Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueJayLouchE

macrumors member
Original poster
Well... then what about a non-BTO config or BTO through another reseller, if you're so intent on sticking it to Apple and not going through their direct channel but still absolutely want to get a Mac.

I mean, it sucks it's been such a long wait, but the more info shared in this thread, the more it reminds me of the scene from Office Space when Michael is bitching about having the same name as "that no-talent ass-clown Michael Bolton", then Samir asks Michael why he doesn't just go by Mike and he says "No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks."

This just doesn't seem like a big deal and it feels like it could be resolved pretty easily, without having to lose your battle against Big Fruit.

HAHAH I like that.

I'll talk to my dude soon, awaiting his call any time now, and ask him where he will be left if I do cancel. If he is stuck with the machine I won't cancel. If he cane send it back, I might.

Please realise, I do feel pretty stupid for waiting this long for a machine I could have had a month ago, but like the above comparison quite rightly notes, I am stubborn, when it comes to my ethical standpoints, that is.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
HAHAH I like that.

I'll talk to my dude soon, awaiting his call any time now, and ask him where he will be left if I do cancel. If he is stuck with the machine I won't cancel. If he cane send it back, I might.

Please realise, I do feel pretty stupid for waiting this long for a machine I could have had a month ago, but like the above comparison quite rightly notes, I am stubborn, when it comes to my ethical standpoints, that is.

I'm still as I am sure the others in this post might agree, what is the ethical standpoint you are trying to convey? And please, try to inform me without any sarcasm and pompousness, I am genuinely curious on this ethical standpoint.

Freecity88

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
lol, I think you should call Microsoft, dude
Here is their phone number: 1-800-Microsoft (642-7676)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Err, huh?

attachment.php

itisme1760

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
California
Your buddies' reseller store is not from Apple's Authorized Resellers, listed here...

http://wheretobuy.apple.com/Catalog.html

Secondly, I could open up my own store with a stolen Apple logo taken from Apple's own site, and a sticker that came with my Macbook Pro and claim that I am a trusted Apple reseller.

One should know that it should be all dealt through the reseller, not Apple. As cool as Apple is, they don't take part in anything, except producing the product for the reseller. If the reseller REALLY wanted your money, he would have dealt with this long ago, and you would've had your Mac a while ago.

And yes, the discounted Macs are slower to get, because, my Macbook Pro was bought with an employee discount and these didn't show up until 5 weeks after it was released (Late 2008).

BlueJayLouchE

macrumors member
Original poster
I'm still as I am sure the others in this post might agree, what is the ethical standpoint you are trying to convey? And please, try to inform me without any sarcasm and pompousness, I am genuinely curious on this ethical standpoint.

Sorry, I reread my last post and realised it may have come across a tad sarcastic. It wasn't.

I do love that movie, and am stubborn.

Ethically, I will not "sell out" my reseller to apple.

Now, I've just facepalmed the s**t out of myself because my mate is selling me this computer at COST PRICE, or close to. Either way, he probably wouldn't be losing any money if I was to cancel the order.

I try not to attach myself to brands or labels, but rather to good service and overall pleasant experience eg. I buy all my tee's from 2 stores in Brisbane even though I could go to an online store and get them cheaper, the guys working there are friendly and they always have good music playing. It's enough to keep me coming back, and telling all my mates to check them out.

Sorry getting a little off topic there, and it's a pretty shallow example of my ethics. I hope you understand.

Sorry If i'm struggling with tonality here, I tired and feeling a overwhelmed.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, I reread my last post and realised it may have come across a tad sarcastic. It wasn't.

I do love that movie, and am stubborn.

Ethically, I will not "sell out" my reseller to apple.

Now, I've just facepalmed the s**t out of myself because my mate is selling me this computer at COST PRICE, or close to. Either way, he probably wouldn't be losing any money if I was to cancel the order.

I try not to attach myself to brands or labels, but rather to good service and overall pleasant experience eg. I buy all my tee's from 2 stores in Brisbane even though I could go to an online store and get them cheaper, the guys working there are friendly and they always have good music playing. It's enough to keep me coming back, and telling all my mates to check them out.

