apple giving me a free gift for iphone replacements, what should i get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randomrazr, Jun 14, 2011.

1. randomrazr, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

randomrazr macrumors 65816

long story short, i went through a few iphone replacements, jsut bad luck with there refurbs, thankfully i got one thats works perfectly now

anyways for my "troubles" the apple manager guy offered me a small gift off the apple store. of course it couldnt be anything to expensive

i came down to these things:

apple "in ear" headphones
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA850G/B?fnode=MTc0MjU4ODc&mco=MTc0MjcyMzY

bose in ear mobile headphones, BUT there 129 which is to much so he said i can take 35$ off that, so 94 bucks for those.
    http://store.apple.com/us/searchres...=/us/product/H2771VC/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY&t=bose

moshi palmgaurd for my macbook pro.
    http://store.apple.com/us/searchres.../us/product/TW022LL/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY&t=moshi

dr.dre beats studio for 299, 75 bucks off so 224.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX465LL/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4ODc&mco=MjE2ODQ0ODk#tech-specs

and last thing is a 1tb time capsule with 125 $ off so it could be 224 if its still worth it lol

the only 2 things that were free is the apple in ear headphones or the moshi palmguard since they were under 80 bucks.

which would you guys chose?

THANKS!

2. 184550 Guest

It all depends on which you would get the most use out of/ which you 'need' the most.

For me, the Time Capsule would be the item I would get the most use out of.

3. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

thats a good point!

i think i m leaning towards one of the headphones, but ive always been satisfied with the stndard apple headphones that come with ipods and iphones. do you think they would be that much better? like "wow" you if u ever experienced them?

4. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

5. 184550 Guest

I can't say in regards to the in ear headphones. I've never been much of audiophile. My brother has a fairly nice stereo set up and I can barely tell the difference between it and my crappy $30 speakers. Though I recall seeing a couple of threads over the years in which our resident audiophiles complained that the quality was not that great when compared to other products on the market at a similar price point.

I suppose the in ear headphones would be a good investment if you constantly use your iProduct(s) with a headset all day/ live in a large urban/ city environment where you are constantly on transit/ walking. They certainly can't be any worse than the standard Apple headset. Another plus is that they are completely free.

6. nunes013, Jun 14, 2011

nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i would get the time capsule imo. however if you are getting earphones do not get bose or the apple in ear. my apple in ear have died in a little over a year and for 80 there are better ones. my friend has bose and they are nothing special. very expensive for what you get. the dres are ok and for what you will be getting them for its a good deal. i know the in ears will be free but imo you should spend a little extra money to get some decent ones that will last. if you are getting ear phones get the dres. however these are not the best that they sell at apple. you could get better ones that cost less which in the end would save you $.

EDIT: if you go to an apple store they have ear phones out and almost all the time the dres will be out to show if you want to listen. i would listen to a few and see what you like. if your brother is good with audio maybe bring him with you.

EDIT 2: if you want good headphones around the price of the in ear and bose but not as much as dres i would highly recommend the klipsch s4i. it was designed to work with apple idevices. it has the remote and mic. they are $99 but sound incredible for the price. they have a 4.5-5 star rating on almost every site.

7. ben173 macrumors regular

8. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I have the apple in ear headphones and love them. I'd choose them if I were you. :)

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I would go with the Bose. I love headphones, haha.

10. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

i was considering the time capsule but ive read on macrumors that the supplies are getting straine for them and such and that apple will be coming out with new ones "soon". i dunno if u ever checked out the reviews on the time capsules on apples website, but SOO many people say it dies in 18months LOL

unfortunatly the closest apple store is 3 hours away. ive never had the chance to listen to anything better than apple headphones which is why im interested in the headphones. 224 seems ok deal for super high end headphones. ive looked at the reviews of the studios and apparently they require 2 triple AAA batteries? so im guessing it will not work if the batteries die? lol plus, there huge haha, never had big headphones like that before.

the bose seem nice, its bose lol. the thing is, its still 95 bucks, which, a free set of apple in ears seems like a better deal. my limit on a free gift was 50 bucks he said but he could do the apple in ears cause there made by apple apparently.

i dnno if im asking u anything but does ur opinion change for anything?

11. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

no problem. i knew about the time capsules but i was hoping by the time you decided they would come out with new ones :D if your limit was $50 then you will like the in ears. mine havent died because of sound but they are starting to fall apart. i didnt use them to work out;i did just around the house. normal use. dont get me wrong they are good earphones but if you were to spend $80 you could spend a tad more and get a lot better ones. i think they are worth around $50.

if i were you i would ask how much you could get off the klipsch s4is (they are $99 and i cant say enough about them) and if it is still a lot i would get the apple in ears. they wont have the very crisp clear sound but if they are free its worth it.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have the Bose IE2 without the mobile support and love them, I would definitely go with those.

13. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Do they sell a spell or grammar checker at the Apple store? It looks like that would be the most useful.

14. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

? Hardly any spelling errors in OPs post...

15. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Both the Bose and Beats are overpriced. You could do better at those price points. The Apple in-ears are pretty good. However, if you're a basshead, you'll find the bass isn't enough.

16. Blondie :), Jun 14, 2011

Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I'm a bit of an audiophile. And I'll tell you, I hate the apple headphones. They have too much mid-range sound in them. It just doesn't sounds "full" if you know what I mean.

Basically, it all comes down to what you listen to. Do you prefer softer styles of music? Such as country, pop, acoustic, etc. Or do you prefer harder styles of music? Metal, hard rock, screaming crap that makes you want to punch babies and such. Or are you in between (R&B, top 40, rap).

If you're a person who likes to have a lot of bass, then definitely go with the beats headphones. As far as bass goes, they'll knock your socks off. However, I feel that they are really lacking in the high-range frequencies.

Personally, I am a guy who likes listening to screaming music. So I have to have really responsive headphones. The bose headphones are the ones that will get you the closest to an overall enjoyable experience with any type of music.

And then of course, IMHO, the apple headphones are terrible. And I haven't heard very good things about the apple in-ear headphones. I've heard they fall out of your ears a lot.

[edit]: I just checkout out the apple in-ear headphones. I was surprised when I saw their tech specs. They have a rather high amount of impedance (23db) and their frequency range is rather superb. As long as they don't fall out of your ears, they might not be a bad buy for $79....FREE :D

I hope that helps out a little bit!

17. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks it does help alot! i was hoping to get someone who is an audiophile lol.

ive never had actual "nice" headphones before. would u say the beats with the discount for 224 or the bose with the discount for 94 dollar are worth either way?

i youtubed the beats studio and they look like NICE eadphones, though ive never had big headphones before. i was looking at the review by "thatsnazzyiphoneguy" and he said the 1 con about it was its not good at noise cancelling. what i mean by that is if ur listening to music on the bus, ur neighbor prob can hear it. i know to some its not a huge deal but i prefer people not listening in to what im listening in lol.

the other thing was, apparently the studios use 2 triple AAA batteries. do you know if it works without them? the iphoneguy said they last like a month before you have to replace them.

18. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

even with the discounts? there still over priced?

19. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The bose are extremely comfortable, much more than those Apple in ears in my opinion. you might be able to sell the apple in ears for a decent price and buy the bose from amazon (116$)

20. Centient macrumors 6502

Wonder if he'd be willing to let you nab the next gen Time Capsule for that price or at that discount? If so, that would be the way to go.

21. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

I would also go for the Time Capsule, but I'd also hold off, since they're talking about a refresh...and there's always the chance that the last-gen won't be supported.

22. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

he said almost anything off the apple store. it would be free if its around 50 dollar range. anything more the discount thing applies.

iil wait a little to see how the time capsules turn out.

i already have a 500gb western digital my passport elite hard drive, but the time capsule seems nice to i suppose :p

23. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

any clue when?

24. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Bose headphones is the best accessories I've ever spent money on