Apple Helping Developers Finalize Apple Watch Apps at Cupertino Headquarters

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 16, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple has invited third-party developers to its headquarters in Cupertino, California to allow them to test and finalize apps for the Apple Watch, according to 9to5Mac. The report claims that developers have been arriving at One Infinite Loop this month to work with Apple engineers on finishing WatchKit-based apps in categories such as sports, productivity and finance.
    MacRumors reported a few weeks ago that some developers have been asked to have Apple Watch apps readied by this month, although this report claims that Apple seems to be operating on a more urgent timeline, possibly in order to ensure that some apps are finalized for an upcoming marketing initiative or media event. In the meantime, Apple has reportedly been holding workshops to train retail employees about the Apple Watch in Los Angeles, Cupertino, Austin and Atlanta.

Apple CEO Tim Cook confirmed the Apple Watch will launch in April.

Article Link: Apple Helping Developers Finalize Apple Watch Apps at Cupertino Headquarters

2. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

3. Chrjy macrumors 6502a

Chrjy

4. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

I can see Tim Cook's influence of have a very organized way of doing things. They're asking for apps ahead of time so they can test the Apple watch and ensure that it works with developers' apps. In addition, they're getting good feedback for additions to the SDK.

I also see now what's happening with the iOS releases. iOS 7 was a visual revamp. iOS 8 was a feature revamp. iOS 9 is a stability revamp. It's a nice progression. Apple has a nice UI and a feature set that more or less doesn't have any major gaps. Now they are going to polish everything.

5. s1m macrumors 6502

Seems like Apple are wanting to manage this release more closely than others such as the iPad. I thnk that they recognise the risk this product faces - if it doesn't get off to a flying start with smooth operating and battery efficient apps there is the risk that the product will be tarnished. Looks like a sensible significant amount of investment going into this.

I. Can't. Wait. even though I have to.

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Apple has been doing this for years. It's not new to Tim Cook or even the Apple Watch.

7. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

That means Apple Pay in Germany isn't that far away. :cool:

Looking forward to try all these Apple Watch apps!

8. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a "sky blue" band on my watch!

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

interesting to read indeed yet my german bank hasnt even managed to update their app for the iPhone 6/6+ screen after all these months

10. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Haha funny you mention that - today my bank finally released the iPhone 6 update. Perhaps it's also yours. :D ;)

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You will be drugged, bound, and forced to wear one. Crowds of strangers will be brought in to point at you and laugh.

You can wake up now.

12. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

Sorry your app remains on screen for more than 5 seconds, it will drain the battery, go back and modify it to only show for 2 seconds :D

13. GalaxyGuardian macrumors newbie

I see the event invitation title in front of me! "Be on time." :D

14. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

I don't see the practicality for owning an Apple Watch, yet I still want it.

Problems.

15. cdm283813 macrumors 6502

It's the power of the Apple logo and the empty promises about how life changing it will be.
    See you in line....while I'm sitting at home laughing.

16. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Maps is a good example. If the initial experience consumers have is negative it's going to make them less likely to buy/use the product. How many people had a bad experience(s) with Apple maps and never went back? Launching this product smoothly and with as few bugs as possible is super important.

17. AngerDanger, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Here's to hoping for Angry Birds on day one that fall faster depending on your BMI or pulse.

[​IMG]

Oh, yes, and it's definitely gonna need a cursor…

18. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Very excited to see what apps are available on day one.

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i sure hope that nike is onboard at the start. could this possibly launch in early April?

20. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

Hopefully Apple has enough engineers to make iOS 8.2+ versions not have battery drainage, and also make iOS 9 the "Snow Leopard" of iOS. :D

21. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

It would have been even nicer if iOS 7 and 8 weren't so buggy on release. Why is 9 suddenly going to end this pattern?

22. thefourthpope macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

I loved this. PANIC

23. i.mac macrumors 6502a

Nice. Apple doing things their way. Everyone benefits. In getting an apple watch for my significant other.

24. Keirasplace macrumors 601

Snow leopard took 22 months to become good after release... So, it could be that mythical animal (sic) if IOS 8 becomes good just before IOS 10 is release... (sic)

Not sure you actually want that.

----------

Considering the very high number of Apple users using Map, maybe the effect wasn't profound as you think.

25. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

First World ones I believe. :D