Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
God forbid high school students would have to put away the phone and talk to somebody face to face.

Add in college, too. Our twin daughters (in college) don't really know how to interact with real people. Seriously. One has an e-boyfriend, and the other (when not with her boyfriend) is glued to her laptop Skyping him. When doing neither, she's staring at her iPhone on the internet. Neither girls actually use a phone to call and talk to anyone. Wonder what they would do without internet?

RDeckard

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Add in college, too. Our twin daughters (in college) don't really know how to interact with real people. Seriously. One has an e-boyfriend, and the other (when not with her boyfriend) is glued to her laptop Skyping him. When doing neither, she's staring at her iPhone on the internet. Neither girls actually use a phone to call and talk to anyone. Wonder what they would do without internet?

Be pregnant? (Thank you, internet!) ;)

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis

Apple seeded the fourth beta of iOS 8.4 to developers yesterday with a fix for a messaging bug that causes an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to crash after receiving a specific string of Unicode characters via iMessage or SMS (via HDBlog.it). The bug also affects the Mac and Apple Watch and extends to third-party messaging apps such as Snapchat, Twitter and WhatsApp, as the issue is tied to the way banner notifications process Unicode....

I received these characters via sms and was running and earlier version of iOS 8.4 and no issues - I just deleted it. One example where installing the latest beta version saved me from any issues.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
So, i guess with this bug, you are now REALLY relying on Siri to actually understand you huh ?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
People made this out to be soooooo awesome. I sent it to my GF and it didn't anything to her phone but messed with my phone and took me 15 minutes to get it back up. Guess that's Karma

I'm sure if it had messed up her phone, you would have been the one to sort it out as well, or we would be talking about your ex-GF here.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I just hope Apple releases a stable solid version of iOS 8.4 already…. BEFORE iOS 9 is pushed out the door. Because as everyone knows, once iOS 9 is released, you won't have a chance to install or retrograde back to iOS 8.x

Doubt that iOS 9 will even support my aging iPod Touch. So 8.4 may be my last upgrade for this thing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just hope Apple releases a stable solid version of iOS 8.4 already…. BEFORE iOS 9 is pushed out the door. Because as everyone knows, once iOS 9 is released, you won't have a chance to install or retrograde back to iOS 8.x

Doubt that iOS 9 will even support my aging iPod Touch. So 8.4 may be my last upgrade for this thing.
Well it will certainly be out before iOS 9. Seems like sometime this month (June).

You should already know what devices are supported by iOS 9, and as I recall they are the same ones as the ones supported by iOS 8.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Well it will certainly be out before iOS 9. Seems like sometime this month (June).

You should already know what devices are supported by iOS 9, and as I recall they are the same ones as the ones supported by iOS 8.
iOS 8.4 will release on June 30.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
It was the end of the keynote talking about the price of Apple Music and that it will go live June 30 with iOS 8.4

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009

My daughter (college years) went out with a group of about 15-20 friends. I happened to be at the same restaurant.
About 90% plus of the time all these friends who were "TOGETHER" were texting with somebody else,
glued to their phones, ignoring everybody at the table.

When I mentioned it to my daughter she just said: Dad, you don't understand!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
My daughter (college years) went out with a group of about 15-20 friends. I happened to be at the same restaurant.
About 90% plus of the time all these friends who were "TOGETHER" were texting with somebody else,
glued to their phones, ignoring everybody at the table.

When I mentioned it to my daughter she just said: Dad, you don't understand!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

We're raising a world of zombies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.