Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Needno CoDefender

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2018

Apple today launched a repair program for iPhone 7 devices that are impacted by an ongoing bug that causes them to have no available service even when cellular coverage is available. Apple says the problem is caused by a component that has failed on the main logic board.

The problem affects "a small percentage" of iPhone 7 devices, causing them to display a "No Service" message instead of properly connecting to an available cellular network.

applenoservicerepairprogram-800x236.jpg

Customers who are experiencing this issue will receive a free device repair from Apple, and those who have already paid for repairs are eligible for reimbursement. Apple will be emailing customers who may have previously paid for a repair related to this problem to offer a refund.

According to Apple, affected units were manufactured between September 2016 and February 2018 and were sold in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, and the United States. Model numbers that are impacted by the hardware failure include A1660, A1780, and A779, and customers can see if they are affected by checking the model number on the back of their device.

We first heard hints of this bug in September of 2016, when Apple launched an investigation into iPhone 7 devices that were displaying a "No Service" message after customers activated and then disabled Airplane Mode.

Apple's repair program is only available for the iPhone 7, and Apple will examine all iPhones prior to service to verify that the iPhone in question is impacted by the bug and eligible for repair. Apple says that devices with other damage, such as a cracked screen, will need to have those problems addressed before the "No Service" bug can be fixed.

Customers who are in need of a repair should contact an Authorized Apple Service Provider, visit an Apple retail store, or get in touch with Apple support. Apple will be sending all iPhone 7 models in need of repair to an Apple Repair Center.

The new iPhone 7 repair program covers affected iPhone 7 devices for two years after the first retail sale of the unit.

Article Link: Apple Launches Official Repair Program for iPhone 7 Models Affected by 'No Service' Issue
[doublepost=1542050440][/doublepost]Hell i sent my phone off and they told me it was going to be 3 to 5 business day and I'm waiting but it feel like I got scam on my phone cuz the customer service is crap

Reactions: Adriewg

Hornswon

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2018
Austin

Apple today launched a repair program for iPhone 7 devices that are impacted by an ongoing bug that causes them to have no available service even when cellular coverage is available. Apple says the problem is caused by a component that has failed on the main logic board.

The problem affects "a small percentage" of iPhone 7 devices, causing them to display a "No Service" message instead of properly connecting to an available cellular network.

Customers who are experiencing this issue will receive a free device repair from Apple, and those who have already paid for repairs are eligible for reimbursement. Apple will be emailing customers who may have previously paid for a repair related to this problem to offer a refund.

According to Apple, affected units were manufactured between September 2016 and February 2018 and were sold in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, and the United States. Model numbers that are impacted by the hardware failure include A1660, A1780, and A779, and customers can see if they are affected by checking the model number on the back of their device.

We first heard hints of this bug in September of 2016, when Apple launched an investigation into iPhone 7 devices that were displaying a "No Service" message after customers activated and then disabled Airplane Mode.

Apple's repair program is only available for the iPhone 7, and Apple will examine all iPhones prior to service to verify that the iPhone in question is impacted by the bug and eligible for repair. Apple says that devices with other damage, such as a cracked screen, will need to have those problems addressed before the "No Service" bug can be fixed.

Customers who are in need of a repair should contact an Authorized Apple Service Provider, visit an Apple retail store, or get in touch with Apple support. Apple will be sending all iPhone 7 models in need of repair to an Apple Repair Center.

The new iPhone 7 repair program covers affected iPhone 7 devices for two years after the first retail sale of the unit.

Article Link: Apple Launches Official Repair Program for iPhone 7 Models Affected by 'No Service' Issue

Apple "SAYS" they will repair or replace affected iPhone 7s BUT what they DON'T tell you is that the phone has to be displaying "No Service" while you are in the store or they won't even bother with it. If your phone all of a sudden obtains service while you are in the "magical Apple Aura" of the store, they say they can't send it in. Then you leave the store and, driving home, "No Service" again in areas you have previously never had a problem. WHY is this happening all of a sudden? I've had my 7 for two years with no issues. If the phone was flawed, why wouldn't this issue have manifested before now? Apple Planned Obsolescence "update"??? I cannot live at the Apple Store waiting for my phone to show "no service" again, and of course, it only does it when I NEED my phone to work! AAAARRRGH Have spent many hours over the last two days on the phone with Apple Care and Sprint, and then at the mall waiting for support tech. It's not a carrier issue, my wife and kids' phones all work just fine at the same locations. Have been through all the diagnostics and Apple Care agrees its a recall issue, but the damn store will not do anything until they see No Service with their own eyes! Anyone have any ideas???

Lukepaduke

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2019
I had this problem with my 7 and went in and got a free one, couple months later it happened again and they want to charge me 150$ for an error that apple made??????????????

Fez176

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2019
This issue is way overblown. I just tried it myself by toggling Airplane mode on then off and my phone is fi
Lucky you, mine has this prob and it’s no more then an expensive paper weight at atm. Mine was working fine until I did a factory reset, wanted to clear the music off but didn’t have access to a computer, now I can’t even finish setting the phone up. After I connect to WiFi that’s as far as it will go. But I have to give a big hand to apple, I contacted them yesterday and today I received a box in the mail to send my phone in for repair, 100% free. FedEx is picking the package back up in the morning! Fingers crossed!
[doublepost=1554431972][/doublepost]
Dammit I just bought two of these.:( No issues with them yet, but I better check the serial number when the kids back.

Whatever you do don’t do a factory rest, I learned the hard way!

Adriewg

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
My son got the dreaded "No Service" issue on his iPhone7 A 1778 directly after the 12.1.4 update. I restored his phone to a rolled back version (pre-update) and it worked for a full week before the phone updated overnight (we forgot to shut off automatic updates) and bricked it again. This time, I was unable to restore it from the rollback, and brought it into Apple. They quoted us $319 for the repair, and there's not a scratch on the phone! No way in HELL am I paying that much on a phone that I have AppleCare AND insurance on. They had the nerve to try to talk me into buying a new X, but as much as I was a loyal Apple/Mac customer for the last 20+ years, I will be buying him a Samsung. I'll hold onto the brick until the class action suit gets started.

Mohammadreza

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2019
Hi,
No service problem.
Today I went to Apple centre in Highpoint (Melbourne) for a genius bar meeting. The technician checked the problem and saw the no service message at the top of the phone, but he said that because it is intermittent (sometimes it appears sometimes it is working), and your error message is not exactly like the photo in my system (the photo contained a no service message along with a caution sign) (for me it didn't have the caution triangle besides the no service message), your phone is not eligible for replacement program. I'm really astonished that why they didn't support me as a Apple customer. I also spoke with his manager, but she also told something like her technician.
I've attached the screenshot of the phone error message.

Attachments

• 20190513_163015.jpg
    20190513_163015.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130

ashraf1980

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2019
hello Dear,
I am from Jordan I bought iPhone 7 from my brother in-law he brought it from KSA before two years.
and before 1 month I faced this problem in iPhone 7 (No Sim card) I sent it to maintenance to local shop and still have the same problem.
can any one help me in this case what to do and how to contact Apple Company or apple authorized Dealer?

Can they fix it

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.