Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hope movies will arrive too in the Dutch :apple: iTunes!
Apple has to hurry if they do no not want to miss the boat here, Dutch websites are starting to rent and sell DivX movies online (e.g. http://www.moviemaxonline.eu/actie/DivX.html)

To be honest I do not think it will happen, they:)apple:) do not have eyes for small European countries. :(

Ireland as a market is smaller than the Netherlands. This is all about licensing. Due to dubbing and subtitling and the still splintered market etc. licensing movies is a nightmare in Europe.

jimmyjoemccrow

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2009
Jaysus! Finally! We were beginning to feel like a third-world country here. (Although, with this recession, we're not far off - thank you, America!)

Maybe we'll only have to wait another 5 years to get a feckin' (no, that's not a curse word) Apple Store too! I mean, we do manufacture the Mac Pro here - albeit in Cork!

How far are you from the border? We have a nice Apple store here in Belfast. I'm sure you know how to use a proxy to convince iTunes that you are in the UK.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
Those prices are high. I think the Euro is 1.33 right now?

Not that high...the USD/EUR exchange rate does not tell you anything...
Example...take the movie 2012...i can rent it 4.99€ from my TV provider, on iTunes it is 3.99€. So comparatively to local prices in place it is less expensive or the same price. Now Apple just needs to expand its catalog and update Apple TV and they will be in good position to beat all other local providers (that will at the end align to the lower price)
X

Tiffy

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Not that high...the USD/EUR exchange rate does not tell you anything...
Example...take the movie 2012...i can rent it 4.99€ from my TV provider, on iTunes it is 3.99€. So comparatively to local prices in place it is less expensive or the same price. Now Apple just needs to expand its catalog and update Apple TV and they will be in good position to beat all other local providers (that will at the end align to the lower price)
X

The price for renting a movie is OK but to buy, it is too expensive. For only a few euros more, you can buy the DVD or blu-ray. But probably this pricing policy is due to the majors, not Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.