Apple Launches iTunes Sale With 4K HDR Bundles Starting at $19.99 for Three Movies

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 19, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today launched a new iTunes Movies sale centering around 4K HDR bundles, allowing Apple TV 4K owners to further expand -- or start -- their 4K film collections at a cheaper price. The bundles are divided up by studios and further split into four main genre categories under each studio: Action and Adventure, Comedy, Drama, and Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

[​IMG]

Most of the bundles are $19.99 for three movies, although some rise to $22.99 and $24.99 depending on the studio. For the most part, sale prices haven't hit the SD versions of each collection, with some SD price tags still as much as double the price of the 4K versions of each bundle. Below we've listed each collection and the movies you will find in each:

Warner Brothers
    - Action and Adventure ($19.99): The Accountant, Argo, Into the Storm
    - Comedy ($19.99): Central Intelligence, CHiPs, Get Hard
    - Drama ($19.99): Sully, Collateral Beauty, Live By Night
    - Sci-Fi and Fantasy ($19.99): Blade Runner (The Final Cut), I Am Legend, Jupiter Ascending

Sony Pictures
    - Action and Adventure ($19.99): Bad Boys, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Professional
    - Comedy ($19.99): Ghostbusters (1984), Rough Night, Sausage Party
    - Drama ($19.99): The Bridge On the River Kwai, Concussion, Inferno
    - Sci-Fi and Fantasy ($22.99): Starship Troopers, Life, Passengers (2016)

20th Century Fox
    - Action and Adventure ($24.99): Independence Day, Hitman: Agent 47, Assassin's Creed
    - Comedy ($24.99): Keeping Up With the Joneses, Snatched, Spy
    - Drama ($24.99): Life of Pi, The Martian, The Revenant

Universal Studios
    - Action and Adventure ($24.99): Lone Survivor, Everest (2015), The Great Wall
    - Sci-Fi and Fantasy ($24.99): Warcraft, Snow White and the Huntsman (Extended Edition), King Kong (2005)

Lionsgate
    - Action and Adventure ($24.99): John Wick, The Hunger Games, Saban's Power Rangers

For the new sale, Apple said: "We're so excited about movies in 4K HDR on Apple TV 4K that we want to help kick-start your collections. Explore a variety of specialty priced bundles,divided by studio and genre, and start building your library in this amazing picture quality today."

iTunes Movies sales are frequent around the holidays, and there are also a few Christmas-themed movies in 4K being discounted right now, like Home Alone, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Holiday ($9.99 each). You can visit iTunes Movies on macOS or iOS and the new 4K HDR collections should start appearing on the store's carousel today.

Article Link: Apple Launches iTunes Sale With 4K HDR Bundles Starting at $19.99 for Three Movies

2. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

3. toomanydatsuns macrumors newbie

toomanydatsuns

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

damn. I already own at least one title in every single bundle.

5. Stars&Stripes macrumors newbie

I'm gonna wait 'til 4K becomes the new 1080p in terms of accessibility before paying these prices.

6. muddygun macrumors newbie

It's a shame their all blah movies....except for Blade Runner (but I already got that)

7. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

Don't stick your nose too high into the air. You'll get a nosebleed.

8. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

I hate the juxtaposition of the movies in these bundles. Just discount each title, damn.

9. KrisLord macrumors 65816

In the UK we seem to have lots of individual movies at £4.99 rather than this offer.

10. Zoboomafoo macrumors 6502

11. Squuiid macrumors 65816

Squuiid

Drama ($24.99): Life of Pi, The Martian, The Revenant
    This is the only bundle worth buying IMO. Three solid releases.
    The rest all have one good movie out of three.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 19, 2017 ---
    Link pls.

12. outskirtsofinfinity macrumors member

outskirtsofinfinity

Jiminy. Those bundles are such a snooze fest..... Why no Criterion Collection titles? Now THAT would be a bundle. Say, a Tarkovsky + a Bresson + an Ozu (or Dreyer).

13. Martyimac macrumors 65816

Martyimac

Since i have no 4k devices, I can pass.

14. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

I would buy them if I could actually download and watch them on my 5K iMac.

15. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502a

Internet Enzyme

When listing an object that has a comma in its title (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) am I incorrect to say that a semicolon should be used instead of the comma in the list?

16. SlyMac macrumors 6502

SlyMac

Why do these bundles usually consist of one mediocre-to-good film (which I usually already own) and the rest are just trash only ever worthy of a redbox rental?

17. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

In the U.K. we have had an offer on called ‘Tis the season. There’s a new offer every day. We got die hard in 4 k the other day and today’s deal is The Wall although it’s not in 4K. We also got all 3 of the new planet of the soles flicks for 12 quid the other day.

18. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I might be the only one who enjoyed Jupiter Ascending. I have a thing for space operas. Of course, $20 is worth it for Blade Runner (The Final Cut) alone.

19. VIPmediastar macrumors member

VIPmediastar

Who and Why do you rent or buy movies nowadays? I'm wondering who re-watches the same movie more than once?

The only movie I watched more than once was Napoleon Dynamite (like 10 times). I'm on netflix, amazon prime video, hbo. What is the appeal to renting or buying movies? Just wondering

20. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

I bought the VCR tape, the DVD, the Blu-Ray... NOT buying the 4K :D
    Beside, through the years I rarely watched more than once or twice movies that I bought.

21. efp722 macrumors regular

Watching movies are fun. Rewatching some of my favorite movies is fun. The nostalgia? The happy feelings a favorite movie can bring? I have a few hundred movies in my iTunes collection and will happily rewatch many of them and will probably watching them all even more in the next few years as my daughter grows up. Me and my wife rewatching The Middle Earth movies pretty much annually. Same with Star Wars. Same with the MCU movies. We have dozens of musicals (old and new) that we enjoy. Plus you get all of the special features with iTunes Extras. Movies are just like music to me. It's easy to rewatch and enjoy.

22. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Regardless of the complaints posted in this thread so far, these are some great intro prices. I glad to see that the push into 4K is finally starting to happen this year.

23. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

These random bundles are always an awful idea. If you have a lot of iTunes movies already, chances are good you already have at least one of the movies in the bundle, meaning you’re buying it again to get the other movies, thus reducing the savings. And chances are low you’re actually going to want all of the movies in the bundle, so you’re paying for movies you don’t want.

What would be great is if you could get a credit for movies in bundles you already own. So for example if I own 1 Thor movie that I bought individually and later a 4-movie Thor bundle comes out that contains my movie, I could get partial credit for having already owned part of it.

24. muddygun macrumors newbie

Yeah, I get quite a few of those a week. It's not from putting it too high into the air though :(.

25. nvmls macrumors 6502

nvmls

Lol at these bundles, very Cook's Apple-Like.