Apple Expected to Report Second-Best June Quarter Ever Today as Investors Look Ahead to iPhone 8

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 1, 2017.

1. villicodelirant Suspended

villicodelirant

Are you positive? That would include wasabi and wart removal products.

2. Pootie Tang macrumors member

You don't understand "one hit wonders." Every iteration of the I-Phone is like a band releasing a new album with a couple of hit singles per album. Yes, there came a day when even the Beattles broke up and the Stones will eventually retire, but not today. Everyone is lookng forward to the "I-phone 8 album." My Apple stock is up by 2,000% since purchase. A corporation can do one thing and do it well and end up in the top five richest companies on the planet. Just ask amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Apple.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you consider inflation Mac laptops today are priced pretty much, if not less, than where they've alway been priced. I've been buying Mac laptops since the early 90s. More than few were "low end" models in the mid $2Ks (1990s dollars). They have never been inexpensive, even long before the iPhone was even a thought.

As for storage and RAM, again, Apple has always been stingy. The difference is that once upon a time you could upgrade those yourself. But 16GB is enough for most. If not then CTO. I've learned to be frugal storing stuff on my MBP but I'll pick my 256GB SSD any day over any size HDD.

4. villicodelirant Suspended

villicodelirant

Well, Microsoft never really put all their eggs in one basket, as much as they always had one or two seemingly inexhaustible baskets at all times.

5. mdelvecchio macrumors 68040

mdelvecchio

6. Duel macrumors member

You have to put things into perspective, everything what Apple does print money all the time, those are just outshined by iPhone massive success. With Apple everything is connnected each other, thats always been goal for Apple, everything bring money for them. For example look their services area closely today, its been growing big numbers lately, its shows how well Apple ecosystem is working.

7. mdelvecchio macrumors 68040

mdelvecchio

Why wouldn't he? Having a pipeline of stuff to work on and release is part of the business.

8. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

That's not a source.