Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
57,006
19,885
99Mac.com posts photos from the set-up of Apple Expo 2003.

At the Apple Booth, there appear to be iMacs, eMacs and PowerMacs setup, under a sign promoting iChat AV and the iSight. According to the site, closer examination was not possible due to nine guards protecting the booth as well as "secret boxes".

Another user also posted other photos of the Apple Expo setup.
 

rpedde

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2003
2
0
Time Zone

I'm time-zone challenged. The keynote will be in something like 15 hours, right? I guess what I'm asking is that for those of us in the US, the Apple store should be updated tomorrow morning, right?
 

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
306
0
Norway
Why do they set up iBooks with a 2 button scrollwhele mouse? Have Apple finaly understood that a one button mouse is stupid? Or is someone else in charge of setting up the machines?
 

morlium

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
162
0
Originally posted by F/reW/re
Why do they set up iBooks with a 2 button scrollwhele mouse? Have Apple finaly understood that a one button mouse is stupid? Or is someone else in charge of setting up the machines?

that is weird ....
 

wood_e

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2003
19
11
If I was there I bet the guards would open fire on me... I'd take one of the locked boxes :D
 

Jays

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2002
83
0
Earth
In one of the photos there is a banner with an icon i have not seen before! looks to me like a kind of office suit...
 

Attachments

  • untitled 2.jpg
    untitled 2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 7,583

xtekdiver

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2003
132
0
Shivers up my spine!

I am getting the tingly feeling looking at those boxes. How could that just be a piddly little .2 upgrade?? It has to be a G5. 13 hours to go...
 

macMaestro

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
103
0
Originally posted by wood_e
If I was there I bet the guards would open fire on me... I'd take one of the locked boxes :D
Ah... such a sweet way to die. The new 15" firmly in your grip as the apple guards fill your body with bullets.
 

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
1,709
5
Re: Apple Expo 2003 Pictures

Originally posted by Macrumors
99Mac.com posts photos from the set-up of Apple Expo 2003.

At the Apple Booth, there appear to be iMacs, eMacs and PowerMacs setup, under a sign promoting iChat AV and the iSight. According to the site, closer examination was not possible due to nine guards protecting the booth as well as "secret boxes".

well at least we know what's NOT going to be updated.

that leaves PowerBooks, iPods, & Xserves...
 

xtekdiver

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2003
132
0
New mouse and keyboard

Originally posted by F/reW/re
Why do they set up iBooks with a 2 button scrollwhele mouse? Have Apple finaly understood that a one button mouse is stupid? Or is someone else in charge of setting up the machines?

Look at those pathetic and generic looking mice! My money is that they are going to be replaced with the new wireless mouse and keyboard.
 

Master Fwiffo

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2003
22
0
At last! Will this be the long anticipated Powerbook release? Or will Bill Gates get the last laugh as 40000000 angry Mac Fans descend on France when Steve Jobs fails to anounce them?

Tune in tonight for Armegeddon: Apple.

*FIRST POST*
 

wood_e

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2003
19
11
Originally posted by macMaestro
Ah... such a sweet way to die. The new 15" firmly in your grip as the apple guards fill your body with bullets.

My last words:

"You may kill me, but you'll never kill the apple rumor community!"

10 minutes later the expo starts....
 

Tom Golden

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2003
16
0
"Man I'm so excited to see what's released. It's like I'm 5 again and it's Christmas eve."

*PUTS OUT MILK AND COOKIES*
 

Black Badger

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2003
35
0
From having a look at the pics I have deduced Miss Marple style that the following will be announced tomorrow at Paris;

Predictions:

iChat AV shipping
iSync & iCal updated
OS X Panther ship date given (why the Panther X logo everywhere and "Evolution of the species" banner , no Jaguar textured X's anywhere, so ship date must be fairly soon)
New Powerbooks, suspicious by their absence.


As for the secret boxed they are from a exhibition and design company called Superior, who list Apple as one of their clients, they probaby contain stands, lights and all that other stuff.

The only thing that puzzles me is why there is not a QT stream, normally if there if a (major) hardware announcement there is a stream?
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.