Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
Just based on the short plot summary that was provided in this short article, it seems like the plot is similar to that of Hunger Games....
I’ve read the hunger games books and also Wool. Because I enjoyed both series, I can see why someone would make the connection. The similarity is that they’re both loosely taking place in a “post-apocalyptic”, dystopian future. But that’s pretty much where the similarities end.

Reactions: yegon and JBGoode

Sam Squanch

macrumors regular
May 10, 2018
Good pedigree, spent many happy Saturday nights watching his dad Elwy Yost host Saturday Night at the Movies.

synp

macrumors member
May 22, 2001
No, but no.

It was actually a fringe fringe group, not the main party itself. Sort of like how the weather underground wasn’t the DNC.
And it was a fringe group in the Democratic party, not the GOP.

Reactions: 3NV7

Kent Clark

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2017
Seriously, “dystopian future” is starting to become a tired trope. What happened to the futures that are a little more inspiring? So over dystopian crap. Anytime I see the word “dystopian” in the description, I almost always pass nowadays. I am looking forward to Foundation.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Seriously, “dystopian future” is starting to become a tired trope. What happened to the futures that are a little more inspiring? So over dystopian crap. Anytime I see the word “dystopian” in the description, I almost always pass nowadays. I am looking forward to Foundation.

You don’t think 10,000 years of dark ages is “dystopian?” :)

Reactions: synp and Admiral

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Gave up on the Wool book, as the idea that the characters didn't have knowledge to make an elevator was just ridiculous.
If you’d kept reading you would have learned why there are no elevators.
There’s a good reason. I mean bad reason, but logical.

Reactions: gweedo

3NV7

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
I recently re-read the series, and it was definitely the DNC responsible for the silos (and the events that forced people into the silos).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.