Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple recently launched a new advertising campaign to promote its Apple Pay payment method, using the "Pay the Apple Way" slogan on billboards, social networks, and more.

apple-pay-ad-campaign-2.jpg

The "Pay the Apple Way" messaging is meant to demonstrate the ease of using an iPhone or Apple Watch to make a purchase without the need to pull out a card from a wallet. Apple highlights the simplicity and speed of Apple Pay, as well as the built-in security.

Apple has installed billboards in the United States and the UK, which is where it is promoting Apple Pay. Apple plans to debut a dynamic and immersive experience using prominent street billboards and mall placements. Apple customers in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Dallas, and Atlanta will see the ads.

apple-pay-ad-campaign-1.jpg

There are four videos that go along with the campaign that show the ease of use of using Apple Pay, and Apple plans to show these on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networks. For TikTok specifically, Apple has teamed up with TikTok creators. Each personality will answer the question "Can I [blank] with Apple Pay?" to spark dialogue about the uses of contactless payments.

The advertising campaign is already live, with the ads appearing in cities and on social media networks. Apple Pay is one of the most widely used contactless payment methods, and Apple says it is accepted by more than 85 percent of retailers in the United States.

Article Link: Apple Launches 'Pay the Apple Way' Advertising Campaign

Last edited:
Reactions: wbeasley

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm amazed how many people wearing an AW pull out their credit card at the store ... ApplePay on the AW is one of my favorite features ...
Worse is when I see them scrolling through their phone, they put it away, and pull out their cards!

I use it almost everywhere except Walmart. Unfortunately for Walmart, I have to use Walmart Pay, but I will live. I just need Home Depot on board and I don't even need to carry a wallet at all!

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Pave the way to Apple becoming a $10T company.

This is when tech companies figure out that skimming a % off every transaction amounts to really big money for doing nothing which has created giants like visa, mastercard, amex. Big tech is in on the scheme now. Started with paypal but followed by google, apple, and soon x.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I am kind of jealous of those folks for whom this process works so flawlessly.
Best use case for me has been around 75% success.
Since I have to carry the cards anyway, I usually use those.
Every so often I will give it a try for another week or so.

btw - Google Pay has about the same success rate for me.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
I haven't used a card or cash since I got my iPhone and AW. It works everywhere (even when getting taxis, for instance). I know i could use my debit or credit card as well, but then I'd need my wallet, which is a pain.
👍
Pretty much the same experience for me.

Travelling in Europe, South America has been smooth as butter only using my iPhone.

Africa? Not so much… USA? Also, not so much.

Here in the UK the only time I need cash is for my monthly haircut, A3 colour photocopies at the library and… buying The Big Issue. Most days I only leave the house with my keys and iPhone. Oh and headphones! 🙂

podycust

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2017
👍
Pretty much the same experience for me.

Travelling in Europe, South America has been smooth as butter only using my iPhone.

Africa? Not so much… USA? Also, not so much.

Here in the UK the only time I need cash is for my monthly haircut, A3 colour photocopies at the library and… buying The Big Issue. Most days I only leave the house with my keys and iPhone. Oh and headphones! 🙂
Yea same here, rare use cash or even take wallet with me just iPhone, Apple Watch and headphones, oh and house keys because can buy stuff and use the tube all from my Apple Watch 😀

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have never figured out how to successfully use Apple Pay on my Watch, I just use my iPhone. I'm going on a big trip this summer so will be using Apple Pay quite a lot and keep my wallet safe in my fanny pack.
You want to figure this out. It’s as easy as the phone to use. We have Kroger grocery. My Kroger card is on my watch too so when I check out I scan my card barcode then use ApplePay and done.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have never figured out how to successfully use Apple Pay on my Watch, I just use my iPhone. I'm going on a big trip this summer so will be using Apple Pay quite a lot and keep my wallet safe in my fanny pack.

Isn't it the same? Just double-click the side button to activate Wallet? Have you synced your Wallet to your watch?

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
To do Apple Pay at Walmart I load my Apple CC in the Walmart account and then scan the QR code and choose Apple CC payment. Closest that I can get. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Sasparilla

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
I was recently traveling and eating out a lot in a big city and almost exclusively relied on Apple Pay. It’s was amazing and feel much better about security. Having had cards stolen before felt much better leaving them in the hotel

nickawhite

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2019
New York, NY
I'm fully convinced that Apple Pay + Apple Watch is the best point-of-sales experience possible. Full stop. At least once a month I "blow away" a sales person who didn't know their terminal could accept contactless payments by using my Watch to pay. So easy, so quick, and always right on my wrist where it is convenient to use. Never used my card (or cash) in England - hoping the US will eventually become as well-covered with contactless payments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.