Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched the two new iCloud+ plans that it announced during last week's iPhone-centric event. The 6TB and 12TB iCloud+ plans can now be purchased through the iCloud+ interface as higher-tier options that join the existing 50GB, 200GB, and 2TB storage plans.

icloud-plus-storage-tiers.jpg

The 6TB plan is priced at $29.99 per month, while the 12TB plan is priced at $59.99 per month. Apple suggests that the 6TB plan is ideal for photographers and content creators, while it says the the 12TB plan is aimed at "advanced users."

Apple's new 6TB and 12TB plans can be shared with family members, allowing multiple people to take advantage of the storage increase if Family Sharing is in use.

icloud-plus-new-tiers.jpg

iCloud+ has a number of benefits, including Private Relay for private Safari browsing, Hide My Email for generating single-use email addresses for each website, HomeKit Secure Video to store footage from HomeKit cameras, and support for custom email domains that can be used with an iCloud email address.

Article Link: Apple Launches New 6TB and 12TB iCloud+ Plans

phill85

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Just signed up for the 6TB :cool:

Edit: I then downgraded my Apple One Premier to the individual, so $32.95 - $16.95 = $16.00. So I pay slightly more for the storage, from $9.99 a month for 2TB and $32.95 a month for the apple one premier, to now $16.95 a month for apple one individual and $29.99 a month for 6TB, give me a net increase in price per month of 4 dollars. I currently have 6.05TB total space, using 3.8~TB.

Last edited:

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
All obvious complaints aside, I am glad that there's an option to have more than 2TB of storage without having to subscribe to Apple One. My 2TB plan has about 400GB free, which probably will be used up by end of 2024.

$30/month for 6TB is cheaper than $43/month for Apple One Premier + 2TB extra storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.