Apple Goofed Firmware 1.1.1 Rollout!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Antaios, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Antaios macrumors regular

Well guys sorry to say this but my love affair with my iPhone ends tonight at midnight with the release of HALO 3.... Had Apple/Steve Jobs released Firmware 1.1.1 last week or when the iPod Touch launched, I would have immediately updated my iPhone and would have been downloading songs on the Wifi iTunes Store. Unfortunately my iPhone will now get no more attention as it will be dang near impossible to pry my xbox 360 controller out of my hands...for the next several days, weeks, months. Good job Apple!! You had an opportunity to cash in big with the Wifi iTunes...now I'll never use it...I'll be too busy listening to the greatest video game soundtrack ever... HALO 3...

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

So while a level is loading you cant update? i could see if you were going to fight the flood in real life this would be a problem, but the pause button is there for a reason ;-)

3. The General macrumors 601

Wow ...

4. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

oh halo 3 is competing with everthing, i may stop eating and using the restroom....

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

took the word right out of my mouth.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Obviously the OP has no real life. :D

7. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

Halo 3 only takes 4 hours to beat and only has 11 stages. Hope you don't plan to play for very long. Also if you want to save yourself the $60 you can see the lame ending on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWuDcN-PTwQ

8. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Phone and a video game........how are these related? :confused:

9. earthsick macrumors regular

yeah i hear you man, i was going to mcdonalds but on the way there i saw that home depot had a sale on snow blowers...:rolleyes:

10. whistler72 macrumors member

THE OP sounds like he'd fit in the South Park episode where they feature WoW

11. Antaios thread starter macrumors regular

the iPhone is so much more than a phone!! It is my communication hub, entertainment device and newest "toy"... Halo 3 is so much more than a video game. It is the final fight for Master Chief, and tonight it's time to finish the fight. As far and the dweeb who said it only takes 4 hours to beat Halo 3 must still be living in the stone age... I don't even know how he was able to post a reply on this board with his chisel and rock tablet. No one plays video games to beat them and then set them on a shelf, unless you have a Sorry Syste....I mean Sony System. Xbox Live and Halo 3 multiplayer allows you to play against friends, locally and globally for countless hours so you don't waste $60 like you would on a PiSS3 game....

12. powderblue17 macrumors regular

Whenever somebody criticizes Apple fanboys in the future all I have to do is point them to this thread to shut them up. Halo fanboys are beyond crazy and the sad thing is it's not even that great of a game. It's not bad or anything but it's no different then the other 5000 fps's on the xbox. Maybe if it came out on the Mac as it was originally suppose to I would feel different but it also wouldn't be so overhyped then either.

13. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

I don't think Apple cares about you not buying the latest Sum 41 ringtone. In fact, send your iPhone back. We don't want you in the Apple family.

14. Antaios thread starter macrumors regular

Not that good of a game??
    IGN disagrees. 9.5 out of 10
    GamePro disagrees. 100/100
    1UP disagrees. 95/100

Can't I be an Apple Fanboy and a Halo Fanboy? That makes me the God of All Fanboys, right?

15. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Erm...WHAA!!?!?!!?

16. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

dude that is really sad. Halo isn't even that good of a game. I would much rather waste my life playing rainbow 6 Vegas, but as it is I don't even own an xbox 360. I never understood anyones obsession with an of the hal games. I've played all three of them and have yet to be really impressed. Besides there is apause button as someone said, and I don't even think you should have been obsessing over the iphone, yrah its a great phone and i love everything about it, but you have no life. That being said, i cant wait to play my friends copy of the game to see wha its like. Have fun with the game, and try not to beat the game in one day.

17. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

iPhone is a phone and Halo is a game.

18. powderblue17 macrumors regular

Let's go down this hallway and kill everything that moves and when done lets turn around and go back through the same hallway where magically everything I just killed is alive again so we have to do the same thing all over again but facing the opposite direction. Endless fun there. I beat the first Halo but I never played the second which I've heard wasn't that great anyway. Maybe I'm just sick of fps's. You can't trust those scores anyway as they give just about any fps great scores. It's not a bad game at all but I just don't understand the attachment to it.

19. The General macrumors 601

Congratulations. You've just made an ass out of yourself.

Even more so than the OP. :rolleyes:

20. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

Antaios, You should read the review IGN gave the game. They scored it really high because they were paid to. But if you read the review to me it sounds like they really had a distaste for the game. And Sony's Playstation 3 and Nintendo's Wii are online just as the xbox 360 is.

I am not trying to create a flame war so this is the last I will post on this topic. But I agree with the other person on here that Halo is just a copy cat of the other 5000 FPS games on the market and a subpar one at that. And Halo fans are crazy mad over Halo 3, like many of us (including myself) were over the iPhone just before it launched :D

I do understand the hype I get sucked into it myself at times.

21. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Did you read their whole post? Seemed like they are entitled to their opinion.

22. The General macrumors 601

Anyone who has played any first person shooter since Wolf3D knows that FPS games simply are not how he described, thus he is lying. That is how he made an ass out of himself. I don't care if he doesn't like FPS games, but don't lie about them to make them look bad. :rolleyes:

I also wasn't aware that there are several people posting as a group named "powderblue17" ... :rolleyes:

When referring to one person ... their, they? Negative.

23. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

huh? Halo is an amazing game, get 6 friends and play a few system link multiplayer games together and then talk to me...

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

worst thread ever....you can download and play....plus itms wifi is more for on the go when normal itms is for use at home

25. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Yes some FPS have been that way. Is that the genre as a whole? No. It isn't any reason so get all upset and call the poster a liar or an ass?

Sigh....sorry I was watching the news and eating lunch while typing my response. I'll pay attention to my grammar more next time :rolleyes:

Seeing how one may not like Halo I'm sure it was painful.