Apple Gripe! WTF is going on with these guys?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlueJayLouchE, Mar 15, 2009.

1. BlueJayLouchE macrumors member

BlueJayLouchE

Wow... Apple have really pisssed me off now!

Short history - Ordered through reseller Feb 9.

No shipping info given to my reseller as at 5th Mar.

mar 1 heard from reseller - expecting order to leave singapore during week.

Called Apple directly and was told I could not get info except through my reseller - through his channel.

Emailed reseller - still nothing from Apple.

Mar 9 - four weeks from order date. I explained my situation to the lady in customer relations. She took my details and my resellers and told me she would get back to me that day.

Mar 12 - Tried to get a hold of Joanna again, was told she did not work in that call centre. Gave up.

Today - Mar 16 - Called Apple again, This time going back to order tracking, not CR, when I explained what was going on the girl asked me why I'd go through a reseller when Apple were shipping these within a few days of ordering.

At this point I was furious and the girl hastily put me through to CR, where my previous call details were found. This new girl, Hannah, was very apologetic, saying she knows Joanna and would speak to her about not getting back to me. She is going to chase my order up for me via my resellers order details and get back to me today (same story as last week) Let's hope this girl does her job!

This has been such a bad experience. This laptop, being my first Mac, better live up to the hype.

My iPhone sure hasn't!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so you ordered through a reseller and not through apple? and youre mad at apple for shipment issues?

ooook:rolleyes:

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

What did you order?

4. jagr200 macrumors member

Was the reseller cheaper or what? Apple ships worldwide and they ship usually within 2 days and it takes about 7 days to reach anywhere in the World. Well anywhere they ship which is a pretty huge list.

5. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

And this reseller is?

I have no idea why you would even be calling Apple in the first place.

6. bossxii macrumors 68000

So you ordered thru a reseller because you can save a few bucks... now your pissed at Apple who has nothing to do with when or what promises this reseller makes. Nice assumptions.

The reseller probably oversold what it had coming in. Now they are scrambling to fill other orders and it delays yours. If your pissed at Apple for a reseller not living up to their promises... wow. :rolleyes:

7. BlueJayLouchE thread starter macrumors member

BlueJayLouchE

Yes, I ordered through a reseller. What's your point?
    Am I mad at Apple for shipment issues? Yes, but that is not my major gripe. That title goes to "Why don't you order from our online store? We're shipping overnight!"

ooook?

17" MacBook Pro, CTO. 2.93ghz all else stock, Glassy.
    I do realise that because it is CTO it would take a little longer... but 5 weeks c'mon...
    I also realise some other poor buggers have been waiting a lot longer than me.

Yes, Much cheaper. He is a friend.

Direct2u.

Because they have a phone number and my freaking laptop.

sorry, what promises did my reseller make?

and no, he didn't.

I am pissed at Apple, for no fault but their own. How can they justify not stocking resellers and shipping to direct customers within a few days?

I've been paying pretty close attention to the delivery dates thread (where I was going to post this originally) and it seems quite a few people have cancelled their reseller's order and have gone direct. If I was a reseller I'd be pretty damn angry.

Now, as I mentioned I WAS going to post this as a reply in the Delivery Dates thread but for my own amusement thought it would be a nice little experiment to see how many of my fellow macrumors forum members would jump to Apple's defense.

You didn't disappoint.

8. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502a

mcpryon2

Because the direct customers paid more. You got the bargain, they got their hot, new item sooner.

9. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Resellers aren't priority when it comes to new products from Apple. Then again, every company does this. Whoever orders from the main company first gets priority on shipment when available arise.

10. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

So what your saying is, my car was in an accident because i was driving drunk but Its fords fault because they built the car and sold it to me?

Get real, apple is not responsible for what resellers do.

11. BlueJayLouchE thread starter macrumors member

BlueJayLouchE

Sad, isn't it.

