Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiology

Suspended
Feb 11, 2014
Westlake, OH
I think this process will hurt less if you jump on the iPad Pro train sooner rather than later. If you still need more power and flexibility, there are plenty of competent Linux and Windows workstations out there.
Thanks for the advice, but I have tried the iPad Pro and I really wanted it to replace my laptop. I didn't work for me and will not work for many other pro users. Plus, the trackpad is irreplaceable.

I still have faith the TC days will eventually come to an end and things will get back on track. As of today, why would I give up on the best available operating system and change to Windows or Linux? Even an underpowered Mac is 1000x better than a PC in my humble opinion.

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
Great. Now abondon it like the iPod mini, get rid of the headphone jack, lightning port, screen and battery - innovate!

PizzaBoxStyle

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2014
Apple HQ Cupterino Spaceship
Thanks for the advice, but I have tried the iPad Pro and I really wanted it to replace my laptop. I didn't work for me and will not work for many other pro users. Plus, the trackpad is irreplaceable.

I still have faith the TC days will eventually come to an end and things will get back on track. As of today, why would I give up on the best available operating system and change to Windows or Linux? Even an underpowered Mac is 1000x better than a PC in my humble opinion.

Fair enough.

I no longer have that faith myself. Even if the TC days come to an end... The damage will have been done because I can only imagine that it's going to take A LOT to get Cook ousted. I have also tried the iPad Pro (I own one). It doesn't replace my Mac for productivity, but that's okay, it was never designed to "replace" the Mac. Just super secede it (by any means possible).

I guess I'm lucky that I can get whatever I need to get done (work) on just about any platform, even Windows.

Also, grab a burger for dinner from B-Spot @ Crocker Park for me tonight. Been too long. #allincle ;)

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
So Tim bought the 1 billionth iPhone?

Rigged that way, more than likely, so Apple wouldn't have to gift anyone some "prize" for being the 1 billionth iPhone purchaser. Trying to trim that bottom line like only Tim can. That's why there's no new computers...R&D costs too much.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
What are you saying,Tim ? You want us to worship you? You need to be loved? A hug? A clap?

What are YOU saying Pat???
There is never a moment in Tim's excitement over the billion mark reached that he tries to glory hound & take credit for it. So your ridiculous questions posed about whether he wants to be worshipped are as outlandish as they are baseless. It sounds like YOU are the one desperate for validation & attention; so strongly so, that you are willing to grossly misrepresent another man's actions and words.
Of every complaint I've ever heard leveled at Mr. Cook- egotism & attention whoring have NEVER been mentioned by anyone but you. I think you're reaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jax44 and NetMage

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
There's an iPhone in the Louvre, also. I took this picture in 2010.

Youth with iPhone.jpg

Reactions: pat500000

EricTheHalfBee

Suspended
Mar 10, 2013
I have bought a few iPhones off of craigslist and they all were found out to be stolen after I bought them. The people file a "lost" phone claim and the phone isn't usable anymore.

How could anyone fall for that these days? All you need to do is have the seller turn off Find My iPhone in front of you. This proves they have the password for the Apple ID linked to the phone. A thief isn't going to know this.

If they can't turn it off, don't buy the phone. If it's ALREADY off, then turn it on (you don't need a PIN or password to turn it on), hand it back to the seller and THEN ask them to turn it off.

Reactions: volcomvenom

FactVsOpinion

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah, would've reached this milestone faster if the 6S didn't suck and the SE wasn't a rehash of a 4-year old design

And 16 GB base model... Is it 2009?
View attachment 642112

The only thing more amazing than this achievement is the macrumors forum response to it. Some people will never be impressed.

A truly remarkable achievement that we might never see again...and it's met with this? Amazing!

demodave

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
That's why my wife and I have no phone date nights and are transitioning to having no screens of any kind in any of the bedrooms at our house

Also our daughter has to earn screen time by doing chores and being an active part of our family. Not just an ignoring phone zombie.

Screens should have never been in the bedroom (unless for "on call" or charging purposes). Sleep sanitation dictates this.

As for child development, I think you have the right idea, but my opinion as an uncle is pretty irrelevant.

I do agree with the general sentiment that "the world is too much with us", but then again, if a person is in a meditative place, the world is welcomed in.

Sorry for over-thinking. :-

Ain't technology grand!

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
Any declaration of Tim Cook as a CEO now is like only acknowledging Steve Jobs as the CEO that got fired from Apple. Only half the story.

Exactly, but with one pptentially huge difference: The second half of the Steve Jobs story was the better half.
[doublepost=1469668281][/doublepost]
The only thing more amazing than this achievement is the macrumors forum response to it. Some people will never be impressed.

A truly remarkable achievement that we might never see again...and it's met with this? Amazing!

'A truly remarkable achievement that we may never see again'?!? Good grief my friend, you need to pick up a hobby, travel the world, womanize a bit, whatever it is ... but something to ease your excessive idolizatiom of Apple.

Last edited:

demodave

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
And no mention of Steve Jobs?

Without him, we would have no iPhone, iPad, Mac or iPod.

Thank you, Steve, for your genius. I miss you.

Ah, good old hyperbole, extremes, and absolutes that add so so much.
[doublepost=1469653530][/doublepost]
Clearly all those 0s after the 1 are nothing since they are 0s and Apple, and Tim Cook specifically, are just spinning it all to make it look like it's actually some big number, when it's just a 1 with a bunch of 0s.

The "1" in binary stands for "did" (as opposed to did not) and the trailing "0" stand for "again" (first one) or "and again" (for all trailing "0").

That's a lot of "again and again and again and again". (Think: Pretenders.)

Loco Emperor

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
This is like when Mcdonalds said 99 billion served. Lets focus on the number - not what we selling now, or what we once represented - Just focus on the number. Apple sounds (and acts) more like Microsoft from the 90's every passing day.
People and their anti ms sentiment is hilarious to me. If anyone is like old Microsoft that would be google

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.