Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced a series order for a live-action Godzilla and the Titans TV series that's based on Legendary's Monsterverse franchise. The Monsterverse is a story universe that includes movies like "Godzilla," "Kong: Skull Island," and "Godzilla vs. Kong."

monsterverse-tv-show.jpg

The untitled Monsterverse series will take place after the battle between Godzilla and the Titans leveled San Francisco.
Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking new reality that monsters are real, the series explores one family's journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch.
Apple's Godzilla TV series will be produced by Legendary Television with co-creator Chris Black serving as executive producer and showrunner. Black is known for his work on "Star Trek: Enterprise" and "Outcast."

Article Link: Apple Inks Deal for Godzilla TV Show Based on Legendary's Monsterverse

Wildkraut

macrumors 68030
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Again, the same people behind every other Godzilla installment, Legendary, are making this. Apple is the distributor.
Don't forget it's Apple! Oppps I meant Overlords...
It reminds me of this, they were also just the distributor...

Heh, “the cruel whipmasters at Apple”, that was a good one...

MacOH21

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2018
like all Apple TV shows, I’m guessing this will be a slow character study of Godzilla’s motivations and feature human character “struggling” with something.

That, and you won’t see Godzilla until the last episode.

Relentless Power

macrumors Westmere
Jul 12, 2016
There are so many original science fiction novels and stories out there but instead we get reboots or retellings.
Is that some type of indication this won’t be successful, because it’s a ‘re-boot’, given you have no idea yourself what to expect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.