Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Launches New 10.5-Inch iPad Air With A12 Bionic Chip and Apple Pencil Support, Starts at $499

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today introduced an all-new iPad Air with a 10.5-inch Retina display, A12 Bionic chip, and first-generation Apple Pencil support.

The new iPad Air is a lower-cost replacement for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro, which was priced from $649 prior to being discontinued today.

The new iPad Air is available to order on Apple.com starting today with 64GB and 256GB storage. Apple Store and reseller availability will begin next week. Prices start at $499 for Wi-Fi models and $629 for Wi-Fi + Cellular models in the United States.

Initial launch countries include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, the UK, and the US.

More countries and regions will follow "soon," including Colombia, Greece, India, Israel, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, and Turkey.

Apple also introduced a new iPad mini with the A12 Bionic chip and first-generation Apple Pencil support. The 9.7-inch iPad was not updated today.

Article Link: Apple Launches New 10.5-Inch iPad Air With A12 Bionic Chip and Apple Pencil Support, Starts at $499

Last edited by a moderator:

thadoggfather

macrumors G5
Oct 1, 2007
I mean... step in right direction, but to not change the price of 2017 10.5" from $649 MSRP all this time after launching 2018 iPad pro seemed really terrible to me.

I feel bad for anyone who got a 'sale' 2017 for $499, etc. recently.

Such is the life of tech, but Apple didnt even drop the price on their previous gen hardware. Insanity/greed!

AND they've rebranded it Air, again?!? Why?

edit- bc it has no proMotion or quad speakers. Shifty... you have to have a PhD in Apple specs to not get hosed or have your purchase come with some short sighted surprises.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.