Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today increased the price of its Beats Flex headphones from $49.99 to $69.99, a pricing shift that may be related to supply chain constraints that have raised the costs of components across the industry.

beats-flex-new-colors.jpg

First released last October, the Beats Flex made headlines at launch because of their low price compared to other Apple headphone options, and they have been a popular purchase option since. The Beats Flex are a follow-up to the BeatsX, and feature an in-ear design with a wire between the left and right earbuds.

Given their low price, the Beats Flex may have been more susceptible to cost pressures than some other Apple products. At $20 more expensive, the Beats Flex are still a very affordable option to get into the Apple headphone ecosystem, but it's not quite as impressive a deal as before. They come in Black, Flame Blue, Yuzu Yellow, and Smoke Gray, and offer much of the same seamless connectivity functionality available with Apple's more expensive Beats options.

Auto-play/pause is included, and the Beats Flex last for up to 12 hours without needing to be recharged. There's a Fast Fuel charging option that offers 1.5 hours of playback, and they feature Find My integration.

The pricing change of the Beats Flex was first noticed by Twitter user Pedro Henrique and was highlighted by 9to5Mac. The Beats Flex can be purchased from the Apple Store, but Amazon currently has them on sale for as low as $37, so those considering a purchase should buy them on Amazon before prices go up.

Article Link: Apple Increases Price of Beats Flex Headphones From $50 to $70

Last edited:

Minxy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2012
That's a BIG price increase!
Doesn't bode well for the new MacBook Pro, Apple knows people want them and even if there are extra costs I'm sure Apple will want to add an extra premium.

- I will still pay it, for my sins. 😕

Last edited:

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
Just a heads up, I bought this product as an emergency wireless buds since my powerbeats pro were falling apart, the flex have the W1 chip, as opposed to the H1 in the newer beats/airpods, hence they lack the fast switching functionality and are a real pain to switch from Mac to iPhone to tv set, etc…

I really can’t wait for the new airpods to be released, hopefully it will have an improved H2 chip where switching devices won’t be as painful…

Metrosey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2019
That's a BIG price increase!
Doesn't bode well for the new MacBook Pro, Apple knows people want them and even if there are extra costs I'm sure Apple will want to add an extra premium.

- I will stay pay it, for my sins. 😕
I’m expecting over $500 for the 32 core GPU

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
Tim Cook needs to pay for his mansions. Steve Jobs never flaunted his money in fancy houses.

Everybody has to be a Jeff Bezos.

Jobs bought a $3.5 million dollar historical mansion and let it fall into disrepair over the course of 11 years just so he would have an excuse to destroy it just to build a “smaller less complicated house”.

But since he died before being able to build a house after successfully demolishing the nightmare he created out of pure greed, he never flaunted money in fancy housing... /s

jfc you people and this weird deifying of Jobs.

Last edited:

anshuvorty

macrumors 68020
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
$20 more. Dang, this whole chip shortage is annoying. Hopefully it stops soon. Everything seems to go up high in prices anyways.
Mid-decade it should be back to normal....especially after Intel's and TSMC's new fabs are online and working...

...and hopefully the global vaccination campaign against COVID-19 starts ramping down...

code-m

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2006
Mid-decade it should be back to normal....especially after Intel's and TSMC's new fabs are online and working...

...and hopefully the global vaccination campaign against COVID-19 starts ramping down...

Ramping Up
Winding Down

Is how I am familiar with the term not Ramping Down. 😕

• Disagree
Reactions: seanoo

code-m

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2006
Just a heads up, I bought this product as an emergency wireless buds since my powerbeats pro were falling apart, the flex have the W1 chip, as opposed to the H1 in the newer beats/airpods, hence they lack the fast switching functionality and are a real pain to switch from Mac to iPhone to tv set, etc…

I really can’t wait for the new airpods to be released, hopefully it will have an improved H2 chip where switching devices won’t be as painful…
I got a pair of similar style BT earphones from a local vendor and does a good job at connecting quickly and without fuss plus the battery life is similar in duration of use, I paid $10-15.

jamisonbaines

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2007
CA
I'd love to recommend these, but can't. My Beats X lasted only a year and a half. Battery replacement looks nearly impossible. I'll stick with my wired earphones until battery technology makes some huge strides.

Well these are Beats Flex, but they do seem to be largely the same. My Beats X get about 90 minutes listening time at high volume. I still think it’s a better deal than Airpods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.