Sorry getting a little off topic there, and it's a pretty shallow example of my ethics. I hope you understand.

Sorry If i'm struggling with tonality here, I tired and feeling a overwhelmed.

I certainly understand wanting to support your friends business, but it still does not give you the right to complain to Apple, they didn't do anything but wait for the order to come in.

Have you asked your friend if he had to wait to get enough orders from his customers to come in before he could make an order to Apple? Some resellers do this to get bulk price on shipping, or bulk pricing on the goods.

Like others have said, I think you were barking up the wrong tree on this one. You ordered this from a reseller but called Apple to complain, think you really needed to call the reseller to find out what was going on...

BlueJayLouchE

macrumors member
Original poster
1.Your buddies' reseller store is not from Apple's Authorized Resellers, listed here...

http://wheretobuy.apple.com/Catalog.html

2.Secondly, I could open up my own store with a stolen Apple logo taken from Apple's own site, and a sticker that came with my Macbook Pro and claim that I am a trusted Apple reseller.

3. One should know that it should be all dealt through the reseller, not Apple. As cool as Apple is, they don't take part in anything, except producing the product for the reseller. If the reseller REALLY wanted your money, he would have dealt with this long ago, and you would've had your Mac a while ago.

4. And yes, the discounted Macs are slower to get, because, my Macbook Pro was bought with an employee discount and these didn't show up until 5 weeks after it was released (Late 2008).

1. Apple don't seem to have an Australian version of that list.
2. That's really irrelevant.
3. This is not the fault of the resellers, as very few have actually received any 17" UMBP from Apple.. inc. those mentioned on your list, who have lost sales to customers going direct.
4. Mines only discounted because my reseller is cutting his margin on it. It is the exact same order in Apple's eye.

BlueJayLouchE

macrumors member
Original poster
I certainly understand wanting to support your friends business, but it still does not give you the right to complain to Apple, they didn't do anything but wait for the order to come in.

Have you asked your friend if he had to wait to get enough orders from his customers to come in before he could make an order to Apple? Some resellers do this to get bulk price on shipping, or bulk pricing on the goods.

Like others have said, I think you were barking up the wrong tree on this one. You ordered this from a reseller but called Apple to complain, think you really needed to call the reseller to find out what was going on...

I started this thread because there are so many people waiting for their reseller orders, many of whom are canceling and going direct. When Apple told me I could get my computer sooner if I did I was outraged (maybe a case of mondayitis)

I do call him, email him, but i don't want to harass him. Like I said before, he's very busy and is doing me a favor.

My patience was wearing thin late last week, when I NEEDED this laptop for a gig, obviously it didn't come. Luckily, A mate lent me his MacBook and I fudged my way through. I have a right to know where my order is and seeing how my resellers correspondence seems as informed as a flip of the coin (maybe leaving Singapore this week) I'll try to get my info from elsewhere.. that is the source.

Again, sorry if i sound pompous or arrogant, I'm tired and want my laptop.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
*Grabs a pitchfork and torch*

*Joins the angry mob along with everyone else that protects Apple's good name.*

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
If you needed the laptop, you wouldn't order through a reseller.

Time is money. People pay a little more because it saves them time for waiting.

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
You don't have to take time out of your day to entertain me. For that, Thank you.

Now, i'll get back to the relevant posts.

this whole thread was irrelevant the second you started it.
you were clearly just trying to get everyone pissed off. and to your obvious satisfaction it worked. you are a troll. i hope you get banned or suspended or something. and i hope you never get your laptop too.

woah you got me pissed off. damn!!

capriseyhaze

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
florida
what the eff? Is everybody on here retarded? Yall keep saying "its not apples fault" and "its the resellers job to get what they need" yall must not understand what you are saying. Let me break down a reseller for yall who dont know. A reseller buys his product from the manufacture and the manufacture ships to the reseller and the reseller sells it. Simple right? So when a reseller advertises a product, the reseller has already put in its order with the company. So inturn it is the manufactures fault for shipping product to the reseller to fill the orders the reseller already has. In apples case resellers had pre orders on there sites just like ape but instead of apple taking care of everybody they just took care of themselves therfor resellers who have taken customore orders expecting product from apple are looking bad like they have not done there job. Most mainstream reselllers such as macmall best but and amazon have not recived any product yet and there getting any until next week. So look at whats real and living in an apple fantacy world and keep it funky with yourself. And please stop saying that dumb as$ comment "well if your mad get a pc" i mean shutup he must need a mac for some reason you smug fu@&

