Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Definitely cannot imagine an accelerometer. If the mockups are correct, the screen will be similar in width to the 1st/2nd gen Nanos...

not sure what mockups you are seeing, but the one i tend to believe shows a screen of similar width to the current Nano, but much taller so you can tilt it to the side and watch movies in widescreen ratios. it will be the biggest screen on an iPod to date, minus the Touch and iPhone of course.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Here is the memo: We're putting new cover sheets on all of our TPS reports now before they go out!

There is a feature here called "Search" or for ****s sake you could have scrolled down and seen one of the other "47" threads on this very same topic. *sigh*

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Another 32GB thread...

Why didn't I get the memo on this being the topic of the day? :confused:

You mean you didn't get one of these? I thought everyone did. :eek:

MEMO

Date: 8/28/2008
To: MacRumors Members
Subject: Topic of the Day

The topic for today will be Apple's announcement that they will be releasing iPhones with ginormous storage capacity at the upcoming September 9th event. Apple has realized that everyone is awaiting the iPhone 4G with 10PiB of storage capacity, instantaneous web viewing, teleportation and laser gun features.

Feel free to join in the fun as we all can't wait to see 50 different threads discussing this fun subject.

Punch and pie will be served!

shergill

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
There is a feature here called "Search" or for ****s sake you could have scrolled down and seen one of the other "47" threads on this very same topic. *sigh*

There is a feature in your mouse that allows you to NOT click on threads that you are not interested in. You might want to try that.

As far as 32gig; my intent was to just ask others what they thought about iphone updates at the Sept 9th event.. If you don't have anything to add to that; then just move along.

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
There is a feature in your mouse that allows you to NOT click on threads that you are not interested in. You might want to try that.

As far as 32gig; my intent was to just ask others what they thought about iphone updates at the Sept 9th event.. If you don't have anything to add to that; then just move along.

The topic title gives no hint that this is another 32GB iPhone thread. I was interested in the Apple Event on Sept 9 and how it relates to the iPhone, so I clicked.

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008

Actually you asked if people thought that Apple was going to bump the capacity. Seems to me that could have been asked in one of about a dozen other threads on the same subject.

Not trying to attack you shergill but the the question has been asked and asked and asked in various forms and if you decide that it needs a new thread with a slightly different flavor, be prepared for people to respond as they have.

ETA: Also, you should be aware the comments aren't directed at you so much as they are at the subject of the tread and the fact that the same question has been asked today at the same time you posted yours. It does seem to be the topic of the day.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
You mean you didn't get one of these? I thought everyone did. :eek:

MEMO

Date: 8/28/2008
To: MacRumors Members
Subject: Topic of the Day

The topic for today will be Apple's announcement that they will be releasing iPhones with ginormous storage capacity at the upcoming September 9th event. Apple has realized that everyone is awaiting the iPhone 4G with 10PiB of storage capacity, instantaneous web viewing, teleportation and laser gun features.

Feel free to join in the fun as we all can't wait to see 50 different threads discussing this fun subject.

Punch and pie will be served!

I'm all over that... I mean who doesn't like pie. :D

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I was thinking about buying an iPhone this weekend; but I noticed that there is an Apple Event on Sept 9th. Anyone think they might update the iphone capacity at this event? probably bump the 8gig up to 16 or something?

Thanks

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/553214/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/553131/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/553084/

and finally

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/553391/

all on the first page.

Where is my super secret info on the 09/09/08 Apple Event?

shergill

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Perhaps the general rule is not to buy ANY apple products before an Apple Event!

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Perhaps the general rule is not to buy ANY apple products before an Apple Event!

Hmmm, and what would be the appropriate window for not purchasing prior to an Apple event? 10 days, 30 days, two months, six months?

I mean, you do realize that Apple has an event about every quarter right?

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
No way to do that now, but soon enough we should see 32GB module densities.

32GB NAND chips have already been announce, they are just really expensive in comparison to 8GB and 16GB variants. The price will come down but probably not for at least a 6 months to a year.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island

if you live your life by that creed, you'll never buy anything! there's always an Apple event around the corner.

i know i can fall victim to it also, but it really serves no purpose to be always waiting for the next big release. there's always going to be something coming from around the corner. you really are better off buying what you want when you want it.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
No way to do that now, but soon enough we should see 32GB module densities.
look down
32GB NAND chips have already been announce, they are just really expensive in comparison to 8GB and 16GB variants. The price will come down but probably not for at least a 6 months to a year.
tHAT MEANS 64GB iPod Touches!!!( like anyone cares)
if you live your life by that creed, you'll never buy anything! there's always an Apple event around the corner.

i know i can fall victim to it also, but it really serves no purpose to be always waiting for the next big release. there's always going to be something coming from around the corner. you really are better off buying what you want when you want it.

yeah um u can just by like the day of the event to be safe

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
tHAT MEANS 64GB iPod Touches!!!( like anyone cares

Possibly. I can't remember where I saw the announcement but if I recall the price was still pretty high (well more than the cost of 2 16GB NAND chips). It is possible given how Apple buys these things in huge quantities but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if 64GB iPod touches weren't announced until around or at the same time as a 32GB iPhone, which I believe well be at earliest next year.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
Possibly. I can't remember where I saw the announcement but if I recall the price was still pretty high (well more than the cost of 2 16GB NAND chips). It is possible given how Apple buys these things in huge quantities but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if 64GB iPod touches weren't announced until around or at the same time as a 32GB iPhone, which I believe well be at earliest next year.

Macworld or just after like when they came out with the 16GB iPhone

But y would u buy a touch if the iPhone is cheaper and comes with a phone

StoneColdSober

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Macworld or just after like when they came out with the 16GB iPhone

But y would u buy a touch if the iPhone is cheaper and comes with a phone

Exactly, which leads to the more likely announcement for the iPod Touch, a price reduction. They might include some hardware changes to make it more like the new iPhone 3G in form but I doubt it. Probably just software updates (2.1) and maybe iTunes 8, both of which have been rumored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.