Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today created an official Twitter support account to provide customers with tips, tricks, and customer service regarding the company's product and services. One of the account's first tweets shares step-by-step instructions on how to turn lists into checklists in the stock Notes app on iPhone.

AppleSupport_2016-Mar-03.jpg

Many large companies provide customer service on Twitter in 140 characters or less, and it appears that Apple will directly respond to customer tweets as well. The account is currently set to accept Direct Messages, although Apple may choose to disable that option akin to some of its other Twitter accounts.

Apple continues to lack an official company presence on the popular microblogging service, although it does have some Twitter accounts for specific products and services like the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and Beats 1. Tim Cook, Phil Schiller, Eddy Cue, and many other executives also have personal accounts.
The Notes app has some awesome hidden tricks. A favorite of ours: how to turn lists into checklists. #AppleSupport pic.twitter.com/6fdzsRT1i4 - Apple Support (@AppleSupport) March 3, 2016
@ItsZijZ We're here to help! Can you please send us a DM with the details of your issue? Thanks. - Apple Support (@AppleSupport) March 3, 2016
Follow the account on Twitter at @AppleSupport. You can also follow MacRumors at @MacRumors.

Article Link: Apple Launches Support Account on Twitter With Tips, Tricks, and Customer Service

beebarb

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
I have a feeling this might be a response to the several phony 'Apple Support' accounts that have popped up on occasion.

Reactions: AlexH

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
This makes up for the lack of Apple retail support? i.e. It has taken me 5 weeks to get a Genius appointment, it is now booked for 3 weeks time.

Is this for real? Stateside, I've seen wait times up to maybe 2-3 days at worst.

Part of the problem is not only the rate at which they are increasingly selling more products to more people but not opening as many stores, but also people will bring in the device for things that are either user error or fixed by a restore or restart.

jamietomo78

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
Is this for real? Stateside, I've seen wait times up to maybe 2-3 days at worst.

Part of the problem is not only the rate at which they are increasingly selling more products to more people but not opening as many stores, but also people will bring in the device for things that are either user error or fixed by a restore or restart.

It is real in the UK, I once set my alarm for 3am to book an appointment for the following week. Checked on slots a few hours later and they'd all gone. We don't have as many Apple stores as you do in the US.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Guess I'm the only one feels that the Android community will troll them on Twitter and make Apple look bad. I dunno about this.

Do Apple users troll Samsung, Google and other competitors?

ETA: Further - has the Android community been trolling Tim Cook's account or any of the other Apple twitter accounts?

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
lol 140 characters or less and lots of trolls. Good Luck remember #noperiods

When will Twitter allow more than 140chars after all?

There's always the universal Twitter expander: write in the Notes app, take a screenshot, post on twitter.

Won't this make the Tips App redundant?

What if you don't want to use Twitter?

Guess I'm the only one feels that the Android community will troll them on Twitter and make Apple look bad. I dunno about this.

In that case, do you think it would be Apple looking bad?

Do you think people would buy an Android phone, because there is a massive number of Android trolls?

Don't think so...

Reactions: StevieD100

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Wow, it took them this long to finally engage directly with their customers?

I wonder if this is a result of recently hired public relations director, or the recent FBI fiasco.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.