Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its website to introduce its annual holiday gift guide, recommending Apple products for people to purchase for friends and family this holiday season.

This year's gift guide is streamlined and simple, focusing primarily on Apple's newest selection of devices organized into different color collections.

giftguideapplewatch.jpg

The $999 iPhone XS, the $159 AirPods, and the Apple Watch Series 4, starting at $499, are the top three recommendations in the gift guide and these are the devices that are also likely to top many holiday wishlists.

Apple's AirPods in particular have been an incredibly popular gift choice since they launched and their popularity has shown no signs of waning.

iPhone XS cases, stainless steel Apple Watch Series 4 models, and Apple Watch Sport Loops in shades of pink, gray, and brown are also top picks, but scrolling down on the page, there's an iPhone XR-focused section.

In this portion of the guide, Apple recommends the $749 iPhone XR, which comes in a variety of colors, along with the $349 HomePod, iTunes gift cards, and Apple Watch bands and iPhone XS cases in shades of gray, blue, and cream.

giftguidexrhomepod.jpg

Apple can't recommend iPhone XR cases in this iPhone XR section because it hasn't come out with first-party iPhone XR case options.

A third section recommends devices like the new iPad Pro, which starts at $799, the Apple Pencil 2, and the Smart Keyboard Folio for the iPad, while other recommendations further in the guide cover the Apple TV 4K, the Magic Mouse 2, the 13-inch MacBook Air, and more.

giftguideipadpro.jpg

Apple usually recommends some third-party products in its gift guide, but has not done so this year, choosing instead to focus on its own devices.

In addition to sharing its gift guide, Apple today also kicked off its holiday return period, offering a holiday extension on its typical two week return period. Most Apple products purchased between November 14, 2018 and December 25, 2018 can be returned to Apple through January 8, 2019.

Extended holiday returns are available in the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK, and other select regions. As is typical, Apple is offering two-day shipping on all purchases, and later in December, will likely offer one-day shipping options for last minute shoppers.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 2018 Holiday Gift Guide

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2008
This should really be titled, "Apple Shares New 2018 Holiday Gift Leaflet". Seriously, Apple sells 4 products (iPhone, iPad, Mac desktops, Mac laptops) and 319 adapters to make them more useful.

The only advertisement more of a joke than this Guide is the ad for Spatula City.

jsavvy

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
I guess that means no Airpods 2. Oh well, still buying some for Christmas. Just hope they don’t release version 2 shortly thereafter.

Reactions: rmoliv

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Picked up some iPhone XRs on Nov 12. Checked to see the return policy, and it looks like the return policy is Jan 8!

That's a relief.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
It appears they’ve posted this after I bought all my Christmas gifts to myself this fall. Oh well.

Now what to get the rest of the family...?

Reactions: rmoliv

AppleWarMachine

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2011
Michigan, US
I guess that means no Airpods 2. Oh well, still buying some for Christmas. Just hope they don’t release version 2 shortly thereafter.

I’m sure they will by the end of March.

But Apple recommends these 2 year old AirPods with Bluetooth 4.0, which don’t match the Bluetooth 5.0 in the iPhone or watch that they show :eek:

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
That Rose Gold looks Awesome! I'd change the watch to the mocha band instead though.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I'd normally make some kinda comment about 'must be nice to give someone a $1000 gift...'

...but then I'd be a hypocrite since I've given my girlfriend my iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5.

Reactions: bwcmusic

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Correction: I believe they may be retroactive to 11/1/18. I purchased an apple product on 11/1/18 and went to my apple page as today would be the last day for me to click on the return button and shows that I have till 1/8/19 to click on the return button. So it looks like it officially started on 11/1/18.

Reactions: DrJohnnyN

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Hopefully, Apple will offer Black Friday deals (like gift cards), and not exclude newest products.

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Correction: I believe they may be retroactive to 11/1/18. I purchased an apple product on 11/1/18 and went to my apple page as today would be the last day for me to click on the return button and shows that I have till 1/8/19 to click on the return button. So it looks like it officially started on 11/1/18.
That is correct.

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
Believe me they will, you gonna buy the version 2 anyway when they come out. So have fun with it and enjoy your holiday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.