Apple Faces Renewed Pressure to Enable FM Radio Chip in iPhones Amid Strong Hurricane Season [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 28, 2017.

1. spiddyman007 macrumors member

spiddyman007

if you have fm radio on your phone, most people wouldn't use spottily. because the music steams better and it uses no data on fm. so it would be bad for business for spotify. and you only get 5 skips on spotify but you can have unlimited skips on radio by just tuning it until you find what you like

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

They are fairly different things. One is radio that plays random songs with commercials and all kinds of other talk/shows, and the other one is a music service that you can select particular songs and/or bands and/or genres to play without commercials and anything else of that sort (and probably at better quality as well). It's kind of like saying being able to watch TV would prevent Netflix or something like that (when it's Netflix that's getting people to turn away from regular TV).

3. spiddyman007 macrumors member

spiddyman007

well i don't have netflix and you can easily watch any movie online at 1080p quality for free if you do some searching. i love regular cable tv because you are not limited to license bs like in netflix (reason why star wars movies are being taken off netflix) but cable tv has better competition, in networks and cable providers so eventually prices and services will just get increasingly better unlike in netflix.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

The point is that availability of FM radio wouldn't affect Spotify that much, let alone kill it off somehow (similar to availability of TV not having that much of an effect on Netflix, let alone killing it off).

5. spiddyman007 macrumors member

spiddyman007

I agree. It's good to have competition too. I like Spotify because I made my 5000 song playlist on it and I can use it anywhere. But I learned all my music knowledge and my tastes as a kid on the radio. Still always prefer radio to Spotify anytime I have access to it. But I'm just saying radio is best form of communication and music distribution. Heck, I heard the live premiere of Green Day's newest album on the radio (104.5 Philadelphia station) we need it on iPhones. I'm considering getting the nano if we don't get radio soon in these things.
    And 93% of all Americans listen to radio at least once a week. (That's more than the Internet) and its FREE

6. Cesar Battistini macrumors member

Cesar Battistini

Yeah right, because i just listen to radio music SMH