Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bomikepa

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
True Arn but we cant return stuff that we buy from Apple online in store. And we don't get to make reservations for an ipad mini for in store pickup.

But I am curious to know if Black Friday actually exists in AU or NZ?

i used to live in sydney years ago...back then there was no black friday mania!

and harvey norman sucks so does dick smith

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Wooooow!
:D

As always Apple´s Black Friday sale is more of a joke than anything else.
THey haven´t even made a tiny discount on the ipad mini or the latest iPad. I don´t even see why they bother to spend time changing their website for this.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Is that ipad with retina display the new 4th gen with lightning connector or the previous one that came out in march?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
True Arn but we cant return stuff that we buy from Apple online in store. And we don't get to make reservations for an ipad mini for in store pickup.

no. it doesn't. Apple just calls it a special shopping day to be broadly applicable.

arn

Mick-Mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Are there any Black Friday discounts for students over the usual discounts available from the educational store?

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
I just love their attention to detail. The calendar icon shows the 23rd :)

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Wooooow!
:D

As always Apple´s Black Friday sale is more of a joke than anything else.
THey haven´t even made a tiny discount on the ipad mini or the latest iPad. I don´t even see why they bother to spend time changing their website for this.

People see "Black Friday" and assume it's a good discount, flocking to stores. I went to a store during some discount, might have been for Christmas but I don't remember, and it was PACKED with people, probably past the maximum occupancy. I've never seen so many people in such a little space except in an elevator.

The discounts were puny, like $10 off on a $600+ item or something.

Last edited:

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
No Mac Mini because of the pending recall to fix the HDMI output problem?

This is gonna be a huge embarassment for Apple once it goes mainstream.

HURRY UP AND FIX THE MAC MINI!!!!.....I want one.

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
Only America could have a holiday where people give thanks for what they have then rush out and buy loads more crap.

hifromtomorrow

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2012
Brisbane, Australia

No Black Friday doesn't exist as we don't celebrate your thanksgiving.
However for the past two, maybe three years, we have been included in the Friday sales at sites where many Australians purchase items on line like amazon. And now apple.
Also hilariously, we had our own home made version of a one day Internet sale earlier this week called "click frenzy". This is now referred to in Australia as "click fail". It was a disaster, on many levels.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
I shouldn't be surprised. Apple has never given a flying Frack about discounting their products.

But being on the fence about buying into the iPad world, a $41 discount isn't going to be enough to push me over the edge. 458 isntead of 499 isn't a significant enough discount for a 1 day sale to warrant getting up early, or rushing to the store.

$100 off and you've probably got me hooked. 150+ and i'll line up.
less than 10% is nothing more than "market fluctuation" to me

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
How come no iPad Mini? :(

Erm, as the demand is currently outstripping the supply (online, at least), so why would they need to offer a discount? Most retailers/resellers haven't even got their Mini's yet.

BigMacAus

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
Apple will price match, and $498 is the same price for the new iPad as BigW sell it. But it will be good for those who don't know about price matching or don't ask for it. I got my new iPad a couple of weeks ago for $498 after asking for a BigW price match.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
No Mac Mini or iMac means I'm out, a big enough discount and I might have got the Mini. They don't even have the iPad Mini on the list, so nothing interests me right now :(

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Well I guess I might as well order an ipad mini before BF sale gets going then -think it'll get shipped before the orders tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.