Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gherkin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2004
Just sold my iPhone 11 and found a brand new pair of wired headphones in the old box before shipping. I realize there are many advantages to bluetooth headphones but ehh.. these will last a couple years.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Costco has them on clearance for $39.97 (the 97c odd price indicates its being discontinued )

Get them now if you want them, may be last chance at a good price and even below the previous MSRP:

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
1) Raise Beats Flex price
2) Mark them as 10% to 15% off on Black Friday / during Christmas holidays
3) People will rush out to buy them because "OMG! They're on sale!"
4) Profit

PSeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2021
These are 10000% NOT worth it. I bought a pair of the yellow ones when MacRumors posted about them in February for $39 but I really regretted it when I tried to use them on my runs/mowing the lawn.

Maybe I'm just not a fan of the rubber tips, but I did try all 3 sizes that they provided and all of them easily fell out of my ears. I like the way that the OG AirPods feel in my ear compared to the "pro" ones with rubber tips, so it could totally just be preference.

Also extremely annoying to receive a USB-C cord with no way to charge without a USB-C block.

JMStearnsX2

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2020
I got a pair of these at Target when they were on sale for $39, definitely worth it for the convenience and mild water resistance. I wear them while running/walking and they have some nice features like auto pause/play and answering the phone.

*Edited due to wrong price, I wish that I had paid $3*

Gummiwise

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2013
I really tried to like Beats Flex after having been a longtime Beats X user. Sadly, I'm one of those folks whose ears "reject" Airpods and Airpods Pro. I tried various hacks, including aftermarket foam tips, and no matter what, one of them would always quickly fall out.

With the Beats X, I was able to use the mic during calls to some degree of success. With Beats Flex, callers would constantly complain about not being able to hear me. I chalk it up to mic placement, perhaps. I am hoping that eventually there will be a Beats Flex revision where the mic is in a better position or has enhanced technology so that callers can actually hear me more clearly.

trddddr

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
toronto
Thanks MacRumors. I just bought three pairs on Amazon. I live by the ocean in Costa Rica, and have gone through five or six Beats X and Flex in three years - they die with the heat and humidity after 3-8 months. And their warranties are not honoured here. ??‍♂️?

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
1) Raise Beats Flex price
2) Mark them as 10% to 15% off on Black Friday / during Christmas holidays
3) People will rush out to buy them because "OMG! They're on sale!"
4) Profit

If true, that works for me! It's about recovering increasing *costs*.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Prices are going up astronomically for everything. It’s only the little people that feel the pain of it though. Every business I know is hiking prices… I guess COVID is the gift that keeps on making the rich richer. When it’s over you think prices will decrease? Nah… it’s a central bank scam to cover up the crazy money printing ? for all the graff for the political “players.”
Unfortunately many of those price increases come from mom and pop restaurants and stores having to pay people $20 to was dishes or sweep floors because the government is paying them $15 (with our money) to stay home and do nothing.

If you haven’t done so, you can just set up a shortcut icon on your devices that will immediately connect your beats by simply pressing the icon. Makes switching super quick.
That's nice Apple, let's you build they software connection they should have built.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.