It's funny because I said that to the first apple employee I spoke to and he replied "no way, you have every right to save as much money as you can. I would"

12. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

So let me get this straight, you bought an apple computer from a reseller, for argument sake lets say best buy. Bestbuy takes forever to ship your computer and they don't give you any info. Why would you complain to apple if bestbuy is the one taking forever to ship and not giving you any info.

I don't called Honda when my ford doesn't arrive on time!

Get over yourself.

13. Mastamarek macrumors regular

Mastamarek

Yeah, this doesnt make sense. If I ordered my laptop from a reseller, they would be the first one I would call, not apple. just doesnt make any sense.

14. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Perhaps you should simply cancel the order and go direct with Apple or forget Macs and go the PC route.

15. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

.... or cancel the order and go directly to apple.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

my point is the actions of the reseller have no connection with apple PERIOD

ooooook:rolleyes:

17. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

I'm confused. Is this some special arrangement that your friend/reseller has with Apple Australia or is this how Apple operates in Australia or what? Because here in the US, afaik, if you want a BTO Mac, you *have* to order through Apple, either online or the retail Apple stores, and (this is personal experience), you usually have your new Mac within 5 days. 1-2 days for build and ship prep, and another few days to get it from Shanghai or Shenzhen to wherever you are.

You are also able to save money with a standard spec Mac through resellers like MacMall and Amazon, but no customization available and delivery is dependent on the reseller, not Apple. A friend bought his iMac off Amazon and used Amazon Prime and had it in 2 days, as is normal for Amazon.

What you're telling us is we should also be angry at Apple for you? When UPS took three days to deliver my digital camera with prime shipping, I certainly wasn't pissed off at Canon. I complained to Amazon and Amazon gave me a $5 credit.

18. Everlast macrumors newbie

Everlast

I understand it is how frustrated to wait for the new baby to arrive :p

You mentioned you'd order a MBP 17" and it is CTO, so it will take a lil bit longer than usual shipment would takes.

I noticed that you are in Australia? I lived in Melbourne for a few years, and one time I have my sister mail me some important document from the state to Melbourne by express mail, no joke, it took the mail 2 months to arrive my apartment, we thought those document was lost, but it arrived eventually, didn't know what kind of adventure it'd been into :confused:

Just relax~ it's coming~ maybe it will shows up on tomorrow morning :D

19. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

Blue jay I know your trying to make us feel bad for you, but all you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

20. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Poor analogy; better would be attempting to call Ford corporate HQ because the local Ford dealer failed to deliver the car fast enough. And even then car analogies don't really work since special orders can be tracked through production.

Even so, I understand your point. The OP is really frustrated because Apple wishes to take care of the direct customers first. Nothing to be done here.

Cheers,

21. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

That is the first option I suggested in the thread you quoted me on :confused: :confused:

22. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

because getting a pc is a bad idea....

23. BlueJayLouchE thread starter macrumors member

BlueJayLouchE

Is that what I'm saying? I think a more apt analogy would be - Ford build a car that will drive itself home no matter how drunk, stoned, asleep or in the throws of passion the owner (not driver) is, but fail to deliver it to a guy who is buying it for a friend (because he gets a small discount from ford - he is not a dealer/retailer)

The end user is involved in an accident that would have been avoided with the car he had been expecting. It frustrates him.

He is a REseller. He can't REsell me something he hasn't REceived.

No, if you called Honda re: a Ford you probably shouldn't be driving at all let alone responding to pointless threads started by disgruntled consumers.

I talk to my reseller almost every day. He is a busy one man show. I wanted answers and he wasn't getting them from Apple, So I had a crack. Sorry.

So, are we agreed that Apple purposely holding off on reseller orders to gain some direct customers?

24. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

So its out of stock, thats the resellers fault, not urs or apples, and you shouldn't be the one calling apple, your friend is the one responsible. Tell your friend you dont want it anymore and buy it straight from apple. There was that hard? no!

25. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so you knew about this concerning resellers and are complaining on not getting it quick enough compared to apple itself:rolleyes:

you do know resellers are responsible for ordering what they want to resell...