Apple iPhone 5 dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by adamvk, Sep 16, 2012.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So, I currently have a 4S, and an iPhone 5 is on it's way. Right now I have two Apple white docks, one in my bedroom, one in my studio. I LOVE them to death. Anyone have insight as to if Apple will release new versions of them? I feel like they usually show up in the apple store the same time as a new iPhone comes out, but not this time. :(

2. Dissecta macrumors member

Dissecta

Times two on wanting one.

I have a dock on my bedside table and the phone goes on it last thing at night and is grabbed off it first thing

3. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

Same here ....my iphone is my alarm too. I can't wait to see what kind of dock and accessories they come up with. I want a stereo with a dock connector for my new iphone 5!

4. tigertazz macrumors 6502

tigertazz

+2 for me too

i have one by my bedside and 1 at work

i was just looking into the 30pin - lightning adapter but it just means there'll be alot of strain on the connection with the lean that the phone sits at.

We really need that official / 3rd party dock to be issued soon

5. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I wrote Phil Schiller this morning and inquired about the dock, asking whether I should stay tuned or if the dock was dead. He wrote back an hour later and said:

We do not plan on making a dock for the iPhone 5. Most people who use docks use them with speaker or clock systems.

So no Apple dock. A shame. I buy 2 for each new iPhone model. :(

6. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

that's impressive he actually answers emails - considering he probably gets hundreds or more. but i bet he has another email account for internal emails too

7. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

This is a shame, I have two docks one on my night stand where my phone charges each night and the other on my PC desk so I can dock my iPhone/iPod Touch while it syncs and charges.... Will be a shame to see these go. I guess we can just hope that a 3rd party decide to still make them because personally I don't need a speaker or clock system for my iPhone while I sync it.....

Rookie

8. nevesis macrumors 6502

If this is true, I am ****ing PISSED....:mad:

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I bet we'll see some really sick ones off kickstarter or other companies.

10. pmas76 macrumors member

I don't believe this is true. Apple has made a dock for EVERY iPhone it has ever released. I can't see them stopping now. Unless it has something to do with the new lightning connector.

11. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

No way! :(
    I was looking forward to getting a dock.

12. nevesis macrumors 6502

I refuse to believe this to be true. How could Apple do this? The dock is not only an elegant way to charge the phone, it also is one of the main reasons I have kept all my other iPhone's in nice shape over the years by keeping it docked, opposed to having it lay flat on a surface that could cause a scratch, etc.

13. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I feel dirty posting this but ...

Attached Files:

14. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Phil might have got this one wrong, but Apples docks really were nothing special and hopefully a really nice third party one will come to market

15. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I can believe it since it didn't launch with one. Seems like the sort of accessory to have day 1 of your product.
    I guess 3rd parties will cover it.

16. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Can't believe you guys are buying into this guys crap...even his supposed screenshot is an obvious fake.

He did not receive an email from Phil and there will be a dock...

17. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I find it curious as to what about my screenshot makes it an obvious fake. I don't like being called a liar. My history on this forum is nothing but helping when I can, asking for help when I need it and stating my opinion when I think I have something to offer.

The email is real but I am not sure what could convince someone so obviously opposed to accepting it. This morning I decided to try writing Phil Schiller because I was sick of wondering whether a dock was going to appear. I got his message. Debated publishing it since it feels wrong to do so. However, I saw other people who shared my dilemma so I sought to help.

Header attached as requested.

Attached Files:

18. Che Castro macrumors 603

Are there any third party docks available now ?

19. trdspectacoma macrumors regular

I was looking at the rokform for the 4s. They are the same width. But it is a universal dock

20. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

This sucks :(

I don't want a stereo dock. I just want a simple iPhone 5 stand that will charge it. It's very strange that Apple would choose to forego making a dock this time. I wonder if they didn't sell enough of them.

21. luisn17 macrumors member

I wonder if we can buy the lightning adapter and place it on top of the 30pin connector and on top of that the iPhone. It will look horrible but seriously WTF apple no dock???

22. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Phil Schiller says people who use docks use them with speaker or clock systems?? What the hell does that even mean? Is he referring to a Bose SoundDock or those iHome alarm clocks? I have an iPhone dock on my nightstand with the audio out connected to a 2.1 speaker system. I would be the perfect customer to sell an iPhone 5 dock to! Well, if Apple won't make one, I'm sure someone else will.

----------

I doubt it will support the weight of the iPhone, and youll probably end up with a broken lightning connector.

23. Che Castro macrumors 603

Your email is all over the tech news sites now

24. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Damn! I've built in the dock in my car and wanted to replace it for an iPhone5 version :/

For next to my computer I'm waiting for my elevation dock, but that is too big to build into the ashtray as I did right now. :(

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Would the lighting to 30-pin adaptor work on the iPhone 4 dock or is that too unstable?