Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavinder

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2009
Looking at the comments so far, it might be an unpopular opinion but i absolutely adore this pair of headphones. I have the airpods pro and bose quietcomfort but I always reach for this when I'm heading out. You can pop them on and off, let it sit on your neck without bringing a case with you and the battery life is awesome.
I love them too. I recommend them to everyone, and in fact I've just bought another while I can still get them at the old price.

I do a lot of cycling and never have to worry about losing them, as I do with earpod-style phones which always risk falling out (and either getting lost or a car running it over after it falls out). No faffing around with cases, just keep them on the neck all day.
And as you say, the battery life is incredible for Bluetooth earphones.
Sound quality-wise, they're far better than the wired earbuds and, for my use cases (cycling, commuting etc.), the sound quality is comparable to far more expensive earpods.

jackietreeh0rn

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2018
Never have I felt more convinced about returning a purchase as quickly as these headphones. I don't know if it was a case of a defective product, but they sounded horrible and never felt like exchanging them for a new pair. May be they also didn't feel like a great fit in my ears too.

• Haha
Reactions: Maconplasma

mlayer

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
Bought these when they first came out. They're competent but limited. They also broke a couple months ago. Got a warranty replacement. The clock is ticking on the replacement set as well...

• Wow
Reactions: ghanwani

H.E. Pennypacker

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2017
NYC
Tim Cook needs to pay for his mansions. Steve Jobs never flaunted his money in fancy houses.

Everybody has to be a Jeff Bezos.

Did you forget about Steve Jobs 125 million dollar yacht? Ya he didn’t flaunt.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
And yet we didn’t get a refund or credit when they took out the charger and headphones from iPhones. ?

• Disagree

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
That’s too bad as I always thought these were a pretty good deal. There are sales on them frequently.

I’m glad I was able to pick these up for $39 on sale on Amazon. While I have AirPods, I’ve dropped them too many times while running (and they broke a few times) and wanted decent wireless headphones but specifically with a wire between the buds. They work great and I find they are a lot easier to take around during the day instead of carrying AirPods. The device switching isn’t as seamless as the AirPods but it’s no big deal.

I tried the AirDots but the mic is really terrible. Nobody could ever hear me so now they just sit in a drawer unused.

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Looking at the comments so far, it might be an unpopular opinion but i absolutely adore this pair of headphones.
As with most things, it's a question of value for money. Something at a reasonable or acceptable price is good, that same product at an unreasonable price is not so good.

• Haha

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Apple today increased the price of its Beats Flex headphones from $49.99 to $69.99, a pricing shift that may be related to supply chain constraints that have raised the costs of components across the industry.
I wonder if Apple suppliers suspending production in China for a few days could have played a role

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Jobs bought a $3.5 million dollar historical mansion and let it fall into disrepair over the course of 11 years just so he would have an excuse to destroy it just to build a “smaller less complicated house”.

But since he died before being able to build a house after successfully demolishing the nightmare he created out of pure greed, he never flaunted money in fancy housing... /s

jfc you people and this weird deifying of Jobs.
Jobs flaunted his cash building an ugly yacht.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Tim Cook needs to pay for his mansions. Steve Jobs never flaunted his money in fancy houses.

Steve Jobs' last house was 1,603 m2. His last boat cost €105 million.

WTF is it with you guys and your completely crazy and angelic view of Jobs?

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021

No Steve Jobs bought multimillion dollar super yachts instead:

And as for Steve Job's home when he was alive, he was trying to get planning permission for a new mansion, he managed to get as far as knocking the old one down before he passed. Still it was only around 15,000 square feet so modest by US mansion standards:

So Steve was spending his money, but I agree not to the extent others have done considering his wealth. Bezos seems to collect yachts like marbles.

On topic, I have to say that's a steep price rise and I'm not sure why personally? Percentage wise what increased costs is such a massive increase supposed to be covering?

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Just a heads up, I bought this product as an emergency wireless buds since my powerbeats pro were falling apart, the flex have the W1 chip, as opposed to the H1 in the newer beats/airpods, hence they lack the fast switching functionality and are a real pain to switch from Mac to iPhone to tv set, etc…

I really can’t wait for the new airpods to be released, hopefully it will have an improved H2 chip where switching devices won’t be as painful…

If you haven’t done so, you can just set up a shortcut icon on your devices that will immediately connect your beats by simply pressing the icon. Makes switching super quick.

wanha

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2020
These are the worst headphones I have ever had (got them for xmas last year).

Mediocre sound quality, the conductive sound from the cable carries into the headphones when you move, they're a pain to put on and switch on (I mean, really?!), and switching between devices is clunky.

I wouldn't buy these if they were on sale for $30.

Buyer beware.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Jobs' mansion in Woodside was called the Jackling House. It was a shame Woodside eventually gave him permission to demolish it as its architect was George Washington Smith, famous for building many outstanding Mission Revival homes in Southern California in the early 1900s. It was gorgeous. Sadly, a piece of history was lost.

As an aside, it was not far from Larry Ellison's super mansion, a home allegedly costing close to $200 million to build back around 2000, and modeled after a 16th century Japanese imperial palace with ten buildings, supposedly constructed with pegs rather than nails to keep it authentic for that period, and taking nine years to build.

• Haha
Reactions: tridley68

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
It's actually nitrogen and has a very specific purpose, to not let the chips decay and to act as an air-cushion preventing them from crushing.

If only it was helium! Would have been fun for those times having a super case of the munchies. :)

Reactions: GuilleA

kyleh22

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Jobs bought a $3.5 million dollar historical mansion and let it fall into disrepair over the course of 11 years just so he would have an excuse to destroy it just to build a “smaller less complicated house”.

But since he died before being able to build a house after successfully demolishing the nightmare he created out of pure greed, he never flaunted money in fancy housing... /s

jfc you people and this weird deifying of Jobs.
He also bought a new Mercedes few months so he didn't have to tag them. LOL he didn't like the way license plates looked. Ultimately he came up with a special leasing agreement with Mercedes so they just delivered cars to him and took his old one away.

Last edited:
Reactions: citysnaps
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.