Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Well theres another day gone and another week pretty much gone, I really do think it would be a wednesday. :mad: Hmmm I'm starting to get sick of all this wait. Probably to much hype makes more disappointment at the announcement. Apple should release soon if they don't want to over hype which could easily then lead to a failure on there hands. :(

If you're so sick of waiting then stop waiting then... give up...

rollerross45

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Surrey, UK
How can you not wait? Waiting definition is The action of staying where one is or delaying action until a particular time or until something else happens. This is something happening therefore I am waiting. :D

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
What leads you to that conclusion? What's next?

"There won't be an iPhone 5 at all"
"The sun won't come up tomorrow"
"The sky is falling!!!"

mattburles

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
i dont see how the gm version can be out on the 23rd when we havent even had a keynote yet and from the looks of it there wont be a keynote anytime before the 23rd because there have been no invities for the keynote.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Not sure why the GM needs to be out before the keynote...

Edit: Isn't it usually released the same day as the keynote?

Last edited:

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Edit: Isn't it usually released the same day as the keynote?

You are correct! Rumors are pointing to the GM being available next Friday :)

Epic fail!

Sorry, imageshack removed the pic due to bandwidth probably, uploaded a newer version on a different site:

14597904040a7fa2f17fad0aade057e6a59311f0.png

Last edited:

Aquaporin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
USA
If we do not hear anything soon, I'd be willing to guess that the next iPhone won't be released until February to give the cdma iphone a full year of life.

mattburles

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
You are correct! Rumors are pointing to the GM being available next Friday :)

Sorry, imageshack removed the pic due to bandwidth probably, uploaded a newer version on a different site:

shouldn't the keynote be next Friday than? i don't see how that's gonna happen with NO invites this week.

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
shouldn't the keynote be next Friday than? i don't see how that's gonna happen with NO invites this week.

What do you mean? If the event is next Friday then the invites will go out this Friday, which is still two days away. :)

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Apple Special Events invitation dates:
March 2009: 12:06 PM on a Thursday
September 2009: 12:03 PM on a Monday
January 2010: 12:06 PM on a Monday
April 2010: 12:05 PM on a Monday
September 2010: 1:53 PM on a Wednesday
October 2010: 11:06 AM on a Wednesday
March 2011: 11:10 AM on a Wednesday

That's the Engadget timeline for posting received invitations. I think it's pretty likely that we will get any information about the next special event around 12PM eastern time or maybe an hour earlier.

Maybe a Thursday event invite this year to match 2009?

nicky89

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
Germany
i have a feeling we will see no invites though this week and than how is gm gonna happen next friday?

Hmm, boy you´re really confusing me, isn´t that what you´ve just posted in another thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangJoe
I'm guessing Friday for the invite. Why? If you look at the latest IOS 5 rumor from BGR they say IOS 5 beta 8 will be available on Friday and the GM on the 23rd. Don't they usually have the GM available on the day of the event? Not sure because I'm not a developer but that's my guess.

And now your answer:

pretty much what im thinking. maybe they are doing something different this year? have the beta 8 this friday, and the gm the following friday and than have the event the following wednesday with iOS 5 being released at the event?

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I need to know so I can ask a few hours off that morning (I come in at 7am). I'm not going to miss the (freezing) fun of waiting in line. :)

Dug

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
I need to know so I can ask a few hours off that morning (I come in at 7am). I'm not going to miss the (freezing) fun of waiting in line. :)
Have them ship it to you! Less freezing and more uh....anticipation? :p

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I'm so upset the invites didn't go out today that I am going to drink an entire bottle of wine.

Ok, maybe I would've had the wine anyway. :p

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
If we do not hear anything soon, I'd be willing to guess that the next iPhone won't be released until February to give the cdma iphone a full year of life.

I doubt it, the sales of the CDMA iPhone make up such a miniscule amount of iPhone sales when you compare it to the amount of GSM iPhones which have been sold overseas. Most of Apple's iPhone business is overseas so therefore they will want to cater to their bigger market, which is overseas as I said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.