think the rumors of two events, one in the 9th for iPods and iTunes, and another event the 16th for new Macbook, Macbook Pros, and MAc Mini updates.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
While Macbook and MacBook Pro updates are also in the pipeline, we have heard suggestions that those will not see updates until at least October.
I think it is farily obvious that this is the case. The banner suggests an iPod-related event.

They're hardly going to spend a lot of time showing minor case revisions to the Touch and nano, then "by the way here's a radically redesigned new MacBook and MacBook Pro that's 5 times faster" :D

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Looks to me like an iPod - only event, sadly. Still, should be interesting as always!

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
new features in iTunes would be good.. maybe see the iTMS subscription thing happen?

new ipods - hope them nano pics floating around the net are fake!!

somehow i'm not as excited as i normally am at the announcement of an apple event :rolleyes:

Moening

macrumors newbie
Rounded Corners

If this is the actual invitation, I wonder about the rounded corners. Neither my Nano 3g nor my iphone have rounded corners in their ipods.

Hope a "round" new ipod nano doesnt have round screen corners as major new feature.

Am not sure what to make of "Let's Rock", but if you connect rock with independence and freedom this leads me to some form of iTunes Unlimited.

Are there any indications for an expansion of the iTunes movie rentals to be more international. At the moment germany and other european countrys are not really covered. Not to speak of the rest of the world.

Anyways looking forward to the event

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
any significance to the amount of blue in the play bar?

ultimate.jpg

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I would have expected this to take place at apples campus, not SF.

New touches may also mean the 2.1 firmware is close.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
what do you recon will happen to the ipod touch, what will they change?

can't seem them changing the touch too much... as it's closely linked to the iPhone ...

might be a few aesthetic changes.. might be the curvier back like the iPhone 3G perhaps?

but who knows? only 7 days to go ;)

lhotka

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
I suspect this is iTunes 8.0 (which must be driving the need for an event) coupled with relatively minor updates to the Touch and Nano.

The new Intel quad-core mobile chips are set for production release in October. If so, I just hope the battery life isn't awful. While I'm tempted to gripe, if they took longer on the redesign and release a higher quality 1.0 product, it'll be worth it. If it's delayed just because they wanted to release a toy first, well, it would just continue the trend away from the Mac as a core product.

The real key will be if 10.5.5 shows new MB and MBP identifiers. Then we'll at least know we're close.

Death by a thousand Tuesdays :)

olternaut

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007
Damn. Only iPods? Nice to hear that we're having new models but no MBP? I kind of want to hear some news about it before heading off to school. :(

Geezus people will you PLEASE read the entire friggin post before blabbering bout stuff huh?
It says there is a possibility of a seperate October event most likely for macbooks. It was a general assumption that they would go against their norm and have a combined ipod and macbook event. It looks like they are not going to do that and will indeed have seperate events.

Trip.Tucker

Mar 13, 2008
If this is the actual invitation, I wonder about the rounded corners. Neither my Nano 3g nor my iphone have rounded corners in their ipods.

Hope a "round" new ipod nano doesnt have round screen corners as major new feature.

Am not sure what to make of "Let's Rock", but if you connect rock with independence and freedom this leads me to some form of iTunes Unlimited.

Are there any indications for an expansion of the iTunes movie rentals to be more international. At the moment germany and other european countrys are not really covered. Not to speak of the rest of the world.

Anyways looking forward to the event

All those leftover puck-mouse cases... oh yeah, round iPod baby! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.