Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has redesigned its Apple ID website, introducing an entirely new look that's much more modern and clean than the prior design that was used.

apple-id-website-1.jpg

The Apple ID landing page has been updated with a new dot and Apple logo design, along with information on what the Apple ID website can be used for. The prior design was graphics heavy, featuring a large banner with people using various Apple devices.

apple-id-website-2.jpg

Logging in to the Apple ID website presents all of the available Apple ID management options in a card-style view, plus there are navigation options on the left.

apple-id-website-3.jpg

The card view offers information at a glance, like your Apple ID, your notification email, whether you have two-factor authentication enabled, and the last time that your password was updated. Clicking through the navigation options brings up more info like your name, birthday, reachable email addresses, device list, payment options, and more.

The entire website is simple, responsive, and easy to navigate, and it's quicker than the prior website. The new look is a definite improvement over the previous design for those who need to manage their Apple IDs on the web. The new website design can be found at https://appleid.apple.com/.

Article Link: Apple ID Website Gets Design Overhaul

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Much needed, especially as Apple has transitioned to prioritizing their Services revenue. The Apple ID website has gained more traffic and importance, and this redesign, along with its speedier improvements, was sorely needed.

I'm glad they have improved it sooner rather than later. I'm sure that Apple Genius's have been getting flooded with requests regarding Apple ID, and this redesign should alleviate some of those tickets.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
I have a separate App ID/Password (for the app store) and iCloud user id/password. This was LONG before family sharing was a thing, my wife and I shared the app store login to avoid paying twice for apps. Not sure how we can ever merge that app store id with 2 different icloud accounts... we are stuck with 2 forever I guess.

aroom

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2014
we still can't change our apple id from an @icloud.com email address...

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
we still can't change our apple id from an @icloud.com email address...
I’m thinking of changing it to on of my iCloud email addresses. I’ll just treat it as an user name and not use it for emails. This way I don’t have to worry about a 3rd party email for this anymore.

metapunk2077fail

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2021
That’s a lot of iPads, Juli! 😂

Juli has this Bruce Wayne set up with iPads. She's hacking into all the mobile and tablet devices in the world to run a distributed dictionary attack against crypto criminal networks. If successful she will destroy all arch villains, terrorists and populist dictators by draining their dirty money and bankrupting them.

Batman-solar-machine-screenshot-with-mr.-fox.jpg

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Is there any practical reason for them never allowing us to merge Apple IDs?
I can see that it’s a complex challenge for Apple to merge two separate accounts and manage subscriptions, iCloud data, payment informations, etc. Not giving them an excuse not to do it but I think this is the primary reason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.