Apple Launches OS X Mountain Lion via Mac App Store for $19.99

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 25, 2012.

1. new-to-mac macrumors regular

100% agree - been waiting 2 days now. today is the 72 hour deadline - wait and see but this is a major cock up by apple :mad:

2. parish macrumors 65816

parish

I understand what you're saying, and you are quite likely right, but our u/g to ML isn't really free is it? I had to pay £2300 to get my "free" u/g so, if anything, Apple should let us d/l it first as we bought new hardware (where Apple's real profit comes from), plus I think that it was their plan to ship the rMBP with ML but it wasn't ready in time, hence the special version of Lion to support Retina

3. new-to-mac macrumors regular

I'm in the same position as you BUT would you have bought your laptop even if ML was not coming out in next few months? Would you have bought your laptop if ML was not free?

My answer is YES to both so the upgrade is free (at least for me). Now as I am entitled to it, I want it now. No one told me I had to wait 72 hours to get a code - this is simply unheard of in today's day and age.

Where they screwed up is promising ML to all new laptops and then not delivering on their commitment in a reasonable fashion - in fact this whole upgrade process has been one debacle after another

4. leftroom macrumors 6502

5. Husky1992 macrumors regular

Husky1992

This is exactly right from your POV. However you must consider that they ALREADY sold you the rMBP and they are not getting any extra money today nor in 72hours, and they wont give you the 19,99dollars back even if you choose not to download ML. So you (we) are useless customers Lol

6. jdsolo macrumors newbie

So I dled ML. So far it looks pretty good.

But I have two noticeable issues.

1. The Wifi icon says that there's no internet connection. But I'm surfing the web and posting this as I type. Fixes?

2. I tried sending an iMessage to my phone. It hasn't worked. Is this common?

7. jtrenda33 macrumors 6502

Mountain Lion without a mountain lion?

How come there's no mountain lion desktop picture? I was really looking forward to that more than anything. :confused:

8. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Haven't had either problem.

9. mac-the-oreo macrumors newbie

I FINALLY got the email with the password to unlock the PDF and the PDF email as well!!!!!!!
    ML is officially downloading for me, it is going REAL fast.
    Took more than 48 HOURS to send me a code -_-
    As soon as it downloads I am making a bootable disk with Lion DiskMaker!!!
    To those of you who waited as long as me and are still waiting you should get it soon.
    Yes 48 hours was expected because they said up to 72 hours, but I mean SERIOUSLY, it shouldn't take more than an hour for them to send email, unlock code, redeem in app store and start the download.

10. Soulflower macrumors regular

Soulflower

booo hoooo. I upgraded my iMac and Macbook Pro and went to upgrade my hubby's old white Macbook and it is not supported. He doesn't even care but I'm so disappointed!!! :D

11. vahnx macrumors member

After 55 excruciating hours, my code came in and ML is finally downloading :D

12. parish macrumors 65816

parish

13. new-to-mac macrumors regular

woohoo me too!! just got the code

they must've released a new batch of codes :D

14. parish macrumors 65816

parish

Hey guys, can you all pause your downloads for a couple of hours while I get mine :p

15. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

LOL! Doesn't hurt to ask!!!

16. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

Apple has some sense of humour. When you want to remove a widget they all jiggle trembling with fear.

17. Husky1992 macrumors regular

Husky1992

18. dasams macrumors member

dasams

Instant Code

When i submitted my code request earlier this week, I mistyped an 'i' for a '1'. So I resubmitted and got an instant (and I mean instant) Apple reply with two emails: the pdf with the code and the PW. Sadly, I can't access the content code because it says the PW is invalid. Will the madness please stop:mad: dave

19. Husky1992, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

Husky1992 macrumors regular

Husky1992

wow, it's fantastic this ML....

I can't figure out what's new, apart from the notification bar that can't figure out how to setup. Oh yeah, and the dock now it's worst because it's more difficuilt to see the open apps. How can I get the old dock back?

20. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

After all the security issues in the past with Safari, why does Apple insist setting, Open "safe" files after downloading. Or do away with it completely.

21. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

In the meantime I've got the compensation.