Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tel

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2005
England
I'm dreaming of this being true and having the option to connect an external USB2 hard drive.

Fingers crossed :eek:

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Fake. Apple wouldn't feature an easily-spotted old product in a teaser image--not in such a boring (and slightly crooked) way.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Totally fake.

It looks like crap, and Steve doesn't do 'looks like crap.'

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
SLCentral said:
I too thought it was fake, but look at these:

http://img.timeinc.net/b2/images/mag/jul2005/gea_airportexpress_250x260.jpg

http://blog.yam.com/roodo_louis/b67c35f9.jpg

http://images.forbes.com/images/forbes/2004/1115/aexpress_328_324.jpg

hmm...

Edit: are these just pics of the regular airport express? I've never seen an airport express in person before...

the last one looked like it had a fourth wire coming out of it, but those are regular airport expresses.

its a fake. but i want to see a MacBook Travel. a 13" laptop that is 3 pounds, has a LV core duo, and 7 hours of battery with dual battery slots to 14 hours (in case you can't add).

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
yankeefan24 said:
the last one looked like it had a fourth wire coming out of it, but those are regular airport expresses.

its a fake. but i want to see a MacBook Travel. a 13" laptop that is 3 pounds, has a LV core duo, and 7 hours of battery with dual battery slots to 14 hours (in case you can't add).
I don't see Apple doing dual battery slots. It would take away from the clean look they always try to get and of course add money to a low end laptop. If you could find a way to get by both of those then maybe but I don't see it happening.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
Josh396 said:
I don't see Apple doing dual battery slots. It would take away from the clean look they always try to get and of course add money to a low end laptop. If you could find a way to get by both of those then maybe but I don't see it happening.

didn't they have dual batteries in the pismo??? I'm not saying if you only have one battery, then there's a big hole unless you put in a second one.

btw, when did i say this would be a low end laptop. i only said it would be small and powerful

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It doesn't take a forensic scientist to see the "invite" as a fake. For one, Apple invites always have some sort of cutesy cryptic hint, and never something as blatant as a product pic.

But even more obvious is something that common sense should tell people: Apple isn't going to introduce new wireless hardware just as it's getting the MacBook Pros out the door. Airport Express Video is going to require 802.11n, of which the final spec won't be out later this year anyway. But to introduce a "pre-N" product now would kill sales of the MacBook Pro and probably the Intel iMac too as they don't support "pre-N," or "N"...at least not natively. Maybe next Rev.

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Afraid this thread is veering off topic, but the Pismo can hold two batteries.

As far as the postcard goes, the "design" alone leaves a lot to be desired and I shudder to think Apple would release such a mediocre announcement. The supposed event itself, doubtful. Yeah, this a total fake(*).

*unless we have ourselves a an early stage, and thrown-togther, comp of the final postcard. eh eh eh?

eh, probably not.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
yankeefan24 said:
didn't they have dual batteries in the pismo??? I'm not saying if you only have one battery, then there's a big hole unless you put in a second one.

btw, when did i say this would be a low end laptop. i only said it would be small and powerful
Yeah, everybody seems to be assuming there will be a 13" MacBook and no small MacBook Pro. When they read 13", they assumed MacBook and assumed low cost.

I would have to say I find the idea of a 13" ultra portable with core duo, 7 hour battery life unlikely. Possible, but unlikely for this event at least.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The other obvious pointer to this being a fake is the rest of the Flickr member's gallery. Note the purple image also uploaded today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.