Apple Fired It's Visual Designers

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by bensisko, Jun 13, 2016.

1. bensisko macrumors 65816

...because that can be the only explanation for the horrible re-design of Apple Music and Apple News in iOS 10.

2. oldmacs macrumors 68040

It looks like they got half way through designing something then stopped... and kept half the old design..

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Looks better than before. At least genre, playlists, albums and artists is right there and not buried.

4. Ganoninc macrumors newbie

The mix between the old iOS7 design and the new Apple Music is so weird.

5. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Its sad that Spotify has a better design than the new Apple Music. They trying to hard to be cool and trendy with the design, same with Messages, they have been talking about emojis for ten minutes now.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Honestly I thought Spotify was a cluster**** when I tried it out. I don't see how it's any better.

7. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

When did you try it out? They released a great update recently, that I think is pretty good.

8. Ganoninc macrumors newbie

9. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

And the mess that now overlays imsgs... tacky,

10. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

If my friends use these emojis like Apple wants them too, I will unfriend them immediately.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The last I used it was 2 weeks ago. A lot of the time I was clicking around trying to figure out how to do something. following an artist? don't follow? make a playlist? get the album and make it offline? It's confusing to be honest.

On top of that on iOS if you make a playlist available offline and then decide you don't want to keep it on your phone anymore it doesn't release the disk space. you have to uninstall/reinstall the app.

12. bensisko thread starter macrumors 65816

Holy cow! What was that even about? Was this a feature someone was actually asking for???
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2016 ---
    I didn't get too close of a look at the Home app - will have to get a closer look, but if it's anything like News and Music...

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple doesn't add features based on what customers are asking for. They make decisions based on the market and trends. As I explained to someone else

- Many people around the world spend more time in messages than they do elsewhere
    - In countries like China people can send each other money or pay a bill using their messages apps.
    - Emoji keyboards are blowing up on the Appstore. Even Google's iOS keyboard (gboard) shows you Google search terms in the keyboard itself.

14. Ganoninc macrumors newbie

apple-wwdc-20160613-2402.0.JPG

apple-wwdc-20160613-2434.0.JPG

15. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

New music app looks like certain aspects of the Beats app were taken from it. I will reserve judgement....is the beta up yet? Cant log into the portal from work....

16. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Are there screenshots online? I can't find any.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

18. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

19. bushido Suspended

bushido

those rounded shadowish "buttons" in the Control Center and the new notification pop ups on the lock screen look very hideous and something my Android phone would have

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

As much as I hate this it's true. I can see myself using some of the emotion stuff with my wife, but friends? Probably never.

21. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

You cant even control ALL lights at once in the Home app - I have 15 Philip Light bulbs in my Lounge - and they expect me to change each one individually...? No thanks, will stick to the great apps from the app store.

Unless I am missing something...?

22. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

I actually like the bold fonts in Apple Music....

23. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

They have options in settings for bold text etc - some of us don't want it, so why force it on us when there are toggles in settings.

So annoying, the music app UI looks bizarre on 6S Plus, everything looks massive and over the top in your face lol.

24. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I'll bet it gets dialed down. Remember iOS 7 originally had a very thin font and that changed over time. I don't think the music app looks other than some of the text that is too large. I like the fact that the music controls are bigger. They are way too small now.

25. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

It's not the same as the bold fonts option - it's a design choice.