Apple Gifts Retail Employees With Apple Music Subscription

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple last week provided all of its employees with urBeats earphones from the Beats by Dr. Dre product lineup as part of an annual holiday gift, and today iTunes chief Eddy Cue told Apple employees they would also receive a free nine-month subscription to Apple Music.

Cue shared the news in a video message that went out to employees this morning. Employees will receive an Apple Music promo code later this month, which will allow them to activate their free subscriptions.

[​IMG]

Valued at $90, the Apple Music subscription paired with the urBeats headphones makes Apple's 2015 gift to its employees one of the most generous the company has offered in recent years. Apple's holiday gifts go out to all of its employees around the world, encompassing Cupertino, satellite offices, and each of its retail locations.

In addition to being a nice perk for employees, offering an Apple Music subscription to all of its employees will have benefits for Apple, as it will allow retail workers to familiarize themselves with the service so they can better explain and recommend it to customers.

Article Link: Apple Gifts Retail Employees With Apple Music Subscription

2. cmwade77 macrumors 65816

Just guessing, but this is probably the only way they can sell the service now that Google Music just came out with family plans at a better price that have more features.

3. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

4. Klae17 macrumors 65816

Klae17

5. gluckett macrumors regular

I was going to say the same thing - seriously, not a whole year??? Hahahaha

6. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Will also increase Apple Music subscription numbers.:rolleyes:
    Cynicism. It's a disease.:oops:

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The Apple I once admired is looking rather worn and tattered.

8. CFreymarc Suspended

Yup, same technique is done with employee issues stock to keep the company valuation up. Starbucks was accused of this many times.

9. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

10. Attirex macrumors 6502

11. norrismantooth macrumors regular

The service is worthless and music is free. That's what you get when you give it away. Apple just killed the music industry.

*edit* All employees receive Beats earbuds, too. That's nice! It's a good holiday gift. Thanks Obama!

12. RB1959 macrumors member

RB1959

Oh for goodness sakes. Most companies give their staff nothing. I bet you guys throw your toys across the room at your mother on Christmas morning because they just aren't good enough for you. Grow up!.

13. JimmyHook macrumors 6502a

I would love to work for a company that awesome! I'm a huge fan of Apple Music as it stands. Just superb in every way. I use iCloud Music library for about 17000 tracks.

14. JimmyHook macrumors 6502a

Google lacks the matching features, live radio, and human curation. Not worth the money

15. CFreymarc Suspended

As an entire company, no way! As far as hanging up Apple Music, I give this horse two more years before it is killed like eWorld. My prediction is that Apple Music is spun off in a Clarius-like company where it is run out of Cupertino's influence and the Sunset Blvd pro's handle this scene right.

16. Tech198 macrumors G5

i will also add it will give employees a taste of the bug the real world has :D so hopefully this will promote fixing these as well.

nine months is pretty good. but I would have like for employees to have the headphones AND Apple music at the same time.

And what do the employees get who were already an Apple music subscriber anyway?

17. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

The subscription is only for nine months because that's about how long the urBeats earphones will last. :D

18. KeyMs92 macrumors regular

3 months trial makes a year. ;)

19. JimmyHook macrumors 6502a

Bugs? Almost all release bugs have been successfully dealt with. Its smooth now

20. Tech198 macrumors G5

oh sure, the constant dubbeling up of tracks, and album art being replaced every time is not a big :p

I've even downloaded music for offline use, then same day it needed to upload ... This is Apple own music... so there's the proof. May not be wide spread, but its there.

(They should of been given Beats) Maybie next time.

21. Artiss macrumors newbie

Artiss

I'd be happy with those gifts - My family quite likes Apple Music - suits us just fine. Bash all you want, they didn't have to do anything, and yet for some thats not enough.

22. RB1959 macrumors member

RB1959

Spoilt children who have no idea what it's like to go out to work or stand on their own two feet without their doting parents wiping their fat asses. Drives me crazy reading their childish posts.

23. 0007776 Suspended

I would assume it would add 9 months on top of whatever they have already paid for. Personally I don't see a need for an apple music subscription, but considering Apple doesn't have to give its workers anything it is a nice gesture.

24. bhferguson, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

bhferguson macrumors member

Didn't Apple give everyone free iPhones when they originally came out? Not as a Christmas gift, but just to put them in the hands of more users? That would have been a great gift. Why not do the same with the watch?

25. iMerik macrumors 6502a

Aren't both family plans $14.99/month?