Apple Experiencing Issues With iCloud Services and Retail Store Systems [Resolved]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 4, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today is experiencing problems with a host of iCloud-related services, as outlined on the company's system status page. Affected services include all of the basic iCloud services, as well as services like Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, Game Center, Photos, and Screen Time.

[​IMG]

The company says only that "some" users are affected, but social media reports suggest the outage is fairly widespread.

Apple is also having problems with its retail store systems, with a number of users reporting that employees are unable to complete customer purchases or support requests.

Update: Apple Cash, Apple Pay card management, and Mail Drop are now also affected.

Update 2: According to Apple's system status page, all issues have been resolved.

Article Link: Apple Experiencing Issues With iCloud Services and Retail Store Systems [Resolved]

2. jgdeschamps macrumors regular

It's Jony's fault. He took the "i" in iCloud with him on his way out and no one noticed.

3. benemac macrumors newbie

benemac

I was having sign in problems this morning. Even changed my password which didn't work. So patience is needed.

4. Kaibelf macrumors 68020

Kaibelf

"The company says only that 'some' users are affected, but social media reports suggest the outage is fairly widespread."

To be fair, that's about the worst metric one can possibly use. Social media always makes things look like a huge issue, because it's easy to find a couple hundred people who complain about something on Twitter and then do a write up and proclaim it a movement.

5. nwcs macrumors 68000

nwcs

It’s been a bad week for the internet. Lots of “glitches” for the bigger entities from Facebook to Google to Apple.

6. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

No issues for me.
    Everything still working perfectly.

7. ghanwani, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019

ghanwani macrumors 65816

If only Apple had access to AI/machine learning, it would have predicted these problems and fixed them before it happened. Because AI/machine learning is that good.

(Edit: Just for the record, this was meant as a joke.)

8. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Are you actually serious? Do you know how down times issues can't be preticted and effect every online service at an undeterminated time?

9. coolfactor macrumors 601

I wondering if these issues are, at least partially, the result of attacks?

I'm disappointed to hear that Apple's retail operations are affected. Clearly they have not separated things from iCloud enough and one-point-of-failure is affecting lots of services and operations.

10. az431 macrumors 65816

az431

That’s a relief. I was worried.

11. now i see it macrumors 68040

12. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

Greetings from France! No kidding, that explains why my iCloud calendars won’t synch across the devices.

13. Baymowe335 macrumors 601

Kind of like Mac Keyboards and iPhone signal issues?

14. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

Important that we understand it truly isn't affecting everyone before people blow this out of proportion, which we know they will.

15. JetTester macrumors 6502

There was a solar eclipse in the South Pacific on Tuesday. The iSun and iMoon messed up the iCloud.

16. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

17. johnyslats macrumors 6502a

johnyslats

Yup, seeing this on my Mac. Just installed Catalina and thought it was actually part of the beta experience

18. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

I must have broke it, was trying to order a new Mac Pro maxed out :p

19. ghanwani macrumors 65816

It was a joke.

20. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

The world is bigger than the states...;)

21. flexiboy1912 macrumors member

flexiboy1912

22. sully54 macrumors regular

sully54

I would say it’s not so much an issue of one point of failure rather than a general precaution. If apple was indeed attacked, it’s possible that apple decided it was prudent to disable its many services to protect the data in its internal systems as it tries to isolate the point of attack. Retail systems would most likely contain highly valuable customer payment information that apple would want to protect first and foremost.

23. Jody Hewell macrumors newbie

Jody Hewell

And they say Tim Cook is an operations expert...

24. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

Do they have a solar data center out there?

25. Konigi macrumors member

Konigi

Yesterday, it was Facebook & Instagram. Now it's Apple. Internet's grounds are shaking, probably due to a massive pirate/terrorist attack.

The world is changing. Learn how to grow seeds, do your own fire, hide, make a shelter. YouTube won't be there when you'll need it. Don't trust anyone.