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
what the eff? Is everybody on here retarded? Yall keep saying "its not apples fault" and "its the resellers job to get what they need" yall must not understand what you are saying. Let me break down a reseller for yall who dont know. A reseller buys his product from the manufacture and the manufacture ships to the reseller and the reseller sells it. Simple right? So when a reseller advertises a product, the reseller has already put in its order with the company. So inturn it is the manufactures fault for shipping product to the reseller to fill the orders the reseller already has. In apples case resellers had pre orders on there sites just like ape but instead of apple taking care of everybody they just took care of themselves therfor resellers who have taken customore orders expecting product from apple are looking bad like they have not done there job. Most mainstream reselllers such as macmall best but and amazon have not recived any product yet and there getting any until next week. So look at whats real and living in an apple fantacy world and keep it funky with yourself. And please stop saying that dumb as$ comment "well if your mad get a pc" i mean shutup he must need a mac for some reason you smug fu@&

apple doesnt HAVE to supply a reseller buddy.

i used to be a Best Buy CEM manager and the reason best buy isnt on the authorized resellers list is because they have a seperate section in their stores for Apple. its like an Apple Store within a Best Buy. apple pays them for the space.

kanon14

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Hong Kong
This thread could've ended on the first page. We provided all the information Blue Jay needs. He chose to wait, so let's call it done.

p.s. on second thought, Blue Jay if you are really pissed at Apple maybe you can start an online petition of some sort and post it on the delivery date thread. I'm sure many people will sign it for you. Heck i'll sign it too just for you.

BlueJayLouchE

macrumors member
Original poster
this whole thread was irrelevant the second you started it.
you were clearly just trying to get everyone pissed off. and to your obvious satisfaction it worked. you are a troll. i hope you get banned or suspended or something. and i hope you never get your laptop too.

woah you got me pissed off. damn!!

You quoted my response to an attack on me.

I don't apologise for that. I'm not a troll, but I did expect to be attacked for starting this thread.

As far as I'm concerned all I have done is respond as diplomatically as I possibly could to what has turned out to be mostly replies from people who have mearly skimmed the thread.

Anyone who is waiting for a reseller order might appreciate what little information I could give. with more to come hopefully.

I'm sorry you have such a short fuse. It's only the internet.

RexTraverse

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
I'm sorry you have such a short fuse. It's only the internet.

Meh... it's Apple fans - the only group of people who have accused me of being both a mindless Apple fanboy and a pro-Windows troll. Can't really take any of it too seriously. :p

And give that capriseyhaze guy a medal. That had to be the funniest post in this entire thread.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I work for an Australian Apple Premium Reseller and I can confirm that we have not been allocated any 17" MacBook Pros yet and as of about a week and a half ago the Apple store in Sydney had them listed as "not yet available". So whilst they have certainly been lax in getting back to you nobody has any stock to sell yet of the stock config or CTO machines.

We are still waiting for rev b MacBook Airs - never even seen one of them yet.

capriseyhaze

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
florida
Meh... it's Apple fans - the only group of people who have accused me of being both a mindless Apple fanboy and a pro-Windows troll. Can't really take any of it too seriously. :p

And give that capriseyhaze guy a medal. That had to be the funniest post in this entire thread.

Whats funny about it?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
apple doesnt HAVE to supply a reseller buddy.

i used to be a Best Buy CEM manager and the reason best buy isnt on the authorized resellers list is because they have a seperate section in their stores for Apple. its like an Apple Store within a Best Buy. apple pays them for the space.

They could be buying from one of the two big US wholesale distributors handling Apple's products also, and not Apple.

Can't blame Apple if Ingram Micro is sending product to big customers first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.