iPhone XR Apple Give Back $200 promotion - scam

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mstnggt66, Dec 21, 2018.

1. yukari macrumors 6502

yukari

Ok. That makes sense.

Yeah, I too had tracking problem saying Apple did not receive my phone when FedEx tracking clearly showed Phobio received it at least a week before. Apparently Phobio was back-logged in updating their receipt of iPhones.

But it all worked out in the end.

2. rjedoaks macrumors member

rjedoaks

I was in a hurry, so I dropped the package using a Fedex drop box. Forgetting to record the tracking #. Completely in the dark the whole time.

3. netdudeuk macrumors regular

That's what I did on Thursday thanks.

4. RLRabb macrumors member

Exactly the same for me and a friend of mine—two $75 refunds posted at the same time.

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Honestly I would’ve done this in store. I did this with my iPhone X and got full trade in value on the spot. So if THEY thought anything was wrong with your iPhone they would’ve told you that right then and there. No surprises.

6. EHS macrumors newbie

I was very interested to read this thread since I'm in the same position with an iPhone 6s looking at the $200 trade-in toward an iPhone XR as a good deal. I went all the way through the process of doing the Apple give back deal and got to the last screen before confirming the deal. The key here is that I chose the Apple Payment option for financing the new phone through Apple. I'm curious if the OP was doing that type of financing. Anyway, in that last screen there was a link for further explanation of the rebate process (don't remember the exact wording), so I checked it out. It clearly stated that if you were paying the phone cost up front you would get a $200 credit to your payment method. HOWEVER, if you used the Apple Payment financing, you would get a credit to your payment method for the amount of your actual upfront payment (I guess this would be first monthly payment plus your tax payment) and the balance of the $200 would be given as Apple store gift cards. Just FYI.

7. BurntbyApple10 macrumors newbie

This truly is a scam. I traded in a 6s for the 10r. Before putting it into the box I had my ATT ins. replace the screen because of a small chip at the top. Now I received and email that they will pay half of what they offered because it is a different model (serial # can’t lie) and that the screen is broken. Total fraud. Thinking a lawyer is in my future!